This fun and fruity alcoholic Grinch Drink is the perfect cocktail recipe for your upcoming Christmas holiday party! Made with rum, schnapps, OJ and blue curacao.
Table of Contents
Why This Grinch Drink is Best
Some people are wine drinkers. And some of us like fun drinks with garnishes.
Today’s grinch punch is perfect for a Christmas cocktail. Paired with our non-alcoholic Christmas punch and you’ve got a great line-up!
Caution: This drink is NOT for underage consumption.
Yes, it looks fun and fruity, but it contains alcohol and is for adults only.
- 5 ingredients needed to mix this up
- A fun color and a fruity flavor
- Add fun fruit garnishes with orange slices and cherries
Don’t forget to add a plate of grinch cookies to your holiday table.
- Peach Schnapps – This adds a hint of flavor you’ll love.
- Rum – I use the citrus rum, but any variety works.
- Orange Juice – Use regular OJ or a light version. Pineapple juice will also work with this recipe.
- Lemon-Lime Pop – 7Up or Sprite work great, whether regular or diet. Or cut some of the sugar and sweetness and use club soda!
- Blue Curacao Liquor – This is what turns your drink green!
Tips and Tricks
- Again, to be clear, this is a GROWN UP drink, not a drink for kids. It contains alcohol.
- You don’t need to use top shelf rum, since we’re mixing it with so many other flavors, but maybe don’t go with the super cheap stuff either. I use the Bacardi citrus rum.
- You can use regular or diet soda or substitute club soda to add your fizz. Mix it slowly so it doesn’t bubble over.
- Add extra soda, if needed, if your drink is too strong.
- You can mix these drinks in individual glasses or make a pitcher and serve from that.
- The recipe makes 4 decent sized drinks, but you can certainly double the recipe if serving a crowd.
- Don’t make this too far in advance because you don’t want the soda to go flat.
Yes, you could also try using peach vodka, an apricot brandy or a peach flavored soda for the flavor. You can also omit it, but I’d be sure to use a citrus rum to add some flavor.
Yes, you can use pineapple juice in place of the orange juice if you prefer. You can also use an orange-pineapple juice blend if you’d like.
This drink is intended to be a grown-up cocktail with alcohol and includes schnapps, rum and blue curacao. Omitting all of those would drastically change the recipe. However, you could try finding a grinch punch for kids recipe instead.
More Christmas Drinks
- Christmas Punch
- Pineapple Sangria
- BBC Drink – frozen baileys, banana, and coconut cocktail!
- Frozen Brandy Slush – make it in an ice cream bucket!
- Cranberry Ginger Ale Punch
- MORE DRINKS!
- 4 ounce Peach Schnapps 1/2 cup
- 4 ounce Bacardi Rum (I use the citrus rum, but any variety works) 1/2 cup
- 12 ounce orange juice 1 1/2 cups
- 4 ounce lemon-lime pop (7Up or Sprite work great) 1/2 cup
- 4 ounce Blue Curacao liquor 1/2 cup
- maraschino cherries and orange slices for garnish, optional
- You can make this in individual glasses (4) or make a pitcher. Add all the ingredients together, stir, and add garnish.
- If desired, add more lemon-lime pop if the drink is too strong. ENJOY
- Swap out the ingredients for YOUR favorite. To keep the color green, don’t remove the blue curacao.