These easy Cherry Rice Krispie Treats are drizzled with dark chocolate. Ready in minutes, you’ll love this summer treat. Perfect for holidays too, just add sprinkles.
Why this Recipe is Best
You all should know by now my crazy obsession with Rice Krispie Treats.
I don’t make them very often (even though I’ve perfected how to make Rice Krispie Treats), because I can’t control myself around them.
Self control aside, I can’t let a few months go by without sharing another Krispie treat recipe. (Remember these Avalanche treats, these Biscoff krispie treats , and of course pistachio rice krispie treats?)
If you love chocolate covered cherries, this is likely to be your new favorite Rice Krispie treat.
Make them for Valentine’s Day, for a birthday or anytime you want to share something sweet with someone you love!
You only need 5 ingredients to make easy krispie treats with Jello:
My secret for making all kinds of flavors of Rice Krispie bars is gelatin powder. Choose your flavor, find the corresponding instant jello packet and make something amazing with very little thought or effort.
- Rice krispie cereal – Make sure it’s fresh and not stale.
- Cherry flavored gelatin powder
- Mini marshmallows – for an even chewier treat, add an additional cup of mini mallows to the cereal when mixing (don’t melt them).
- Melted dark chocolate
Tip for Cherry Rice Krispie Treats
- Use a gentle hand: When pressing the rice krispie mixture into the baking pan, make sure to press lightly. The harder you press, the harder the finished treats will be.
- Dampen your fingers: Hate when rice krispie treat batter gets stuck on your fingers? Run your hands under water before you press the treats into the pan. No sticking, no mess!
- Cutting Rice Krispie Treats: If the treats are getting stuck to your knife when you slice them into bars, spray a very thin layer of cooking spray on the knife first.
- Get creative with shapes: I’m a fan of the classic bar shape for Rice Krispie Treats but I love them in any form! These would be perfect to cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Make sure to spray the cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray first.
The bright pink color and addition of smooth dark chocolate makes Cherry Rice Krispie Treats stand out from the crowd!
More Easy Dessert Recipes