Refreshing and delicious, this Nutella Coffee Milkshake is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. Chocolate, hazelnut and coffee flavors together make this caffeinated treat better than anything from the coffee shop!
It’s so easy to make fun specialty coffee drinks at home. These Caramel Coffee Milkshakes are addictive and so much less expensive than Starbucks.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
Today’s sweet and creamy creation is for all of you Nutella fans!
- 3 ingredient coffee milkshake.
- Perfect way to use leftover coffee.
- Rich chocolatey flavor.
- Extra thick and creamy!
- Cheaper than a coffee shop and tastes better.
Nutella Coffee Milkshakes are quick and easy to make. Since I always have the ingredients on hand, I can blend up a couple of these frappes anytime the craving strikes.
Here’s all you need to make these coffee shakes:
- Brewed coffee – I like to make a little extra hot coffee in the morning, then let it cool down. By afternoon, it’s ready to get blended into shakes. You can also use instant coffee or cold brewed coffee here.
- Ice cream – Vanilla ice cream is my preference for making Nutella milkshakes. For an even richer chocolate flavor, you can certainly use chocolate ice cream instead (or half vanilla, half chocolate!).
- Nutella – This chocolate hazelnut spread adds sweetness and rich cocoa flavor to the shake, with a hint of nutty flavor.
Tips and Tricks
- Blend the ice cream and Nutella with half the coffee first. Then, add a little more coffee at a time until your shake reaches your desired consistency. The more coffee you add, the more liquidy the shake will be.
- This recipe yields enough for 1 generous coffee milkshake. Feel free to double the ingredients so you have enough to share with a friend!
- Enjoy your Nutella milkshake right away! A dollop of whipped cream on top is a pretty and delicious addition.
Nutella is a smooth spread made with sweetened chocolate and hazelnuts. You can find it in the peanut butter aisle of most grocery stores!
I love baking with (and eating!) Nutella. It’s a key ingredient in this Nutella Swirled Banana Bread and these Nutella Stuffed Donut Holes too!
There is a definite coffee flavor to this shake–we like it that way! The coffee taste is balanced by the creamy sweetness of the ice cream and the Nutella, so it’s definitely not bitter.
You sure can! Just swap the coffee for milk to make a regular Nutella milkshake without the caffeine content or coffee flavor.
Yes, espresso can be used in this recipe. It is much stronger than regular coffee though, so be prepared for an extra jolt!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Nutella Coffee Milkshake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup brewed coffee cooled
- Blend ice cream with Nutella, slowly pouring in the cooled coffee until desired consistency!
- Pour into a serving glass and enjoy immediately!
Put some pep in your step with this easy Nutella Coffee Milkshake recipe!
I won’t judge about the single cup while the pot brews…I do the same. It’s comforting to know I am not the only one who does that. 🙂 I have coffee, I have Nutella, now I just need to get ice cream and this is definitely going in the Ninja. 🙂
Haha, ENJOY 🙂
Amazing! I just finished one!
yummm this looks amazing! do you think it’s okay that i pinned it under “breakfast foods”? lol!
Totally cool with me. It’s coffee 🙂
Love this post!! No judging here, I have an extreme addiction to coffee! After my sugar detox I will definitely be trying this recipe. I have heard of Gevalia, but have not known anymore who drinks it so didn’t know if it was good or not. Now I will have to try it, I am always open to trying different brands of coffee. I have been looking into buying an espresso machine, but haven’t decided on what brand/type to get. Do you own an espresso machine?
I don’t have an espresso machine (would love one though)! The Gevalia is delicious 🙂
ooh now that’s a k cup that I neeeeeed to try!
This seriously made me want to go and turn on my Keurig. Right now. Almost 11 at night.
It would have been a waste of energy because I don’t have any ice cream … or nutella… So I would have just had a cup of coffee. And I guess there’s nothing wrong with that, but still, it’s not this milkshake. And that’s what I want!
I need to set myself up for this. It sounds way too good. And yes, I totally judged you right before I read NOT to judge you. Haha. I laughed out loud at that one.
I have eyed this post though social media the past few days and I am just now getting over here! Seriously looks amazing- is it bad if I want it for my breakfast?! LOL and Kahlua in this sounds to die!!
Dang girl, this looks like the ultimate afternoon pick me up! I want.
Yes, I must admit: I, too, am a total coffee snob! We brew a pot of Starbucks every morning and use the Keurig after that for anything hot. Before Starbucks came to town we bought Kevalia for years. Please try a cold brew for your iced coffee. It really makes a difference! Love the post.
Gevalia is one of my favorites 🙂 this milkshake looks amazing!
yes, please, I’ll take one of those! Your presentation is so pretty, too!
This is the most delicious looking milkshake!
Yummers! I’d take a few to go, please?
Sounds delicious. I’ve been wanting to make homemade ice cream…
Coffee…nutella…milkshake….omg Aimee it’s all my cravings in one mind-blowing cup of awesomeness! Agh – if it wasn’t so cold and rainy and gross today I’d make this immediately. But the next sunny day..this shake is MINE. 😀
This looks absolutely delicious and great for the warm weather approaching!
This milkshake looks delicious! Two of my favorite things, coffee and ice cream! Love my Keurig! I’m not sure what I would do without it at this stage of my life with my little kids not sleeping at night.