This Monster Cookie Cheese Ball recipe is a crowd pleaser! Stuffed with candy, chocolate and peanut butter, you’re going to want to try this soon!
Halloween treats are easy to make when all you have to do is add some candy eyes! Try it out with these Spooky Brookies and these delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Cups!
Table of Contents
Sweet Cheese Ball Recipe
I’m a big fan of googly eyes. Especially the edible kind that you find around Halloween. They can turn any basic treat into a “Spooky Treat” just by adding eyeballs.
Some of my most popular recipes on the blog are cheese balls.
Sweet or savory, they always seem to be a hit. Know why?
Because in real life, people love to dig into a cheese ball. Spread them on crackers, cookies or even fruit and they are always a crowd pleaser.
I’ve been wanting to make another Sweet Cheese Ball recipe for quite a while. . . specifically a Monster Cookie Cheese Ball!
Do you love monster cookies? Filled with oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&M’S and raisins, they are the “everything” of cookies.
This cheese ball has all the key components of a classic monster cookie:
- M&Ms – Use regular milk chocolate M&Ms for a traditional look or you could use one of the special bags of Halloween colored M&Ms.
- Peanut Butter- I prefer smooth peanut butter in the cheese ball
- Quick oats – NOT whole rolled or instant oatmeal
- Chocolate chips
Notice anything missing? Yes, I used candy eyeballs instead of raisins.
I debated whether to keep the raisins in for today’s cheese ball recipe, and opted out of them in the end. While I know I would love the chewy addition, I feared that my kids would flip out (in a bad way).
If you’ve got a tailgating party or Halloween bash, this Monster Cookie Cheese Ball is the perfect snack to bring along!
Step by Step Instructions
Never made a cheese ball? You’ll be happy to hear it’s very simple.
- Make the cheeseball. Beat peanut butter with cream cheese, butter and sugars, then add the oats, half the M&Ms, and chocolate chips.
- Shape and chill. Line a 4 cup bowl with plastic wrap and drop cheese ball mixture into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Add outside layer. Remove the cheese ball from refrigerator and unroll from the plastic wrap. Place it on a serving plate. Using your hands, press in the remaining M&M’S to cover the cheese ball completely. Then press in sets of candy eye balls all over the cheese ball.
Serve immediately or chill until dessert time!
Tips and Tricks
- This can be made a day or so in advance. Just wait to press the top layer of M&Ms and eyeballs into the cheese ball until you’re ready to serve it.
- Store your cheese ball in the fridge covered in plastic wrap. If you end up with leftover cheese ball (unlikely with how tasty it is), you can reform it into a smaller ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. It won’t be as pretty, but it’ll still taste good!
Dessert cheese balls are perfect paired with all kinds of cookies, pretzels and butter crackers! If you like the combo of peanut butter, banana and chocolate, you’ll enjoy this spread on banana slices too.
Why not both! I think of cheese ball as a classic party food when everyone’s walking around switching from savory to sweet and back again.
Monster cookies contain peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips, M&M’s and raisins. They are a “monster” sized treat.
This would also make a fun dessert to share with the family after dinner. Kids LOVE anything with candy googly eyes and M&Ms.
The zany addition of candy eyeballs makes this recipe a hit with everyone! You’re going to have so much fun sharing this Monster Cookie Cheeseball!
More Halloween Recipes
- Caramel Corn Recipe
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
- Monster Cookie Dough Fudge
- Monster Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Candy Corn Oreo Truffles
This is such a fun treat to make! My kids had a blast decorating it with the candy!
This was so different and amazingly delicious. It was easy to make and easier to eat. Thank you!
Pretty sure the hardest thing about making this is not eating all of the m&ms, haha! My kids are going to devour this.
Can this be made a day or two in advance?
Yes, but maybe refrain from rolling it in the M&M’s until ready to serve that day 🙂
I made it without oats or M & M’s and called it a chocolate chip cookie dough dip! YUM~~~ Thank you!
Sounds delicious 🙂
LOVE this idea!!! Do you think it would be ok without the oats??
Do you cook the oats?
I think you are right, there is definitely something about cheese balls; they are always the first thing to go at any party! I love this, it so perfect for Halloween. Those eyes are adorable!
I cannot get over how adorable this is! Totally making this for Halloween!
This is the cheese ball to end all cheese balls! And something for the big kids to eat while we are handing out all the treats to the littles! 🙂
Oh my goodness this is the cutest and most delicious sounding appetizer ever! We love M & M’s in any form, but with googly eyes? This would be gone in a New York minute.
haha, thanks Toni!! It definitely didn’t last very long here with my hungry eaters.
This is one of the cutest and most delicious recipes I’ve seen all season Aimee! Love it!
Aww thanks Trish 🙂
Adorable! What a great treat to bring to a Halloween party!