Refreshing and delicious, this Nutella Coffee Milkshake is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. Chocolate, hazelnut and coffee flavors together make this caffeinated treat better than anything from the coffee shop!
It’s so easy to make fun specialty coffee drinks at home. These Caramel Coffee Milkshakes are addictive and so much less expensive than Starbucks.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
Today’s sweet and creamy creation is for all of you Nutella fans!
- 3 ingredient coffee milkshake.
- Perfect way to use leftover coffee.
- Rich chocolatey flavor.
- Extra thick and creamy!
- Cheaper than a coffee shop and tastes better.
Nutella Coffee Milkshakes are quick and easy to make. Since I always have the ingredients on hand, I can blend up a couple of these frappes anytime the craving strikes.
Here’s all you need to make these coffee shakes:
- Brewed coffee – I like to make a little extra hot coffee in the morning, then let it cool down. By afternoon, it’s ready to get blended into shakes. You can also use instant coffee or cold brewed coffee here.
- Ice cream – Vanilla ice cream is my preference for making Nutella milkshakes. For an even richer chocolate flavor, you can certainly use chocolate ice cream instead (or half vanilla, half chocolate!).
- Nutella – This chocolate hazelnut spread adds sweetness and rich cocoa flavor to the shake, with a hint of nutty flavor.
Tips and Tricks
- Blend the ice cream and Nutella with half the coffee first. Then, add a little more coffee at a time until your shake reaches your desired consistency. The more coffee you add, the more liquidy the shake will be.
- This recipe yields enough for 1 generous coffee milkshake. Feel free to double the ingredients so you have enough to share with a friend!
- Enjoy your Nutella milkshake right away! A dollop of whipped cream on top is a pretty and delicious addition.
Nutella is a smooth spread made with sweetened chocolate and hazelnuts. You can find it in the peanut butter aisle of most grocery stores!
I love baking with (and eating!) Nutella. It’s a key ingredient in this Nutella Swirled Banana Bread and these Nutella Stuffed Donut Holes too!
There is a definite coffee flavor to this shake–we like it that way! The coffee taste is balanced by the creamy sweetness of the ice cream and the Nutella, so it’s definitely not bitter.
You sure can! Just swap the coffee for milk to make a regular Nutella milkshake without the caffeine content or coffee flavor.
Yes, espresso can be used in this recipe. It is much stronger than regular coffee though, so be prepared for an extra jolt!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Nutella Coffee Milkshake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup brewed coffee cooled
- Blend ice cream with Nutella, slowly pouring in the cooled coffee until desired consistency!
- Pour into a serving glass and enjoy immediately!
Put some pep in your step with this easy Nutella Coffee Milkshake recipe!