Incredibly easy, these Lemon Pudding Cupcakes are moist and delicious! Topped with a creamy, light lemon frosting, you’ll love to sink your teeth into one of these cupcakes!
If you’re looking for something sweet, but light, at the end of the day…look no further! These Lemon Pudding Cupcakes are magical. They are bursting with citrus flavor, yet with the pudding mix in the cupcake and Cool Whip in the frosting, they are light and creamy!
I’m kind of obsessed with pudding cupcakes. You may remember these Banana Pudding Cupcakes. They were the first to appear on the blog, and they are still a delicious choice. I then moved on to Watergate Pudding Cupcakes and Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes. Today I bring you Lemon Pudding Cupcakes.
Really, think of the possibilities. Go to any grocery store and you’ll see a shelf full of different flavors of pudding…coconut cream, vanilla, cheesecake, so many choices. Not to mention all the seasonal flavors…peppermint and pumpkin are two that I can’t wait to try this year!
Pudding Cupcakes are best served cold. ENJOY! And if you’re still looking for more pudding cupcakes recipes, you’ve got to try these Pudding Filled DIRT Cupcakes from Jocelyn. The kids will gobble them up! And these sweet Vanilla Pudding Party Cupcakes from Maegan are as delicious as they are adorable! Add sprinkles for whatever holiday, and you’ve got one festive treat on your hands!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Incredibly easy, these Lemon Pudding Cupcakes are moist and delicious! Topped with a creamy, light lemon frosting, you'll love to sink your teeth into one of these cupcakes!
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 package (2.9 oz) lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup lemon lime soda
- 3 large eggs
For the frosting:
- 1 cup lemon pie filling (or this lemon curd)
- 16 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners. (I love these no fade liners!) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, and lemon lime soda. Beat until light and fluffy (about two minutes).
- Using a large metal scoop (3 Tbsp), fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes, removing from pan and allowing to cool completely before adding frosting.
- For the frosting, combine pie filling (or lemon curd) with thawed Cool Whip. Fold them together. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, while cupcakes are baking and cooling.
- Using a cookie scoop, dollop the frosting onto the cooled cupcake. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days, ENJOY!