The most beautiful, delicious layered cake! Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Cake! This is exactly what you were looking for, right?
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
I’m a bit addicted to salted caramel right now. Remember these Salted Caramel Truffles? Yeah, they pretty much started this whole thing.
Not that I’m complaining, because it could be a worse addiction.
Last year I enjoyed making several cheesecake cake recipes. Remember the eggnog version? I die.
With all the varieties I’ve already made, my mind was stumbling on what version next? And then it occurred to me…salted caramel.
Let me tell you a few tricks to this recipe. It’s not easy and it’s not hard. It’s one of those, “read the directions before you begin” type of recipes. But I’m going to highlight a few things.
How to make a cheesecake cake:
- Plan making this cake a day in advance. I made the cheesecake one night, then the next morning I baked the cake layers. In the afternoon I whipped up the frosting and assembled the cake. I then refrigerated the cake and made the ganache the following morning. We enjoyed the cake that afternoon.
- You can make the cheesecake layer further in advance by wrapping tightly and storing in the freezer until ready to use.
- I used my favorite dark chocolate cake recipe from scratch. But if you want, feel free to use a chocolate cake mix. I’ll never know!
- Refrigerate the cake once it’s frosted. The cold frosting stands up to the warm ganache. Speaking of ganache, allow it too cool slightly. Otherwise it would be a disaster.
- Drizzle with a homemade caramel sauce or use store bought. You decide!
- Slice yourself the first piece, because this cake will go fast, and you earned it!
I hope the directions don’t scare you! This cake is worth every single second of preparation. If you’re going to enjoy something so sinfully delicious, you might as well work for it. And if you’re going to work for it, it better be sinfully delicious.
Am I right?
Some of my favorite “cheesecake cakes”:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake: an impressive fall dessert recipe, topped with a cream cheese frosting!
Eggnog Cheesecake cake: a homemade spice cake with an eggnog cheesecake and eggnog flavored frosting!
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Cake: a holiday dessert that will make YOU the star!
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake recipe: two layers of moist carrot cake, a middle layer of creamy cheesecake, all covered in cream cheese frosting with pecans!
A couple more ‘cheesecake cake’ recipes for you to enjoy:
- Lemon Cheesecake Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake from Recipe Girl
- Margarita Cheesecake Cake from Wicked Good Kitchen
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Cake recipe:
Today’s recipe for Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cake was first published on Shugary Sweets on September 21, 2014 and has been republished in August 2018.