Your favorite childhood treat gets the pumpkin spice treatment! Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats made with instant JELL-O pudding, pumpkin spice mix, and topped with melted white chocolate. Perfect for Halloween.
I have a simple love of putting pudding mix into my Rice Krispie treats. Gives them a whole new flavor, and keeps them moist! It’s a secret to how to make rice krispie treats that are perfect every time.
Pumpkin All the Things
Want to hear my new motto? Every dessert is a pumpkin dessert if you try hard and believe in yourself.
From September to December, I want pumpkin in EVERYTHING.
- Cookies– Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies
- Cupcakes– Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Coffee- Pumpkin Cream cold brew
- Breakfast– Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls
In fact, much of the time I don’t need the real pumpkin so much as I need the pumpkin spices. You can’t have fall without cinnamon, nutmeg and a touch of ginger to warm things up.
If you like pumpkin spice even half as much as I do, you NEED to try these! And if you love rice krispie treats, well, get to the kitchen now.
Soft, sticky, gooey rice krispie goodness filled with pumpkin spice flavor and topped with a thin layer of white chocolate.
Swooning guaranteed. Try our pumpkin pie rice krispie treats next!
- JELL-O Mix – Vanilla instant pudding mix is the perfect sweet addition to our krispie treats.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- using store bought spice mix works, or make a jar of homemade pumpkin pie spice to use in all your fall baking!
- Marshmallows – I used regular sized marshmallows this time. 10 ounces of mini marshmallows work too. Make sure they’re FRESH. I promise it makes a difference.
- White chocolate – White chocolate morsels melted in the microwave add a beautiful and creamy touch to these treats. For smoother melting, you can also use Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers.
- Sprinkles – To make your pumpkin rice krispies more festive, use colorful sprinkles! For Halloween, consider orange and black ones, or use a mix of autumn colors like yellow, orange and brown.
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt butter. Use a large pot to melt the butter over medium high heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and smooth, over low heat.
- Add cereal. Once melted, add pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until smooth. Fold in cereal.
- Pour in to the pan. Pour mixture into buttered foil lined rimmed baking pan (or parchment paper). Lightly press the mixture into the pan.
- Toppings. Spread melted white chocolate over top of treats and sprinkle immediately with sprinkles. Allow to set about 1 hour. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Use a LIGHT touch when pressing the treats into the pan. If you press too hard the treats will dry out and become hard. I repeat, DO NOT press hard. To keep your hands from getting sticky when pressing the treats into the pan, dampen your fingers with water first.
- I use the butter wrapper to grease the pan. This adds just the right amount of butter to keep the treats from sticking without making them oily.
How long do rice krispie treats last?
In my house, they only last as long as my willpower allows! You can store these at room temperature in a tight container and they’ll keep well for 2-3 days.
Can you use another cereal?
Yes! I love making “rice krispie treats” with other cereals. Golden Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch would be a perfect match for the pumpkin spice.
Can you freeze these?
Nope. I mean, you COULD freeze them but it would result in a stale treat and sadness. I’m devoted to only enjoying the best rice krispie treats so I strongly advise you just store these at room temperature.
More Fall Recipes
- Pumpkin Fudge
- Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Apple Crumble
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Stop everything and go make a pan of these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats!