These easy heart shaped Strawberry Glazed Hand Pies are the perfect dessert. And in 30 minutes, you’ll have one of these baked treats in your hands!
These Strawberry Hand Pies are the perfect dessert. And in about 30 minutes, you’ll have one of these delicious baked treats in your hands! Great for Valentine's Day too!
- 2 boxes (14.1 ounce each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (21 ounce) strawberry pie filling
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Dump pie filling in a shallow bowl and dice strawberries using a fork and knife (you want them to be small pieces). Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle. Or you can use a Wilton Heart Shaped cookie cutter!
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop strawberry pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting. If using heart shaped cutter, scoop filling onto center of one heart and place the second heart over the top. Pinch edges and press with tines of a fork. Poke the hand pie once with a fork, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and drop (while warm) into glaze, coating it completely. I use two forks to flip it in the glaze and remove carefully. Return to parchment paper and allow to set (about 5 minutes). ENJOY!
- To keep the hand pies from popping open, dip your fingertip in water, wipe the edges of the hand pie before folding closed. This helps the hand pie seal closed.
Serving Size:1 hand pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram