Strawberry Pie Bars
Why not make a pan of these easy Strawberry Pie Bars! From the delicious crust to the cream cheese glaze these are a crowd pleaser!
I may have mentioned it once or twice, but I am NOT good at making pie crust. For whatever reason, I think I just don’t have the patience.
Today’s recipe is for pie bars. You may remember these Peach Pie Bars I made last fall. They were delicious! The cinnamon glaze on top was perfect.
The only problem with that recipe, is unless you are serving a large crowd, it makes a LOT of pie bars! Perfect for a potluck. Yes! For someone who is trying to watch what she eats? Nope. Not so much. It’s so good I can’t keep my fork off of it!
These Strawberry Pie bars though are another story. I made them in a 13×9 baking dish. The perfect size for my family of 6. I topped them with a cream cheese glaze.
We ate some for breakfast. Then again a slice for dessert! Done.
If you prefer to make your own strawberry filling, that’s totally cool!! ENJOY!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
Don’t miss a single recipe!
Strawberry Pie Bars
Yield: 12-16 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
For the Batter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (21oz) Strawberry Pie Filling
For the Glaze:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add in flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Spread batter into a 13x9 baking dish. Top with strawberry pie filling.
- Bake pie bars in a 350 degree oven for about 28-32 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool before adding the glaze.
- For the glaze, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Spoon into a ziploc bag and cut off the tip. Pipe lines of glaze onto cooled bars. Serve warm or refrigerate and enjoy cold.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Strawberry Pie Filling is not only perfect in these bars, but also on puff pastry. Try making your own toaster struedels for breakfast!!
These Orange and Strawberry Steusel Bars are easy to make, and perfect when you want to enjoy a sweet pastry!
Other great “PIE” desserts….
No Bake Apple Pie Cheesecakes: so creamy and delicious!!
More recipes from some of my favorite blogs…
Strawberry Cream Pie from Chef in Training
Strawberry Hand Pies from It Bakes Me Happy
Mini Strawberry Pies from Inside BruCrew Life
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**