Halloween Muddy Buddies
Looking for an easy Halloween treat? This Halloween Muddy Buddies recipe is the classic puppy chow recipe with some white chocolate pretzels made into mummies!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to PIN IT for later!
It’s no secret here on the blog that I hate Halloween. And as the years have gone by, it’s gotten easier for me to admit.
I’m not THAT mom. You know the one. The one who can make the most adorable Halloween costumes with her sewing machine (what’s that???). Although I also hate buying those stupid plastic costumes that make girls look like hookers (even if they just want to be a police officer or doctor).
So I’ve had this happy medium for years….homemade costumes with old clothes to make scarecrows, witches, cats, puppies, mice, etc…..
I’m finally at a point where my kids don’t dress up…and when they do, they make their own costumes (can I get a hallelujah?? or an amen??)!!
But, I do still like to put out a few fun treats for us to indulge on each year. In the past I’ve made Monster Sugar Cookies… Monster Fudge…Monster Cookie Dough CheeseBall…see a pattern? I’ve also made Mummy Snickerdoodle Bites and Mummy Cupcakes.
I’m sort of obsessed with these candy eyeballs. So much so, that I had to go to three different stores last week to find a package of them! Looks like everyone else in my town is obsessed with them too (next time I’ll just order them on Amazon)!
Making this easy treat was a breeze (I even made a quick video below to show you how easy it really is). Microwave the chocolate and peanut butter mixture. Pour over the chex cereal. Shake with powdered sugar. BOOM. For the mummies…I used Flipz White Chocolate Pretzels and added candy eyes using a little extra white chocolate. If you can’t find the Flipz (mine are found in the candy aisle) you could also make your own white chocolate covered pretzels…then add the eyeballs. Easy peasy and the kids can help too! Mix it all together in a bowl, and you have a cute Halloween treat that feeds a crowd 🙂
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Halloween Muddy Buddies
Yield: 10 cups muddy buddies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
For the muddy buddies:
- 9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
For the mummies:
- 1 package (5 oz) White Chocolate Flipz (pretzels)
- candy eyes
- 1/4 cup melted white chocolate
- For the muddy buddies, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a large bowl in the microwave for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a very large bowl, add cereal. Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal and mix gently until evenly coated.
- In a large gallon sized ziploc bag, add powdered sugar. Add chocolate covered cereal. Seal and shake until all the cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
- For the mummies, melt white chocolate and using a toothpick, add a dollop of white chocolate to each eyeball. Attach to a white chocolate Flipz pretzel. Allow to harden on parchment paper (about 15 minutes). Serve with muddy buddies!!
Love Halloween? Here are a few of my favorite Halloween recipes:
Homemade Pico de Gallo and Homemade Guacamole in this fun Pumpkin Carving snack idea!!!
Rats and Bones for dinner? Too creepy? Delicious meatloaf and garlic breadsticks, haha!!
This super sweet, Halloween Fudge Ring is a delicious treat for your next fall party!
If you love today’s Halloween Muddy Buddies recipe, check out these cute treats from my friends:
- Spooky Spider Web Cake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Miss Dracula Pudding Cups from Cake Whiz
- Monster Cake Pops from Homemade Hooplah
- Ghost Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**