Everyone is talking about the TikTok Tortilla Dessert Wrap. This viral trend is an easy hack for making a layered tortilla dessert in no time. Filled with marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, nutella, berries, Oreos and more!
Table of Contents
Tik Tok Tortilla Hack
When I first saw this tortilla dessert wrap, I had only one thought: I must try this immediately!
What is the Tik Tok Tortilla hack?
The basic concept is this: Cover each of the four quadrants of a flour tortilla with various spreads and toppings. Then, fold the tortilla up to make layers.
The original version included chicken and other savory wrap fillings. Now, we’re giving that tortilla hack the dessert treatment with chocolate spread and peanut butter.
Heat the tortilla in a frying pan until golden brown and dig in! The result is layers upon layers of decadent, sweet melty goodness.
Once you learn how to make the Tik Tok Tortilla Dessert Wrap you can have fun customizing it with all your favorite fillings.
Here’s what I used for my tortilla dessert wrap.
- Bananas and strawberries. Sliced thin.
- Oreo Cookies. Chop them into bite size pieces.
- Peanut butter.
- Marshmallow fluff.
- Cookie butter. Also known as speculoos or biscoff spread.
First, make one slice across the center of your tortilla. To do this, take a sharp knife and make a slit from one edge to the center only. Now envision your tortilla as four quadrants (see photo above).
- Spread peanut butter in one quadrant. Top the peanut butter with banana slices.
- Spread nutella in another quadrant and top with strawberries.
- Cover the third quadrant with cookie butter and Oreos.
- In the final section, you’ll add the marshmallow fluff. Fold the quadrant with the fluff directly up. Then fold to the right and down again to form the wrap.
Heat the wrap in a frying pan on low eat on both sides until golden brown. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Dust the tiktok dessert wrap with powdered sugar for a pretty finishing touch!
- Make sure to cook the wrap on low heat. This gives the internal layers a chance to get soft and melty while the tortilla browns.
- Feel free to mix up the recipe with different nut butters or dessert spreads. Just do not place any extra toppings over the marshmallow fluff. You don’t want anything to get in the way of the sticky marshmallow that holds the wrap together.
- It’s easy to double or triple (or quadruple) the recipe to feed as many people as you need.
- This would be a fun one to make with the family, letting every kid customize their own toppings!
Yes, you can also heat this wrap in the toaster oven to melt the layers. I would use a low to medium heat setting and toast for several minutes until golden brown.
Yes, other sliced fruit would be delicious! Just make sure the flavors go together. Raspberries are also a tasty substitute for the strawberries.
I wouldn’t use corn tortillas. Corn tortillas tend to be more fragile with a bolder flavor. Stick with flour for this recipe!
If the center layers of your wrap aren’t getting soft and melting, you may be cooking it on too high of a heat setting. I find cooking the wrap for longer at a lower temperature yields best results.
Gooey layers of chocolate, peanut butter and cookie butter make this version of a TikTok Tortilla Dessert Wrap incredible!
A decadent and over-the-top dessert that’s ready to eat in minutes? Yes, please!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
TikTok Tortilla Dessert Wrap Hack Recipe
- 1 10- inch flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons cookie butter
- ⅓ banana sliced thin
- 2 strawberries sliced thin
- 3 Oreos chopped
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice the tortilla halfway once, with the cut facing towards you.
- In the bottom left quadrant, spread the marshmallow fluff evenly. Feel free to toast it with a kitchen torch if you have one.
- In the top left quadrant, spread the peanut butter and top with sliced bananas.
- In the top right quadrant, spread the Nutella and top with sliced strawberries.
- In the bottom right quadrant, spread the cookie butter and top with the chopped Oreos.
- Once all toppings are on the tortilla, take the bottom left quadrant (fluff) and fold directly up. Take that layer of tortilla and fold to the right once, to make a third layer. Fold the tortilla downward, creating your wrap.
- Place the wrap in a nonstick frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat until the tortilla is golden brown, then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Dust with powdered sugar or leave plain.
- You want to cook over low heat so the internal layers have a chance to warm up and get melty.
- Feel free to play around with the layers and toppings, however, it’s important that the quadrant with the fluff doesn’t have any extras on it so you can ensure a good stick between the layers.
- Easily double, triple, etc this recipe depending on how many wraps you want to make!
- Can you use corn tortillas for the TikTok tortilla hack? I wouldn’t use corn tortillas. Corn tortillas tend to be more fragile with a bolder flavor. Stick with flour for this recipe!