These Salted Caramel Mocha truffles are indeed better than any store bought chocolate. The soft center with the crunch of chocolate, oh my, how can you resist?
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (about 2 bags)
- ½ cup caramel bits
- 16 ounces Ghirardellis dark chocolate melting wafers
- sea salt, for garnish
- Set up a double boiler with 1-2 inches of water in the bottom of a pot. Heat water over medium-high heat until boiling. Once boiling, add cream and heat until warm. Add butter until melted. Add espresso powder and milk chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- Add caramel bits, stirring until melted (this may take several minutes).
- Remove from heat and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until ganache becomes set.
- Scoop filling into 1 tablespoon balls and drop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for one hour.
- Melt Ghirardelli Melting Chocolate according to package directions (this is the chocolate wafers in the resealable pouch).
- Dip each truffle on a toothpick into the melted chocolate, tapping the side of the bowl until the excess falls off. Drop onto the parchment paper and sprinkle immediately with sea salt. Repeat until finished.
- Store truffles in airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram