French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 18, 2014

Making homemade coffee creamer is a cinch! Especially when it comes to French Vanilla. Oh, and I made this recipe Fat Free!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, made at home using only 3 ingredients!

So you all know I’m completely addicted to coffee. But did you know I also have a coffee creamer addiction?

No joke. I’m the one that heads to the grocery store for milk and coffee creamer. We run out of creamer as often as we run out of milk!

And I’m not picky when it comes to my creamer. I’ll buy whatever is on sale. I’ll buy any flavor (at least once)!

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, made at home using only 3 ingredients!

But, while I may have three different flavors creamer on hand at any one time, French Vanilla coffee creamer is always in my fridge.

It’s my “stand by” creamer. It goes with all flavors of coffee. It satisfies that crazy sweet tooth of mine. It’s the jelly to my peanut butter. Too far?

Anyways, last year I shared my favorite homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer. And it occurred to me, why haven’t I shared the easiest flavor, French Vanilla?

Seriously, three ingredients. Done. And by using fat free sweetened condensed milk with fat free milk…you got it, you now have Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee Creamer.

Actually, I’m not sure what makes this “french.” I get the vanilla part. But why is it called french vanilla? I’m not quite sure. I suppose I could google it for all of you, but you all probably don’t care either!

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, made at home using only 3 ingredients!

Back to the creamer. I like to store mine in quart size mason jars. Perfect for keeping in the fridge. You do need to stir or shake this creamer before each use, as the sugary milk sinks to the bottom (which makes a mason jar all that more useful)! I found some cute chalkboard label stickers at Target and use them on my jars. If company comes over, pouring into a cute pitchers is simple! This also makes a great gift idea for that coffee addict friend or hostess. Maybe with a cute mug and specialty bag of coffee (do you need my address??).

ENJOY!

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, made at home using only 3 ingredients!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

Delicious, French Vanilla Coffee Creamer made at home using three ingredients.

• 1 can (14oz) Fat Free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cup fat free milk (skim)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Combine all three ingredients in a large mason jar (quart size). Add lid and shake vigorously. Use within one week. ENJOY.

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, made at home using only 3 ingredients!

Here is another favorite coffee creamer recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Coffee Creamer

chocolate-chip-cookie-coffee-creamer-3

Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake is great to serve with your hot cup of coffee!

chocolate-chip-coffee-cake-1

Of course, this Cream Cheese Coffee Cake would be delicious too!

cream-cheese-coffee-cake-1-685x1024

Great Coffee recipes from my favorite blogs:

Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!!

Visit Shugary Sweets’s profile on Pinterest.

Averie @ Averie Cooks February 18, 2014 at 7:14 am

Ive seen other DIY versions of vanilla creamer but yours is the easiest and love that you kept it fat free too! pinned!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Soft and Chewy Triple Peanut Butter CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 7:59 am

Thanks Averie, I admit to buying more than I make. But this is always my go-to version. Especially love it when my grocery store has sweetened condensed milk 10 for $10! I go a bit crazy :)

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness February 18, 2014 at 8:32 am

Oh this is such a great idea to make your own creamer and keep it fat free!
I love the taste of the creamers, but I don’t like that I can’t understand all the ingredients. Love this!
Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted..Coconut Cumin Roasted Carrots {Gluten Free + Low Fat}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:21 pm

So true about so many foods!! Homemade creamer is so easy!

Jennie @themessybakerblog February 18, 2014 at 8:53 am

I just recently tried my hand at homemade coffee creamer. The result was delicious. Love this recipe! Pinned.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Thanks for pinning Jennie! It’s so surprisingly easy!

jann jones February 18, 2014 at 9:05 am

How about a sugar free version, for those who like the stuff that way? My apt. manager yes a lot of creamer, always sugar free.. Yuck, Imo.. Love this as is! And i, too, am a creameraholic…

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Hi Jann,
I don’t do much sugar free, only because I hate using artificial sweeteners. I suppose you can try using heavy cream with truvia (stevia) to sweeten.

Erin | The Law Student's Wife February 18, 2014 at 9:19 am

Vanilla is the classic, and way to make this fat free! I have no idea why coffee creamer would be called French vanilla (sounds fancy?) In ice cream, I think it means there are egg yolks in the custard (french style?). Or I am making all of this up and the next person will correct me ;-)
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..Braised Short Rib Pasta with Horseradish Cream SauceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Ooohhh, you may be onto something! french, custard..yes!

Ashton February 18, 2014 at 9:41 am

This has been on my pinterest bucket list forever!!!! I LOVE how simple this recipe is and so versatile! Love it :)
Ashton recently posted..Grandma’s Red Velvet CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Thanks Ashton!! Glad to hear others have those bucket lists :)

Natasha February 18, 2014 at 10:30 am

“French Vanilla” is actually a flavor combination of vanilla + hazelnut. So if you order a French vanilla latte at a coffee shop, you’re getting a mix of those flavors (I’m a former barista.) Although, I think in reference to other foods/beverages the “French” part is just used to make it sound better. :)

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Oooh, that’s interesting Natasha! Hazelnut creamer should be next on my list….

DessertForTwo February 18, 2014 at 10:49 am

So simple, so good! This would be awesome as part of a brunch spread!
DessertForTwo recently posted..Comment on Sweet Tea Oven-Fried Chicken by KarlyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Lots of fun to serve a few different flavors for brunch!

Kathy February 18, 2014 at 11:02 am

Wow! I had no idea it was so easy to make creamer at home! Pinning!
Kathy recently posted..Plum KuchenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Thanks for pinning Kathy!

marcie February 18, 2014 at 11:22 am

I love the idea of making a flavored coffee creamer! I never buy the other ones because there’s so many things in them that I can’t pronounce. This looks wonderful!
marcie recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Chocolate ButtercreamMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Thank you Marcie. I feel that way about so many products too!

Stacey February 18, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I am bowing down to you!! Thank you so much for this recipe. I have to have my coffee as I see you do too!! And well creamer goes really fast, so this is great. Of course I am liking that its fat free too which will help with the waist line!!!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Thanks Stacey! Stay tuned…I’ve got more flavors to come!

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon February 18, 2014 at 1:37 pm

This is absolutely perfect! Love the vanilla flavors, and I’m with you-don’t really care why it’s called French Vanilla! Just love that it is tasty! Pinned :)
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Ginger Peach Green Tea SmoothieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Haha thanks for pinning Lisa!!

Kelly February 18, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Wow, this is such a great idea of making your own coffee creamer! I love that you made a fat-free version with only three ingredients – can’t wait to give this a try! Pinning :)
Kelly recently posted..Pineapple Orange Salmon TeriyakiMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Thank you Kelly! It really does taste delicious, and so incredibly easy too, which is bonus!

Kayla February 18, 2014 at 4:52 pm

My Husband and I love lot’s of creamer with our coffee, so this is just perfect! Hat’s off! And on the plus side, it will save us so much money then buying fancy creamer :)

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Especially if you can find a good sale on sweetened condensed milk, STOCK UP!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 18, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I need to make my own more often. I have the same addiction as you!! :)
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I heart you for so many reasons Dorothy :)

Kelly T February 18, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I like my coffee black in the morning but use creamers in the afternoon for a sweet treat. My favorite way to use creamers are in my plain oatmeal in the mornings…so good!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Oh a bet that’s delicious in oatmeal! My kids like creamer in their hot cocoa (as if it’s not sweet enough)!

Shelly February 18, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I love that this is so simple and has no fake stuff!! Do you know how long it lasts in the fridge? :)

aimee @ shugarysweets February 18, 2014 at 7:46 pm

If you’re using milk, go by the expiration of your milk carton. If you decide to make it thicker by using heavy cream (with the sweetened condensed milk), use within 7 days. ENJOY.

Shelly February 18, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Thanks! I’ll make this tomorrow! Love the oatmeal suggestion, too! It might make it taste better, :p

Candace @ Cabot February 19, 2014 at 7:15 am

What a genius idea! I love flavored creamers, but can’t stand how most of them have a really artificial taste.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 19, 2014 at 9:33 pm

That is so true Candace!!

Mary Frances February 19, 2014 at 8:30 am

I don’t normally have creamer with my coffee, but I might start just so I can have the fun of making this! What a great idea! And I hadn’t seen that chocolate chip coffee cake – wow, now that also looks delicious!
Mary Frances recently posted..Double Chocolate Pudding BrowniesMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction February 19, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Love how easy your version is and that you can make it fat-free!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Cinnamon Sugar Bagels {with Whipped Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese}My Profile

Cyndi February 19, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Oooh I didn’t know that coffee creamer could be that easy. I am going to try this for sure! I love my coffee every morning and one glass in the evening. Thanks Amiee!
Cyndi recently posted..Chicken Dumpling SoupMy Profile

AJ Everton February 19, 2014 at 2:58 pm

That’s a lot of sugary sweet goodness. We used to add different flavored creamers to hot chocolate before we drank coffee in college. This looks like a win for coffee or hot chocolate.
Thanks for your post!
AJ Everton recently posted..Holy Coffee!My Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain February 19, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Ok no lie I have to pick up both milk and coffee creamer on my way home from work today because I can never seem to have enough of either in my fridge. This is AWESOME. I can’t wait to make my own creamer at home! :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Bittman’s Buttermilk BiscuitsMy Profile

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen February 19, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I love your coffee cup!!! And I am totally going to make this. How easy and yummy!
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk CookiesMy Profile

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen February 20, 2014 at 1:53 am

What a great idea!! I rarely drink coffee, like ever, but if I do its with tons of creamer. Love how easy it is to make at home!!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..White Chocolate Creme BrûléeMy Profile

Jocelyn@Brucrewlife February 20, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I love how easy this is!! I must get myself moving and make my own already! ;)
Jocelyn@Brucrewlife recently posted..No Bake Nutella S’mores Granola BarsMy Profile

crafty.grandma February 22, 2014 at 7:44 am

MMMMM homemade creamer – I surely can do that!!! BTW – it’s called French vanilla because it has more additives ie eggs and stronger flavor than “plain” vanilla….guess the French have to be different! a better example would be plain vanilla ice cream is not as strong flavoured as French Vanilla ice-cream…thanks for sharing – saw your other recipes and just gained at least 15 lbs. LOL!!!

tara February 22, 2014 at 11:09 am

It’s a great idea but i think a lot of people opt for those creamers because they are dairy free. The home made versions look delicious but if you can’t have dairy you’re still sick buying the store bought varieties ;/

Tonia February 22, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Thank you for this recipe! We use so much creamer that this will be perfect!
Tonia recently posted..Banana Bars with Maple Buttercream FrostingMy Profile

Alli February 22, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Can I just comment on how gorgeous your coffee cup is?? I honestly think at least 25% of my enjoyment of my morning coffee comes from pretty mugs/cups haha. If I had one like that it would certainly be part of my regular rotation!

Lisa D February 23, 2014 at 12:35 am

Where did you get that mug?? I’m in love!!

rebekah February 26, 2014 at 2:46 am

Here in Australia land of sunshine and poisonous creatures we have NO COFFEE CREAMER (ahhhh) so thank you! Thank you so much! I hope you post more flavours… like caramel :)Making this tomorrow.

Allicia February 28, 2014 at 10:38 am

just tried the creamer… Delish!! tastes like icecream! Thanks so much for the recipe!

rebekah March 1, 2014 at 1:41 am

Made this. Drinking it right now. Thank you!!! To be honest I tried it without coffee and I was a bit worried but then I put it in my coffee. YUMMO! Yay!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 2, 2014 at 3:08 pm

You’re welcome, glad you enjoy it!! I’ve got a new one on the blog today…Irish Cream :)

Kalyn March 3, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Hi there! Where did you get the white, blue, and green cup that you drink coffee out of? Its extremely cute so I just wanted to know if you could please tell me where you got it? Thanks!

Nutmeg Nanny March 4, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I so prefer making my own creamer, this is a perfect recipe :)
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Salted Caramel Guinness BrowniesMy Profile

Sara March 5, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Oh my, I’m drooling…where did you get the sweet cup pictured here with the french vanilla creamer recipe?

Marsha March 6, 2014 at 5:57 pm

The “French” part in “French Vanilla” is hazelnut. You’ve made Vanilla creamer, not French Vanilla creamer.

Marsha March 6, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I just reread my comment and I sound like a negative internet person and I didn’t mean to. I’m really excited to try the vanilla coffee creamer! Thank you for the recipe!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Oh my gosh, not negative at all!! I was truly curious. Of course looking on the ingredients of a bottle of French Vanilla coffee creamer gives you no clue as to the flavors! So thank you :)

Katie March 19, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I made this today and it was really good! I’m trying to cut back calories that I use in my coffee. I currently use coffee mate creamer. Just wondering if the fat free sweetened cond milk is healthy or does that have just as much sugar as the creamer I’m using now?

aimee @ shugarysweets March 21, 2014 at 9:03 am

Yeah, it’s not sugar free, so it is sweetened. Just the fat is gone. Definitely not healthy from a calorie standpoint.

Melinda April 11, 2014 at 10:26 am

I have a quick question. I don’t generally keep the fat free versions of those ingredients in my house. Would it be possible to do the same thing with the “normal” versions? I may have to try this anyway. :)
Melinda recently posted..Cat and Dog TheologyMy Profile

Lisa May 9, 2014 at 5:20 pm

pinned and made this for the hubby as a nice treat while i’m out of town. i hope he luvs it. now, we wait…
THANK YOU FOR THIS!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:27 am

I hope he loves it too!

Jenn June 6, 2014 at 3:14 pm

If you search on the internet for the difference between vanilla and french vanilla, you find that most of the difference is regarding ice cream. For french vanilla ice cream, eggs are added to give it a creamier texture and custard flavor.
To achieve this flavor in a coffee creamer, a small amount of hazelnut is added to give it that custard type flavor. Usually 2 parts vanilla, 1 part hazelnut.

aimee @ shugarysweets June 8, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Good to know, thank you!!!

Ethnic Food June 18, 2014 at 12:14 am

French vanilla coffee creamer is awesome and scrumptious. Nice post
Ethnic Food recently posted..Islas Pili Nuts are now in selected Lucky Supermarket stores in Alberta and ManitobaMy Profile

Elaine June 27, 2014 at 2:15 pm

sweetened condensed milk- milk and powered sugar…

powered sugar- sugar and cornstarch pulverized in food processor…

so if you take milk or cream and add sugar and a bit of vanilla you will have vanilla creamer if you want it thick like the creamer you buy add some corn starch.

Sam July 2, 2014 at 11:45 am

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 3, 2014 at 9:02 am

You are quite welcome! ENJOY!

Stefanie July 18, 2014 at 9:16 am

Thank you so much for sharing this! !! I’m also a creamer addict and it can be so expensive. My favorite Starbucks latte is a French vanilla latte. What makes it “French” is a shot of hazelnut So I made your awesome recipe and added some hazlenut flavoring to French it up a bit more and voila! I can make Starbucks inspired coffee at home for far less! (I used Torani sugar-free hazelnut syrup)

aimee @ shugarysweets July 18, 2014 at 10:39 am

Oh I love those Torani syrups!! Thanks for stopping by :)

Mandy, Barbie Bieber and Beyond August 19, 2014 at 7:47 pm

We don’t really use creamers here in Australia, but I am a sucker for sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, so I am definitely going to give this a try! Pinned :)

Robin August 26, 2014 at 9:34 am

Thanks, can’t wait to try your pumpkin recipe also. My son started drinking coffee and my nephew moved in with us….. this will save money and the chemicals they put in the commercial stuff!

Katy L August 30, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Aimee….do you by any chance have a coffee creamer recipe for Amaretto? This is hubby’s favorite. I tried it in the past using plain coffee creamer and adding Amaretto syrup, but just wasn’t the same. In the mornings he likes hot coffee with Amaretto and at 4pm (on the dot) he wants a cold coffee with French Vanilla.

Thanks for all your posts…AWESOME!!!

Caroline November 13, 2014 at 2:48 am

Love this! I just made it using Almond Milk instead of regular milk and it’s so good. Thank you for posting!

Olivia November 17, 2014 at 8:49 am

What an easy recipe!! My sister in law is coming for Thanksgiving and has to have some creamer in her coffee, so I think I will make her a batch of this! Super fun! :)