Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

by aimee @ shugarysweets on November 27, 2013

Crunchy Biscotti with Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate. I love keeping some biscotti on hand during the holiday season!

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti recipe is easy to make and perfect for holidays!

How are you all with a sense of humor? Apparently some of my readers had a hard time with a cartoon I posted on facebook. Here’s the photo:

bigbird

I found it funny, personally. I didn’t expect so many negative comments. But the best is the dozen emails/messages I received in private telling me how “sick I am” and how “anti Thanksgiving I must be.”

Ummm, PEOPLE. It’s a cartoon picture depicting CARTOON characters at dinner. They are puppets who can’t even eat. And I didn’t EAT Big Bird. He’s a cartoon character so that would be impossible.

But if he were real, imagine how many people he could feed.

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti recipe is easy to make and perfect for holidays!

So, this really has nothing to do with today’s recipe, except for the fact that I am sharing a non Thanksgiving recipe today. I mean, you are more than welcome to make this biscotti and enjoy it with your coffee on Thanksgiving morning, but it’s not mashed potatoes or turkey.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I am anti-Thanksgiving. Or anti-Big Bird for that matter. Although I am more of an Elmo fan. And Oscar the Grouch. But I would never eat them. Cause they are cartoon characters.

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti recipe is easy to make and perfect for holidays!

Okay, so let’s chat one more time about Biscotti. I love cranberry and white chocolate together! I think they are a perfect pair.

Like peanut butter and jelly

…macaroni and cheese

…Big Bird and Snuffleupagus (sorry, had to go there).

I added in some chopped pistachios too. They add not only to the flavor of this biscotti, but I love the red/green color of the craisins and pistachios! Perfect for the holiday season!

And trust me when I say biscotti is easy to make. I don’t lie (I really did not EAT or never plan to EAT big bird).

It also keeps really well in an airtight ziploc bag too, so you can enjoy one every morning! You’re welcome!

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti recipe is easy to make and perfect for holidays!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

Yield: 12 large biscotti

Delicious, festive Cranberry and Pistachio biscotti dipped in Vanilla candy coating! Perfect for holidays.

• 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
  • 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
  • 8 oz white chocolate candy coating (vanilla Candiquik), melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add flour and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly blended. Fold in cranberries and pistachios.
  3. On prepared baking sheet, shape dough into a 12 inch by 5 inch rectangle, that is about 1/2 inch thick. I use a little extra flour on my hands to keep the dough from sticking.
  4. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Using a pizza cutter or serrated knife, slice biscotti into 12, one inch wide slices. Lay each slice on it's side, separating them on the baking sheet. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Flip biscotti to opposite side and bake another 10minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
  5. To garnish, dip bottom of cooled biscotti into melted vanilla candy coating. Set on parchment paper (candy coating side DOWN) and allow to dry/set. Once set (about 15 minutes) store in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to two weeks. ENJOY!

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti recipe is easy to make and perfect for holidays!

We love Craisins! Here are a few of our favorite recipes….

cranberry-white chocolate-cookies

Cranberry and White chocolate cookies. These are the bomb!

cranberry orange biscotti

Cranberry Orange Biscotti

Not only do we love Craisins, but we LOVE Biscotti. It’s such an easy thing to create and keep on hand for breakfast! Especially perfect for holiday guests and gift giving!

Carmel Macchiato Biscotti

My favorite coffee house flavor is now my favorite biscotti: Caramel Macchiato

Check out my Breakfast Table Goodies Pinterest Board for more delicious ideas!

Abbie November 27, 2013 at 10:16 am

I love making homemade biscotti! These look so fabulous. Dipping them in white chocolate sounds so awesome.
Pinning!
Abbie recently posted..chocolate frosted bakery-style buttermilk doughnuts with rainbow sprinkles (gluten-free)My Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet November 27, 2013 at 10:29 am

Your biscotti always look so delicious! And I thought the picture was hilarious!! But there are people who feel strongly about their cartoon characters!! Hee hee ;)
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Sea Foam SaladMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life November 27, 2013 at 11:06 am

I guess some of us can’t give up childhood friends?!?! Oh well, this biscotti should clear it all up – who wouldn’t love this? For starters, your photos are beautiful and let the cranberries shine. Second, cranberry+pistachio+ white chocolate sounds incredible! I will have to try that flavor combo this week. I had forgotten about biscotti (isn’t that horrible; too obsessed with pumpkin:) but I can’t wait to make this as gifts now! Thank for sharing Ms. Aimee!

Ashley November 27, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Oooh oooh! I love cranberries and white chocolate. They are a perfect pair. I really could have had one of these bad boys with my coffee this morning! And what I love is that these would make a perfect gift. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Ashley recently posted..Orange Pumpkin Holiday CakeMy Profile

lesley November 27, 2013 at 4:18 pm

thanks for some fabulous recipes and the cartoon is hilarious, I’m sure even big bird would laugh

Monique November 27, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I laughed so hard at that cartoon that coffee came out my nose. Top stuff.
Monique recently posted..Blackberry Lemon Breakfast JarsMy Profile

Julie November 27, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I thought your Big Bird cartoon was awesome…..cute and funny…. :) lighten up people..lol

Ty November 27, 2013 at 6:40 pm

“But if he were real, imagine how many people he could feed.”

Excellent.

Lori November 30, 2014 at 5:57 pm

The biscotti turned out excellent!! Just finished making 4 batches and thought that would be enough to give away for Christmas goodies….HA! If I can keep my husband out of them, I MIGHT have some leftover. Oh well, he’s a great tester! I’ll be making another 4 batches this week for friends. Thankfully, I have a nut farm with fresh pistachios near by. Thanks for another great recipe!

Julia @cookandburn November 27, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Seems strange to me that some would have been offended by that cartoon–I thought it was hilarious. I do tend to have a more morbid sense of humor but it’s clearly a joke.
Anyway, I’m going to have to try the biscotti recipe except I almost always use fresh cranberries instead of dried–I just love the tartness.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Julia @cookandburn recently posted..What’s on the Menu: ThanksgivingMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent November 27, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Ok I’m chuckling…. At least you got a reaction :) Have a good thanksgiving tomorrow….
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Turkey Alfredo PizzaMy Profile

tahnycooks November 27, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I first saw that pic on your Instagram and laughed out loud!!

I will have to try this biscotti for my mother she loves the stuff! Great combo of flavors too!
tahnycooks recently posted..Sweet Potato Soufflé with Brown Sugar CrumblesMy Profile

Margie L November 28, 2013 at 12:49 am

Oh my gosh. Hillarious cartoon – my husband and I needed that laugh! (So what size turkey fryer would you need?) :-p
Am going to try the biscotti… never made it before, wish me luck! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

David @ Spiced November 28, 2013 at 8:30 am

“But if he were real, imagine how many people he could feed.” Love this line! You totally just made my morning with that. :-)
David @ Spiced recently posted..Apple Cranberry PieMy Profile

Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life November 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Love the combination and of course I am drooling over your photos!
Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life recently posted..Cranberry Mini Monkey BreadMy Profile

Carla November 29, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Ha you anti-Thanksgiving person you. Better pass me a tray of these so I can forgive you ;)
Carla recently posted..Peanut Butter Molasses CookiesMy Profile

Kathy h November 30, 2013 at 11:35 am

I love Sesame Street as much as the other person, this was absolutely hilarious. If they can’t see it for what it is, a cartoon, then that’s their problem.

Jennifer November 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Love the recipe and that cartoon was soooo funny!! I guess I must be anti-thanksgiving as well being a vegan!! People are so stupid sometimes!! Happy Holidays!

Jelli November 30, 2013 at 11:24 pm

This biscotti looks amazing, Aimee! I love dunking crunchy cookies into my coffee, and though I’ve only ever made 2 kinds of biscotti, this one’s sure to enter the mix soon. I love cranberry white chocolate scones…another perfect coffee pairing, if you ask me :) Thank you so much for sharing!
Jelli recently posted..8 Ways to Make Your Site Pinterest-FriendlyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 1, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Thanks Jelli!!

Trish - Mom On Timeout December 1, 2013 at 9:14 pm

This biscotti looks heavenly Aimee! My sister is the biscotti maker in the family but I may just have to infringe on her turf with this recipe :) Pinned!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Soft and Chewy Chocolate Peppermint CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 3, 2013 at 8:00 am

Thanks for pinning Trish!! I think you need to show her there is a new biscotti baker in town, YOU!

Renee@ Two in the Kitchen December 1, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Oh my gosh, that cartoon is hilarious!! Just remember Aimee, there are many people out there who just want to complain about anything!

Now there is certainly nothing to complain about where your biscotti is concerned! That NEEDS to be on my breakfast table and in my mouth!!
Renee@ Two in the Kitchen recently posted..Salted Caramel Brownie Shortbread BarsMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain December 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm

People are so weird sometimes; or they just want to be angry at something. Blegh. I thought it was amusing and I LOVE the look of these biscotti! My mom would love a batch of these around Christmas. :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..White Chocolate Peppermint FudgeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 3, 2013 at 7:37 am

I think you need to make your mom a batch of this biscotti for the holidays. As a mom, I would love it if my kids baked for me (as long as they cleaned up after themselves, Hahaha)!

Nutmeg Nanny December 3, 2013 at 2:02 pm

How do people survive in this world that are offended by a drawing…. oh my. Anyway though this biscotti looks perfect :) love pistachios!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Cheese Balls Three WaysMy Profile

Lynette S. December 4, 2013 at 10:31 am

Lighten up people! It was funny! It’s a cartoon!
Recipe looks yummy!

Cheri December 19, 2013 at 1:16 am

Good Grief! I wish that’s all I had to get bent out of shape about. I have had that cartoon for years and put it on my Fridge every Thanksgiving, it’s a hoot!

Anyway, going to make your biscotti recipe for a special friend and have a Christmas Tea.
Happy Christmas!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 19, 2013 at 7:42 am

Glad others are finding the humor in it :) ENJOY the biscotti, I’m sure your friend will love it!

Hope December 30, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Loved, loved, loved these biscotti! I made them and gave them as gifts to my neighbors. They loved them so much, they asked me to bake more so they can give them as gifts! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 30, 2013 at 9:16 pm

So glad to hear it Hope! It’s a keeper for sure! Happy New Year!

Erin December 3, 2014 at 3:45 pm

i am so not ashamed, I didn’t even wait for the white chocolate to harden. These are sooooooo good! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Jessica December 16, 2014 at 9:55 am

I have to say that your cartoon was pretty funny. It made me smile on a gloomy day. Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to bake them today!