The rich taste of Creme Brulee in homemade coffee creamer! Sweet vanilla with notes of light caramel make this easy creamer the perfect addition to both hot and iced coffees.
I stopped buying fancy coffee creamer once I learned how easy it is to make at home. It all started with this French Vanilla Coffee Creamer.
Table of Contents
Why this Creamer is Best
If you find yourself heading to the drive-thru to pick up a creme brulee flavored coffee regularly, you can’t afford to not try this homemade coffee creamer!
- Today’s Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer is inspired by the famous crackly-topped French dessert, creme brulee.
- The fusion of brown sugar and vanilla flavors transform any cup of coffee into a decadent treat.
- This budget friendly recipe takes just 10 minutes to make.
- It gives you all the sweet creamy taste of a coffee house latte at a fraction of the cost!
You only need four ingredients to make this incredible coffee creamer.
- Evaporated milk – Not to be confused with sweetened condensed milk, this canned milk makes the coffee creamer, well, CREAMY!
- Brown sugar – For sweetness and a familiar creme brulee flavor.
- Vanilla – Always use a pure vanilla extract for that irresistible creamy flavor you love.
- Whole milk – I prefer this for rich flavored creamer but if you need a lower vat version, feel free to use 2% or skim milk instead.
Tips and Tricks
- Heat the evaporated milk with the brown sugar. The brown sugar will dissolve into the warm milk as it heats on the stove.
- Add the vanilla and whole milk to the mixture after removing it from the stove.
- Store your homemade coffee creamer in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. I like to use a mason jar!
Separation of the liquids and solids is normal in homemade coffee creamer. Just give the jar a good shake to recombine the contents before adding it to your coffee.
Most large grocery stores carry fat free evaporated milk (or fat free sweetened condensed milk).
To make it sugar free, you can also substitute stevia brown sugar substitutes for the light brown sugar.
Instead of whole milk or higher fat milk, use skim (fat free) milk. You’ll love the flavor!
Use the expiration date on your milk carton to determine how long this creme brulee coffee creamer will keep. Keep the creamer in the fridge and enjoy it up until the expiration date listed on your milk.
You sure can! This homemade coffee creamer tastes great in hot coffee and iced coffee alike. Or use it to flavor your espresso!
More Coffee Creamer recipes
- This French Vanilla Coffee Creamer is my most popular. It’s the base recipe of most of my creamer recipes!
- Turn your coffee into a pumpkin spice latte! This Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer is perfect for Fall!
- Chocolate Marshmallow Coffee Creamer
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer
- Almond Joy Coffee Creamer
Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounce
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat evaporated milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk until sugar is dissolved. This takes a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the milk and vanilla extract. Pour into a large (quart sized) mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use. ENJOY!!
- To determine expiration date, use the date on your milk carton as your guide. This creamer will last in your refrigerator until the milk date.
Add a splash of homemade Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer to your coffee mug for a sweet start to your day.