Make these adorable Flower Pretzel Candy Bites this Easter! A salty sweet homemade Easter candy that’s full of color and cheer, just in time for spring.
Table of Contents
Flower Pretzel Bites
Easter candy season is almost here! I get excited when pastel versions of some of my favorite candies hit the shelves.
Brightly colored M&Ms are perfect for turning into Flower Pretzel Bites!
These homemade treats are irresistibly adorable and easy for anyone to make. Mini-pretzels topped with melted chocolate kisses and surrounded by M&M “petals” make everyone smile!
Make them for Easter or any time you need a bright and cheery treat. If you’re looking for something beyond the usual chocolate eggs and marshmallow peeps this year, this pretzel bite recipe is it!
As pretty as this Flower Candy looks, I promise that it requires no super human decorating or candy making skills.
They’re simple enough for the kids to help with, too. (made similar to these Peppermint Pretzel Bites)
Another thing I enjoy about making Flower Candy is that I can get a little creative with different colors and chocolate varieties. Once you get the basics down, you can mix and match to your hearts content!
To make this homemade Easter Candy, you need . . .
- Mini pretzel twists
- Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- Milk chocolate M&Ms– the pastel ones look best
- Large M&Ms (peanut or another flavor)
I’m all about homemade treats and candies but I don’t always have the time or oven space to spare. These Flower Candies only take five minutes in the oven and another half hour to set in the fridge!
The most time consuming part is adding all the M&Ms to the pretzels. Thankfully, the kids can help out with this step! Many hands make Flower Pretzel Bites quick to assemble.
- Arrange the Pretzels on a pan.
- Top Each Pretzel with a Hershey Kiss.
- Press M&M’s on warm chocolate kiss.
- Allow to set.
Tips & Tricks
For most of my flowers, I used small pretzel twists with a milk chocolate Hershey kiss, a white chocolate M&M in the center and milk chocolate M&M’s as the petals.
Most of the flavored M&M’s are a little larger, which look very cool as the center of the flower. The Peanut M&Ms and Almond M&Ms taste great mixed with the chocolate and saltiness of the pretzel, too.
If you don’t have any large M&Ms, small ones will work as the center of the flower as well. You can also use different flavors of kisses too…coconut would be delicious and the white chocolate cookies and cream flavor would make a very pretty flower center indeed!
Using different combos of flavors of M&Ms and kisses in your batch of Flower Pretzel Bites is a fun way to mix things up. Everyone will love trying different varieties!
Homemade Flower Candy
These cute and pretty springtime flower treats don’t have to be just for Easter either.
- Use green, white and orange M&Ms to make a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat!
- These can be turned into mini snowflake candies for the winter holidays by using white and blue M&Ms. Try using mini M&Ms to make different patterns–a peppermint chocolate kiss would be a great twist, too.
- Have a peanut butter chocolate lover in your life? Try Reese’s Pieces instead of M&Ms as the flower petals.
More Holiday Treats
- Easter Fudge
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Easter Puppy Chow
- Rice Krispie Treat Nests
- Magic Cookie Bars – with pastel M&M’s
Flower Pretzel Candy
- 50 mini pretzel twists
- 50 Hershey kisses your choice in flavor
- 50 large M&M flavored or peanut work best
- 250 milk chocolate M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit on a large baking sheet. Arrange pretzels on parchment paper.
- Unwrap Hershey kisses and place one on top of each pretzel. Put baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press large M&M in center of Hershey kiss. Arrange 5 smaller ones around the edges to look like petals of a flower. Repeat until finished.
- Allow to set on counter or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Store in covered container in refrigerator so chocolate doesn’t melt. Enjoy!
- For most of my flowers, I used small pretzel twists with a milk chocolate Hershey kiss, a white chocolate M&M in the center and milk chocolate M&M’s as the petals.
- Most of the flavored M&M’s are a little larger, which look very cool as the center of the flower. The Peanut M&Ms and Almond M&Mstaste great mixed with the chocolate and saltiness of the pretzel, too.
- If you don’t have any large M&Ms, small ones will work as the center of the flower as well. You can also use different flavors of kisses too…coconut would be delicious and the white chocolate cookies and cream flavor would make a very pretty flower center indeed!
The easiest homemade treats for Easter! Everyone will ooh and ahh over these colorful chocolate pretzel bites.