Apple Spice Muffins with Caramel Glaze
They will also each receive an apple pie press, a bag of Milky Way Caramel apple candies, a $10 Starbucks gift card and a free ticket to register for Online BlogCon!!
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (I used 4 oranges)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup peeled, diced apples (I used crunchpak)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice and almond extract. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves. Mix until combined. Fold in apples.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups to half full. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove and cool.
- For the frosting, in a medium saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter and 1/4 cup milk (4Tbsp). Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil for 2 full minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and remaining milk until smooth. Spread on cooled muffins. ENJOY!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**