Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers
Seriously guys, 3 ingredients and no oven needed. This Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers recipe is a great alternative to chips and pretzels!
What makes mine different than many version out there is I don’t bake them. I mean, I guess you could, but why? Haha!!
Seriously, it’s easy as pie. Well, I don’t know why that’s actually a saying though, because unless you’re talking about a no bake pie with a pre-bought pie crust, I wouldn’t say pie is easy. Neither are Sunday mornings…with children.
This taco flavored snack is crazy easy. Just make sure you’ve got some brown paper bags. I made a quick video to show you just how simple this is to make!
The paper bag absorbs the extra oil, be sure to give it a shake a few times while “drying.” I usually let it sit for about two hours, then I pour it into
my mouth a ziploc bag to keep it fresh longer! ENJOY!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 bags oyster crackers (about 14 oz each)
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning (you can make your own here)
- Place one brown paper grocery bag inside another so that you have a double lined paper bag. Pour oyster crackers into bag. Drizzle with canola oil and add taco seasoning.
- Shake bag vigorously so that everything gets coated. Allow to sit for about two hours, until bag absorbs excess oil (give a shake once or twice during this time to help distribute and coat the crackers).
- Once dried, pour into a gallon sized ziploc bag and store for up to one week. ENJOY.
*I place my bag in the sink so the oil that seeps through doesn't get on my counters.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**