Make these adorable Flower Pretzel Bites this Easter! A salty sweet homemade Easter candy that’s full of color and cheer, just in time for spring.
Easter candy season is almost here! I get excited when pastel versions of some of my favorite candies hit the shelves.
Brightly colored M&Ms are perfect for turning into Flower Pretzel Bites!
Flower Pretzel Bites
These homemade treats are irresistibly adorable and easy for anyone to make. Mini-pretzels topped with melted chocolate kisses and surrounded by M&M “petals” make everyone smile!
Make them for Easter or any time you need a bright and cheery treat. If you’re looking for something beyond the usual chocolate eggs and marshmallow peeps this year, this pretzel bite recipe is it!
As pretty as this Flower Candy looks, I promise that it requires no super human decorating or candy making skills.
They’re simple enough for the kids to help with, too. (made similar to these Peppermint Pretzel Bites)
Wrapped up and tucked into Easter baskets or brought to springtime celebration, Flower Candy is a salty sweet treat that looks as good as it tastes.
Another thing I enjoy about making Flower Candy is that I can get a little creative with different colors and chocolate varieties. Once you get the basics down, you can mix and match to your hearts content!
Pin this now to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite Board
What you’ll need for this Easter Candy treat
To make this homemade Easter Candy, you need . . .
- Mini pretzel twists
- Hershey’s chocolate kisses
- Milk chocolate M&Ms
- Large M&Ms (peanut or another flavor)
For Easter candy, I like to use the pastel colored M&Ms that come out every spring. But any color M&Ms will do!
Get creative with different patterns to make your own cute flower candy bites.
I’m all about homemade treats and candies but I don’t always have the time or oven space to spare. These Flower Candies only take five minutes in the oven and another half hour to set in the fridge!
The most time consuming part is adding all the M&Ms to the pretzels. Thankfully, the kids can help out with this step! Many hands make Flower Pretzel Bites quick to assemble.
How to Make Homemade Flower Candy
STEP 1. Arrange the mini pretzels on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Unwrap Hershey kisses and place one on top of each pretzel.
Put baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes at 200 degrees.
STEP 2. Immediately after removing the pretzels from the oven, press a large M&M into the center of each chocolate kiss.
Arrange 5 of the smaller M&Ms around the outside of the kiss to make flower petals.
STEP 3. Refrigerate the flower candies for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. You can also let them set at room temperature, however they may take a little longer for the chocolate to solidify again.
Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
Tips & Tricks
For most of my flowers, I used small pretzel twists with a milk chocolate Hershey kiss, a white chocolate M&M in the center and milk chocolate M&M’s as the petals.
Most of the flavored M&M’s are a little larger, which look very cool as the center of the flower. The Peanut M&Ms and Almond M&Ms taste great mixed with the chocolate and saltiness of the pretzel, too.
If you don’t have any large M&Ms, small ones will work as the center of the flower as well. You can also use different flavors of kisses too…coconut would be delicious and the white chocolate cookies and cream flavor would make a very pretty flower center indeed!
Using different combos of flavors of M&Ms and kisses in your batch of Flower Pretzel Bites is a fun way to mix things up. Everyone will love trying different varieties!
Homemade Flower Candy
These cute and pretty springtime flower treats don’t have to be just for Easter either.
- Use green, white and orange M&Ms to make a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat!
- These can be turned into mini snowflake candies for the winter holidays by using white and blue M&Ms. Try using mini M&Ms to make different patterns–a peppermint chocolate kiss would be a great twist, too.
- Have a peanut butter chocolate lover in your life? Try Reese’s Pieces instead of M&Ms as the flower petals.
More Holiday Treats:
- Easter Fudge
- Cadbury Egg Fudge
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- Reese’s Eggs
- Easter Puppy Chow
- Magic Cookie Bars – with pastel M&M’s
Make these adorable Flower Pretzel Bites this Easter! A salty sweet homemade Easter candy that's full of color and cheer, just in time for spring.
- 50 mini pretzel twists
- 50 Hershey kisses (your choice in flavor)
- 50 large M&M (flavored or peanut work best)
- 250 milk chocolate M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit on a large baking sheet. Arrange pretzels on parchment paper.
- Unwrap Hershey kisses and place one on top of each pretzel. Put baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press large M&M in center of Hershey kiss. Arrange 5 smaller ones around the edges to look like petals of a flower. Repeat until finished.
- Allow to set on counter or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Store in covered container in refrigerator so chocolate doesn’t melt. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 191gFiber: 10gSugar: 148gProtein: 22g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Recipe originally published March 28, 2012. Photos updated April 2019.
The easiest homemade treats for Easter! Everyone will ooh and ahh over these colorful chocolate pretzel bites.