Who can resist sweet bites of cookie dough filled with Reese’s pieces? Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles have all the peanut butter and chocolate flavor you crave!
Homemade Truffles are easier to make than you think. My Easy Chocolate Truffles recipe can turn anyone into a homemade candy maker. Or give our delicious snickerdoodle truffles a try next.
Why this Recipe Works
Love cookie dough? There’s no egg in this truffle, so you can gobble as many as you like.
They truly taste like peanut butter cookie dough.
Unlike my buckeyes recipe, these have more of a cookie dough flavor (those taste like peanut butter cups)!
Don’t forget to try our original recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough truffles next!
- Butter. We use unsalted butter in this recipe. It allows us to control the amount of salt. Use our tips and tricks on how to soften butter quickly.
- Flour. Be sure to heat treat the flour before using it.
- Creamy peanut butter. We prefer regular shelf stable peanut butter in this recipe, as opposed to natural styles.
- Mini Reese’s pieces. Look for these in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips. M&Ms baking bits can be substituted if you prefer more chocolate to peanut butter.
- Chocolate melting wafers. I recommend a quality chocolate designed for melting, like these Ghirardelli wafers.
- White chocolate. Use white chocolate melting wafers or melted vanilla bark for the drizzle.
- Make Cookie Dough. Beat together all the ingredients for the cookie dough center.
- Add Candy. Fold in Reese’s pieces.
- Roll Balls. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Dip in Chocolate. Use a toothpick to dip each truffle into the melted chocolate coating.
PRO TIP: Stir together melted white chocolate with peanut butter. Drizzle over the truffles. Add a fancy touch to the truffles!
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t forget to heat treat the flour before using!
- Store peanut butter cookie dough truffles in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 2 weeks.
- Dip the truffles in white chocolate instead of milk chocolate for a delicious twist!
- Keep the frozen truffle centers in the freezer until just before you’re ready to dip them. You want them to hold their shape while you coat them in the chocolate.
Heat treating kills off any dangerous microbes that might be lingering in your flour. In most recipes, the flour is heated while the dessert bakes.
Since this is a no bake recipe it’s important to take the extra step of baking the raw flour in the oven for a few minutes to make it safe to eat.
I don’t recommend using chocolate chips for melting. They contain added ingredients that keep the chocolate from melting and setting up smoothly. You could use an almond bark (or chocolate bark).
Yes, you can make the peanut butter cookie dough balls up to 1 month ahead of time. After freezing for 2 hours, transfer them to a freezer bag. Keep frozen until ready to dip in chocolate.
More Candy Recipes
- I grew up buying chocolate from Fannie May. These Dark Chocolate Coconut truffles are copycat Trinidads!
- Cookie Dough Truffles are awesome. Mint Cookie Dough Truffles are even better!
- Raspberry Truffles– Perfect for Valentine’s day.
- And of course, let’s not forget about that Reese’s addiction. These Peanut butter cookie bars are delicious and decadent!
- How to Make Fudge– our complete guide!
- Christmas Crack Recipe
Cookie dough meets chocolate and peanut butter in this spectacular recipe. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles are easy to make and even easier to pop into your mouth!
Love the Reese’s pieces in here! They remind me of those Reese’s Pieces stuffed peanut butter cups that you can only get at Halloween! Excited to have a year round option.
I don’t know too many things better than peanut butter and chocolate! And these sounds totally awesome and I bet totally addictive. I do the same thing you do, ship the goodies off to my husband’s office so I don’t gobble them all down. lol These really are the perfect treat for summer!
This recipe takes peanut butter balls to the next level, I absolutely love them!!!!
How long and how to store these for gift giving?
I have kept them up to two weeks in my refrigerator, in an airtight container with no problems!
what is reese’s ??
So excited to make these! Should I use light brown or dark brown sugar?
Amazing idea.. Would love to try it
awwe, you got me drooling for these sugary sweets!!! thank you for the recipe, thanks much for your generosity to share! 🙂
Reese’s inside? You’re amazing, Aimee! These sound yummy!
Oh my goodness, these are the BEST!!! I made them for a work function and everyone raved about them! And they are so easy and fun to make! I did have to use mini M&Ms though instead of Reese’s pieces (couldn’t fine them) but they still tasted great with lots of peanut butter flavor. Thank you!!!