Irish Cream Coffee Creamer

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 2, 2014

Making coffee creamer at home is affordable AND delicious! Irish Cream Coffee Creamer is one of my favorites.

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Irish Cream Coffee Creamer: an easy homemade recipe. Chocolate, almond, espresso!

I’ve got a serious coffee addiction. And making coffee creamer at home is one way for me to save money. Plus, I like to know what’s in my creamer. Irish Cream coffee creamer is delicious. It’s chocolate and almond with hints of espresso. Add that to your steaming cup of coffee and you’ve got yourself a perfect cup of joe! When I think of St.Patrick’s Day, Irish Cream always comes to mind. In college, I worked at Bennigan’s (which is an Irish restaurant chain—Americanized, haha). St.Patrick’s Day was a fun time to be working there. Some places deck out their restaurants for Christmas, we decked out for St. Patty’s Day. And I think we sold more Irish Cream Coffees in two weeks than we did all year!

Using Irish Cream coffee creamer (non alcoholic of course) in my coffee brings me back to some of those fun times! I met my husband while we worked together there…so of course those are great memories! I used my favorite French Vanilla Coffee Creamer recipe as a base in creating today’s recipe. One thing you will notice is that I took a cup of the milk and heated it on the saucepan with the cocoa powder and the espresso powder. THIS IS IMPORTANT! By heating and whisking these ingredients together, you won’t be left with any gritty texture. I used this technique when making the Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer too. So, grab some ingredients and make yourself your homemade creamer with your coffee. It will be hard to ever buy store bought again!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Irish Cream Coffee Creamer

Make your own Irish Cream Coffee Creamer at home!

• 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a small saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of the milk with cocoa powder and espresso powder over low heat. Whisk until smooth and no granules remain. Remove from heat.
  2. Combine mixture with remaining milk, condensed milk and extracts in a large mason jar. Shake vigorously until combined. Store in refrigerator, shake before each use.

Notes

**You can substitute fat free condensed milk and use fat free (skim) milk to make this a Fat Free coffee creamer. **I use the "sell by" date on my milk as my expiration date for this creamer. **Substitute heavy cream for the milk to create an ultra creamy version. Use within 7 days.

I use King Arthur Flour Espresso Powder for this coffee creamer recipe. You can also use it in these recipes:

nobakecookies-685x1024

No Bake Chocolate ESPRESSO cookies.

chocolate-espresso-fudge-cookies-2-685x1024

Chocolate Espresso Sandwich cookies

Tiramisutrifle2-685x1024

Easy, Tiramisu Cheesecake Trifle recipe

More Espresso recipes from around the web:

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 2, 2014 at 5:01 pm

She’s at it again :) This version looks just as awesome! Pinned
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Smores Brownie PieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2014 at 10:01 am

Haha, thanks for pinning!

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent March 2, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Looks delicious! I love Irish Cream coffee creamer.. which is evident by my post today :) I’ve never used that espresso powder I may have to check it out.
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Irish Coffee CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2014 at 10:01 am

I love using KAF Espresso Powder!! And I love your cookies :)

jann jones March 2, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Is there a way to make these sugar free? I want to share with some employees of my apartment bldg., and they use sugar free.. Ones hypoglycemic.. I’m diabetic, but I want the real stuff! And I am hooked!! Thanks loads!!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2014 at 9:59 am

Hi Jann,
I’ve never tried making sugar free creamer. Sorry!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet March 2, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I could of SO used this last week when I was making my waffles! Yum!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Chocolate Chip Irish Cream WafflesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2014 at 9:59 am

Haha, sorry a week too late :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 2, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Such a great recipe Aimee!! I need to start making my own coffee creamer. I swear, it’s so expensive!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) March 3, 2014 at 7:50 am

This recipe is so smart! Seriously so genius! Now I need to get up and have coffee!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Creole Pot Pie With Andouille and ChickenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 3, 2014 at 9:52 am

Thanks so much Jocelyn!! ENjoy your coffee.

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen March 4, 2014 at 2:37 am

Working at a British pub Paddy’s is a nuts day for us!! I bet you had some fun times at your Irish restaurant. Is it bad I want this and alcoholic irish cream in my coffee!! LOL Maybe I should just drink irish cream on the rocks!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Guinness Chocolate CookiesMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain March 4, 2014 at 11:07 am

I just bought a bottle of Bailey’s to use in recipes for St. Patty’s day, but I love this coffee creamer to start my mornings with! And saving money on MY coffee addiction sounds absolutely lovely. :)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Coconut Covered, Caramel Stuffed, Chocolate CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I wouldn’t mind starting with some REAL Bailey’s ;)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches My Profile

Kelly - Life made Sweeter March 7, 2014 at 5:03 am

I love that you can make your own coffee creamer at home – that is my totally my favorite part so this is simply genius Aimee! Pinning!
Kelly – Life made Sweeter recently posted..Nutella Swirl PancakesMy Profile

Janel March 12, 2014 at 10:14 am

Aimee – do you have to heat this? You say to mix it in a small saucepan, but do not say to heat? Just want to make sure I do the fix step correctly. Thanks!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 12, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Whoops, just fixed the directions. Yes, heat on low, whisking until smooth.