Lemon Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 19, 2013

A gorgeous Lemon Tart with a buttery, rich Macadamia Nut Crust. Decorate the top of this pretty tart with some homemade Whipped Cream. Don’t forget to make your own Lemon Curd!

Lemon Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust: shortbread macadamia nut crust topped with homemade lemon curd and whipped cream #lemontart #dessert www.shugarysweets.com

THISSSSSSSS.

This is what I had in mind when I made homemade lemon curd. The crust is so irresistable. If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen this crust. All broken and nibbled on. My first attempt at making the crust I removed it from my tart pan too early. And if fell apart. But it didn’t go to waste. We nibbled on that tart crust all day long. Okay, *I* nibbled on it. It tastes like a delicious macadamia shortbread cookie.

So after making it again, I filled it with my batch of homemade lemon curd. Which if you remember me saying yesterday is so EASY to make! Like, seriously people. I don’t mind if you buy Oreos. Chip’s Ahoy. Cherry Pie Filling. But PLEASE, make your own lemon curd. You can do it in 10 minutes! I wish I had known how easy it was to make. AND oh how delicious it is to eat!

Anyways…back to the tart. I certainly couldn’t serve up this delicious homemade lemon tart with store bought whipped cream, so I made a quick batch of that too!

Of course, like everything I do, I tend to make more than I need of things. This whipped cream made a little bit too much. I could have put flowers all of the tart, but I wanted to showcase the lemon, not the cream. So here’s what I do when I make too much whipped cream. Take your leftover cream and spread it on a baking sheet (with a 1 inch rim). It’s okay if it doesn’t go all the way to the end, just try to keep it about 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Then using a small cookie cutter, cut shapes out of your whipped cream and put it into a ziploc bag. Now you have cute little whipped cream shapes to top your next cup of cocoa! (Here’s a picture and recipe of some peppermint whipped cream hearts I made a couple years ago).

So there you have it. Homemade Lemon Curd. Delicious Macadamia Cookie Crust. Whipped Cream. What are you waiting for? Go make this!!

Love this recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following me on Pinterest:

Cheesecake Heaven

Copycat Recipes

Rice Krispie Treat Addiction

Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

This tart reminds me of another favorite tart recipe of mine. Peanut Butter Nutella Pretzel Tart…no words necessary!

Peanut Butter Nutella Pretzel Tart from www.shugarysweets.com

Lemon Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust

Lemon Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust

For the Crust:
  • 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 7 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • For the filling:
  • 2 cup lemon curd
  • For the Whipped Cream:
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/3 cup vanilla sugar (or granulated sugar, if desired)

1. In a food processor, pulse brown sugar, nuts and granulated sugar until finely crushed. Add flour and salt and pulse to combine. Add butter, one tablespoon at a time. Should form a sticky dough.
  2. Press dough into bottom of a 9inch tart pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
  3. When cooled, fill tart with lemon curd.
  4. For the whipped cream, beat heave cream with vanilla sugar on high for 2-3 minutes until soft peaks form. Pipe onto tart. ENJOY.

Linked To: Lil Luna  What’s Cookin I’m Lovin It

crystal February 19, 2013 at 6:48 pm

The macadamia crust sounds amazing! I didn’t realize how easy lemon curd is to make. I have all four of those ingredients! Thanks for the recipe, Aimee. :)
crystal recently posted..Mint Brownie Ice Cream Push Up PopsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 19, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Totally easy Crystal. And delicious!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Lemon Tart with Macadamia Nut CrustMy Profile

Ari @ Ari's Menu February 19, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I love that macadamia crust, and the whipped cream shape trick! I’ve never made shapes from whipped cream–so clever! :)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Take 5 Cookies {HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LISA!!!!!}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 19, 2013 at 7:42 pm

We love homemade whipped cream in our hot cocoa!! A fun treat :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 19, 2013 at 7:19 pm

OMG I MUST make that crust. MUST. And the tart is so pretty Aimee! I’m seriously crushing on this tart.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Chocolate Mint Poke CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 19, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Haha, I knew you’d love the crust. AND the lemon!! Wish I could have made this for you for REAL!

Trish - Mom On Timeout February 19, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Oh man! You had me at lemon curd! And that crust – heavens! Gorgeous!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Simply Divine Cinnamon Swirl BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 6:53 am

Thanks Trish! The crust was definitely a key player in this tart!!

Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry February 19, 2013 at 9:06 pm

You had me at macadamia crust! This tart looks so tropical which is exactly what I need in the middle of winter.
Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry recently posted..Cream BiscuitsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 6:54 am

Haha, I totally need tropical too!

Eva @ Eva Bakes February 19, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Your photos made me drool. For real. I need one of these tarts, stat.
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Salted caramel apple pieMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life February 19, 2013 at 9:53 pm

With the cold weather howling at the door, I need a bright sunshiny dessert to warm me up! Hello tropical tart! I am totally loving that crust with the yummy lemon curd topping!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Banana Bread MuffinsMy Profile

ashley - baker by nature February 19, 2013 at 10:00 pm

What a stunner! And the crust sounds totally tempting on its own.
ashley – baker by nature recently posted..Orange Ginger Chocolate BlondiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 6:55 am

The crust is absolutely addicting. I can’t say it enough!!

Kate February 20, 2013 at 12:29 am

I don’t even like lemon desserts, and I am pretty sure I’m going to make this tomorrow! It’s mouthwatering to look at.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 6:56 am

Don’t like lemon? Oh my it’s one of my favorites. If you prefer orange or lime you can totally substitute those for the lemon.

Marcie@Flavorthemoments February 20, 2013 at 12:55 am

Holy heaven, that looks sunny, fresh, and delicious! Your photos are gorgeous – I just love the whipped cream on that beautiful, yellow lemon curd. I agree, homemade lemon curd is a must and its easy! Thx for the leftover whipped cream tip. I always make too much, and my kids will sure love shaped whipped cream!
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..Baby Kale Salad with Bacon and Dried CranberriesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 6:57 am

You’re welcome Marcie. Aside from eating the whipped cream to get rid of it, the freezing trick is what we do!!

Medeja February 20, 2013 at 2:28 am

Looks so nice and bright!
Medeja recently posted..Marinuoti Saliero Stiebai/ Pickled CeleryMy Profile

tanya February 20, 2013 at 7:46 am

Nicely done Aimee!! I’m off to buy some lemons!

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies February 20, 2013 at 8:30 am

Yesssssss I knew when I saw the lemon curd recipe you were making it for some other tasty purpose. This looks amazing!
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted..Oatmeal Banana PancakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Thanks Kelly. Although to be honest, I could have just eaten that lemon curd straight from the jar!

Robyn | Add a Pinch February 20, 2013 at 9:23 am

I am in love with these photos, Aimee! Absolutely gorgeous!
Robyn | Add a Pinch recently posted..BBQ Chicken Legs RecipeMy Profile

Ashley February 20, 2013 at 9:56 am

Oh my gosh I need to make that crust! We had a tart with macadamia nuts and caramel when we were on vacation a few years ago… it was sooo good. I’ve been meaning to try to re-create it at home forever!
Ashley recently posted..Mushroom, Spinach and Kale CalzonesMy Profile

Nancy P. @thebittersideofsweet February 20, 2013 at 10:26 am

This looks gorgeous and so yummy!
Nancy P. @thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Strawberry Chocolate Rice Crispy TreatsMy Profile

sally @ sallys baking addiction February 20, 2013 at 11:00 am

I knew you had something fabulous up your sleeve when I saw the lemon curd recipe yesterday. I am especially in love with this macadamia nut crust Aimee!
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..skinny chocolate peanut butter swirl cupcakes.My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Thanks Sally, the crust is to die for!!!

Cozinhar sem Lactose February 20, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Excellent suggestion! Thank you!
Cozinhar sem Lactose recently posted..Pão de soja com azeiteMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain February 20, 2013 at 1:26 pm

As if I wasn’t excited enough about the homemade lemon curd, then you throw this crazy awesome tart at me?! Sigh – Aimee if you keep this up my blog is just going to turn into “all i want to eat is shugary sweets” lol ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Chocolate Dipped Potato Chip CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 1:46 pm

LOL Jess!! I feel that way reading other blogs too :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious February 20, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Amazing! I could use a slice (or two) right now! And that crust – to die for!
Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious recently posted..Shrimp DumplingsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 20, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Thanks Chung-Ah!!!

Kate February 20, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Actually I love lemon, but as I kid I remember having some lemon bars which were terrible, and then again the first time I met my mother in law she made some boxed lemon bars for dessert, so of course I had to eat one – blech!!! Ever since, I’ve steered clear of lemon desserts. Until now! I’ve got my ingredients ready to go!

Julie @ Table for Two February 20, 2013 at 8:02 pm

macadamia nut crust?! you SLAY me. if i made this, it’d probably be one of the best pies/tarts ever!! omg, this looks and SOUNDS amazing!
Julie @ Table for Two recently posted..Turkey, Kale, Onion, & Sundried Tomato FrittataMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 21, 2013 at 7:47 am

Awww thanks Julie!! If you love lemon curd, and macadamia nuts then you need this in your life.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction February 21, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Love macadamia cookies, great idea to use it as a crust!! It sounds fantastic!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Easy French BaguettesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 22, 2013 at 7:40 am

Thanks Jessica!!

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork February 21, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I love anything lemon… and homemade lemon curd, OMG! Love it!!
Meghan @ The Tasty Fork recently posted..Blue Cheese Burgers with Steak Sauce Tomatoes & OnionsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 22, 2013 at 7:40 am

Thanks Meghan!! Homemade lemon curd is just so delicious. I’m a big fan now!

Endang February 27, 2013 at 8:34 am

Hello, can I use other type of nuts instead macadamia? Its very difficult to find it in Indonesia. Btw, its very very pretty tart and looks taste delicious also. I want to try it. Thanks for the great recipe and idea.
Endang recently posted..Shepherd’s Pie a la Gordon RamsayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 27, 2013 at 9:42 am

You sure can. Almonds would be delicious!! Or almond/pecan mix would be great too! ENJOY!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Slow Cooker Sausage and PeppersMy Profile

No to Gluten March 12, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Thanks for the inspiration to make my own lemon curd. I need a good spring dessert for Easter dinner that I’m hosting.

Any thoughts on whether or not this crust would work with gluten free flour?

Donna May 3, 2013 at 7:28 am

LEMON LUSCIOUSNESS….PERFECTED!….

I absolutely adore this pairing (with macadamias/lemon)…Alas…ONE…I recently had a nut allergy testing and the only one to stay clear of’!…You guessed it…MACADAMIAS!…and TWO…Here in France they are virtually impossible to come by….

Question…could I possibly use pistachios here without damaging the integrity of your gorgeous offering?….Thanks so much for any insight!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 3, 2013 at 8:45 am

You can certainly try pistachios. That actually sounds quite lovely!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Coffee Time with Shugary SweetsMy Profile