Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers are made with just 3 ingredients! You’ll love these salty, spicy crackers as a snacking alternative to the usual chips or pretzels.
Taco seasoning isn’t just for tacos! We use it to add instant flavor to so many recipes, including today’s snack crackers.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
What makes mine different than many version out there is I don’t bake them.
- This taco flavored snack is crazy easy. Just make sure you’ve got some brown paper bags on hand absorb the excess oil.
- Perfect party snack. Munch of these crackers at your next gathering or during family movie night.
- Eat them on the go. These seasoned oyster crackers travel well making them a great snack for the car, school or work.
You only need three ingredients to make this Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers recipe.
- Oyster crackers. You will need two of the big 14 ounce bags.
- Taco Seasoning. I use my homemade spice mix, but feel free to use store bought if you prefer.
- Vegetable oil. Coating the crackers with oil helps all that good seasoning mix stick!
Tips and Tricks
- Use two paper bags. Place one insider of the other before adding the ingredients. The bags help absorb excess oil.
- Shake. Shake the bag well to make sure the oyster crackers become evenly coated with spices.
- Dry. Let the crackers sit in the bag for a couple of hours. This gives the oil time to sink down to the bottom of the bag effectively “drying” the coated crackers.
- Place over a sink. I put the bag with the crackers in a clean dry sink to let the crackers dry out. That way my counters don’t get oily.
I usually let the bag with the spiced crackers sit for about two hours, shaking the bag every so often. Then I pour the crackers into
my mouth a zip log bag to keep them fresh longer!
I do not bake these crackers. Instead, they are mixed with spices in a paper bag to absorb the excess grease.
These Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers will keep well for about 1 week if stored tightly sealed.
This recipe calls for a ½ cup of taco seasoning. That equals about to 2-3 packets of store bought, depending on the brand.
More Snack Recipes
Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 2 bags oyster crackers about 14 ounce each
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup taco seasoning
- Place one brown paper grocery bag inside another so that you have a double lined paper bag. Pour oyster crackers into bag. Drizzle with oil and add taco seasoning.
- Shake bag vigorously so that everything gets coated. Allow to sit for about two hours, until bag absorbs excess oil (give a shake once or twice during this time to help distribute and coat the crackers).
- Once dried, pour into a gallon sized ziploc bag and store for up to one week.
- I place my bag in the sink so the oil that seeps through doesn't get on my counters.
- Use our homemade taco seasoning. Today's recipe will take about 2 or 3 packets of store bought.
Shake up your snacking routine with these no-bake Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers! You won’t be able to eat just one handful.