Chewy delicious Jif Peanut Butter Cookies. One of our favorite cookie recipes with lots of mix in ideas!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
**Thanks to Jif for sponsoring today’s post. All opinions are my own!**
So often on my blog I share recipes that were given to me from family and friends. And many times I find out that one of our favorite “family” recipes originated from the back of a soup can, cereal box or in this case, jar of peanut butter!
My family has been making the Jif Peanut Butter Cookie recipe for years. Ironically, I was approached by Jif a couple months ago to share this classic recipe with you all. Can you say, “perfect fit.” I love when that happens!
I’m curious what your favorite cookie is, and where you got your recipe. Did you create it yourself, or did it come from a brand’s packaging?
What I love about these Jif Peanut Butter Cookies is how chewy they are. I also love that you don’t have to refrigerate the cookie dough. Whip up the dough and start baking.
This cookie dough is also great for fun mix-ins.
- peanut butter cups
- peanut butter morsels
- chocolate chips
For today’s recipe I used the Creamy Jif Peanut Butter, but I personally love love love substituting it with the Crunchy version. Those little bits of chopped peanuts add a great crunch to a chewy cookie!
Want to try making your own batch of Jif Peanut Butter Cookies? I’ve got a special giveaway for you, thanks to Jif! One winner will receive:
- Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- Crisco Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- Pillsbury BEST All-Purpose Flour
- Jif Apron
- Customized Jif Cookie Jar
- Fork for Cookie imprint
To enter the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter form below. It may take a minute to load! Good luck. Giveaway is open for one week, winner must be a US resident, 18yrs or older.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Connect with Jif:
- 3/4 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening (or baking sticks)
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat over medium speed. Add egg and beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture on low speed. Mix until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross patter with tines of a fork.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until set and beginning to brown. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
- For a fun mix-in, add 1 cup of your favorite treat: chocolate chips, peanut butter morsels, m&m's.
- I used a 2 Tbsp scoop for my larger sized cookies. They baked about 8-10 minutes and I yielded 28 cookies.
- Recipe from Jif
**Today’s post is sponsored by the J.M. Smucker Company. I received free product and compensation, however all opinions are truly my own. Thank you to Jif for making this choosy mom happy!**