Transform your everyday Banana Bread recipe into a tropical treat. Coconut Banana Bread is full of crunch macadamia nuts and toasted coconut flakes. The results are unbelievably delicious!
Based off our favorite Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe, you’ll love this moist and flavorful bread. Top with a vanilla icing and toasted coconut for an extra special touch!
Why this Recipe is Best
If you want to add some pizzazz to your quick bread, this Coconut Banana Bread recipe is for you!
- Sour cream makes it extra moist.
- Perfect balance of coconut and banana flavor.
- Serve for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Makes two scrumptious loaves.
- Freezer friendly recipe.
- Easy to follow instructions.
This recipe makes two loaves of perfect bread. That way you have one to enjoy now and another to freeze for later!
Bananas. The riper the better. I use 4 large bananas for my banana bread recipes.
Sour cream. Substitute full fat regular or Greek yogurt if preferred. Avoid sweetened or flavored yogurts.
Coconut Banana Bread is just as easy to make as regular banana bread.
Beat butter and sugar together. Then add in eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas.
Stir flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in to the banana mixture. Fold in sour cream, chopped nuts and shredded coconut.
Transfer the batter to prepared loaf pans. Bake for one hour. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.
Serve or freeze
Slice banana bread and enjoy plain or topped with vanilla ice cream!
To store this for later, transfer cooled loaves to freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips & Tricks
- Nut substitutes. Swap the macadamia nuts for chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Serving suggestions. For dessert, drizzle with a little vanilla glaze and sprinkle with more coconut. The glaze from these blueberry donut muffins is delicious.
- More coconut flavor. Add a drop of coconut extract to the batter to enhance the coconut taste.
We make our banana bread recipes in 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. You can use other sized pans, but will need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Feel free to leave the nuts out of my coconut banana bread recipe. It’ll still be delicious.
Store your homemade coconut banana bread in an airtight container or plastic wrap. I recommend slicing just before serving to keep the bread ad its best.
Make traditional banana bread more exciting! A couple handfuls of coconut and macadamia nuts are all it takes.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Banana Streusel Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze
- Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Buttermilk Pancakes