Turkey Taco Soup
I love soup. I especially love making soup in my slow-cooker. Come dinner time this warm, filling meal is ready with very little prep.
At Thanksgiving I cooked up a giant turkey and after our meal I put bags of this turkey in the freezer for future meals. Today, I used a bag of cooked turkey breast to make this soup. You can also use uncooked turkey breasts, or even chicken breasts (cooked or uncooked). You can also use a rotisserie chicken. Total flexibility here.
We served up this soup with easy Puff Pastry breadsticks.
And the leftovers, if you have any, are fantastic!!
Want more soup ideas? Come join SoupaPalooza at TidyMom and Dine & Dish sponsored by KitchenAid, Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset
- 3-4 cup shredded turkey (or chicken)..or use raw turkey breasts
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 16 oz jar corn and black bean salsa
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 15oz can corn, drained
- 15oz can creamed corn
- 1 1/2 oz package taco seasoning
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large slow-cooker, combine all ingredients except heavy cream. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Half an hour before serving, remove turkey, shred it, and return to pot. Stir in heavy cream.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips and guacamole. Enjoy!
**may substitute chicken breasts for turkey
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2013