Looking for an easy candy recipe with salted caramel and chocolate? This Salted Caramel Bark is a sweet and salty treat made with white chocolate, salted caramel, pretzels, and finished with a milk chocolate drizzle! Ready in minutes!
Love sweet and salty? Then you’re going to go crazy for this Salted Caramel Brownie Recipe! The perfect balance. Or try these delicious bites of Salted Caramel Fudge for a tasty dessert.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
Crispy pretzels and a homemade caramel sauce turn a simple batch of chocolate park into a decadent caramel candy!
I went to Costco this month for my regular shopping trip. You know, to restock on sugar, flour, oil, toilet paper, all the staples. But as always, I couldn’t resist deviating from my list to wander the aisles a bit.
And in my wandering in the bakery section, they had tubs of chocolate bark covered in salted caramel. So, of course, I looked at it and thought to myself, “Self, there is no way I am buying this when it looks so easy to make“!
This turned out to be a very easy candy recipe that creates sweet pieces of white chocolate bark, drizzled in milk chocolate and caramel sauce, then flecked with sea salt.
When it comes to candy, I’m a huge fan of the combo of sweet and salty! The pretzels added to this bark brought a nice element of crunch to the chocolate bark.
I can’t wait for you all to try this homemade candy recipe.
Just a handful of ingredients!
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract– try using our homemade vanilla extract recipe!
- Powdered sugar
- Kosher salt-learn why I use kosher salt in my cooking and baking!
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate candy melts
- Milk chocolate morsels – Or chocolate candy coating
- Pretzel sticks – Broken into pieces
Don’t be intimidated by the thought of making your own caramel sauce. This caramel doesn’t require a candy thermometer or any special ingredients.
STEP 1. Make the caramel sauce
In large saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk. Cook on medium for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar. Set aside.
STEP 2. Melt chocolate
Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Pour on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spread evenly to distribute over the whole lined pan.
PRO TIP: I don’t recommend white chocolate chips for this recipe, as they can be finicky when melting.
STEP 3. Assemble the bark
Drizzle caramel sauce over melted white chocolate. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Top with broken pretzels, pressing them into the bark lightly. Melt milk chocolate according to package. Drizzle over bark.
Allow the bark to set about one hour at room temperature.
Break into pieces and enjoy!
Salted caramel bark keeps well in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also keep the bark in the fridge to enjoy cold–it’s delicious this way, too.
I know there will be a few dark chocolate only people out there wondering how this tastes with dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate drizzled over it. While I personally love the extra sweetness of the milk chocolate here, feel free to try it with another variety and let me know how you like it! The beauty of this easy candy recipe is in the balance of flavors, from sweet to salty and textures from velvety vanilla to crunchy pretzels.
I break mini pretzel sticks into 2 or 3 pieces. You don’t want the pretzels to be like crumbs. The crunchy pieces add the perfect touch to this chocolate bark! Other pretzel shapes will work, too, like twists or squares. Just break them into pieces about 1/2 inch to an inch long before pressing them lightly into the melted chocolate.
More Easy Candy Recipes
Salted Caramel Bark
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 oz Ghirardelli white chocolate wafers
- ¾ cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 ½ cup pretzels broken
- In a large saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate wafers according to package directions. Pour on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spread evenly.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over melted white choolate. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Top with broken pretzels (press them into bark, lightly). Melt milk chocolate according to package. Drizzle over bark. Allow to set about one hour.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
- White chocolate– I love how smooth and delicious the Ghirardelli wafers taste when melted. No need to spread to the edges of the pan, just smooth thin and even on the parchment paper.
- Storage: Salted caramel bark keeps well in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also keep the bark in the fridge to enjoy cold–it’s delicious this way, too.
Salted Caramel Bark with pretzels and milk chocolate is a homemade candy that’s as easy as it is scrumptious! I hope your family likes it as much as mine does.
Hi there, I am allergic to chocolate and I am looking for some dessert like this, but I see you use White Chocolate Waffers.
Is there any other I could use?
Let me know.
This salted caramel bark is so yummy and addicting! My daughter and I had so much fun making this together, and I can’t wait to make this again! Such a yummy treat!