Peanut Butter Granola Bars

by aimee @ shugarysweets on January 10, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola Bars- make your own delicious snacks for lunches or on the go! #granolabars #peanutbutter www.shugarysweets.com

I found a recipe for homemade granola bars in a magazine about 2 years ago. I’ve been making them ever since. And there are so many lovely combinations you can try! I’ve done regular chocolate chip and s’mores. Today, I’m sharing another favorite variation.

Peanut Butter Lover’s Granola Bars! My daughter celebrated her 14th birthday this week. And she is a true peanut butter lover. So much so that she gets a little teasing for it. She likes peanut butter in and on everything!

These granola bars are great! After cutting them I wrap them up individually in wax paper and stick them in a sandwich bag. Now we have snacks ready for on-the-go. Which is how we roll around here! 4 kids + tons of activities= on the go

I hope you love these too!

Here are a few of my other favorite snacks for on the go:

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars: move over Quaker! These have some pretzels added, for a little fun salty sweet addition!

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars from www.shugarysweets.com

Oatmeal Cream Pies: Just like little debbie, but homemade. Wrap individually so they are ready to go!

Oatmeal Cream Pies from www,.shugarysweets.com

Chocolate Oatmeal Cream Pies: similar to above but chocolate flavored! And perfect for your football fans!

Chocolate Oatmeal cream Pies for #gameday from www.shugarysweets.com

Taco Snack Mix- a tasty mix of all your favorite salty treats. Put in individual bags so they are ready for lunches and snacks!

Taco Snack Mix from www.shugarysweets.com

Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest

Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Yield: 16 bars

Make your own granola bars, easy and delicious!

• 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cup granola (I actually used Cascadian Farm Maple Nut Granola Cereal)
  • 1 cup crispy rice cereal
  • 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter morsels (I used Reese's brand), divided

1. IN a a large saucepan, heat butter, sugar and honey over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly (until sugar is completely dissolved). Add peanut butter and mix thoroughly.
  2. Remove from heat. Add in granola, cereal and peanuts, folding it onto itself until combined. Fold in 1/2 cup peanut butter morsels. Press mixture into a parchment paper lined 11x7 baking dish. Refrigerate about 15 minutes. Remove and cut into bars (of desired size).
  3. Melt remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter morsels in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds until melted. Pour into a ziploc bag, snip off corner and drizzle over bars. Allow to set (about 15 minutes). Store bars in airtight containers. ENOY.

Linked To: Chic and Crafty I’m Lovin It  Talent Show  Trick or treat   What’s cookin

Kate @ quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com January 10, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Wow! These look amazing. I cannot wait to try them :)
Kate @ quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com recently posted..Blog LoveMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 10, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Thanks! Let me know if you DO try them. Thanks for stopping by!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola BarsMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks January 10, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I love nobake granola bars, especially those with PB! And yours look incredible! They woldnt last around here!

BTW, do you love-love the Oatmeal Cream Pies? Ive been looking for a tried and true recipe & am curious b/c you say you dont really like OCPs but you like those. Do tell!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Loaded Baked Tater Tot DipMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 10, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I do LOVE the OCP on my blog. Both the regular and chocolate! My kids go nuts over them when I make them. And my husband, who is a Little Debbie OCP snob, thinks these are the bomb. Hope that helps, hehe!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola BarsMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks January 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Which ones do you like better the football choc ones or the originals?

Also do you think butter flavored crisco is necessary for the filling? I only have regular & would have to buy it just for these…may be worth it though if they’re that good. I am an OCP Nut!!! :)
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Loaded Baked Tater Tot DipMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 10, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I love the chocolate footballs personally :) My kids like the original ones the best (because they are just like Little Debbie). I think the butter Crisco DEFINITELY is worth using in this recipe! It keeps them from being flat, but still gives a good buttery flavor! ENJOY!!!

Medeja January 10, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I adore such chewy sweet stuff! And especially since this includes PB..yummy!
Medeja recently posted..Anties Krūtinėlė su Mango Padažu/ Duck Breasts with Mango SauceMy Profile

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar January 10, 2013 at 8:23 pm

These sound fabulous!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar recently posted..Black Bean BurgersMy Profile

Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground January 10, 2013 at 8:44 pm

WOW!!!! Those look absolutely A-mazing, Aimee! I’m always inspired by your posts! … thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us.
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground :-)
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground recently posted..Nutella No-Bake CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 10, 2013 at 9:41 pm

You’re just the sweetest. Thanks girl!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola BarsMy Profile

Jess January 10, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Love those pictures! Granola bars are on my list to try to tackle in 2013, so thank you for the great inspiration!
Jess recently posted..Roasted Shrimp with FetaMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 10, 2013 at 9:42 pm

So easy to make Jess! I whipped these up one morning while my girls were eating breakfast. By the time they were done eating a getting dressed they were ready to pack in their lunches!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola BarsMy Profile

Ashton @ Something Swanky January 10, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Are we great minds or what??? :) These look awesome!

aimee @ shugarysweets January 10, 2013 at 9:42 pm

YOUR granola looks delicious!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Peanut Butter Granola BarsMy Profile

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips January 10, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Oh yummy! I am a peanut butter fanatic! I am so pinning these, Aimee!
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips recently posted..Creamy Cranberry Dijon Dipping SauceMy Profile

Joan@Chocolateandmore January 10, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Aimee, granola bars have been on my to do list. These sound so good, the kids will think they’re eating a candy bar!
Joan@Chocolateandmore recently posted..Chocolate Overload Loaded BrowniesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 11, 2013 at 7:11 am

It IS like a candy bar!!! I think you need to bump it up on your list!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 10, 2013 at 9:58 pm

The internet is telling me to make granola bars. I think I need to oblige…and they need to be peanut butter…
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Giveaway: Win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 11, 2013 at 7:10 am

Well, when the internet tells you to do something I think you should listen. Imagine the backlash it could bring upon you. Just sayin!

sally @ sallys baking addiction January 11, 2013 at 6:39 am

aimee! i am a total fool for everything peanut butter-y and granola-y. these have my name written all over them. honey, pb, granola, butter, brown sugar – where can you go wrong?!
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..salted triple caramel cupcakes.My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 11, 2013 at 7:09 am

You are pretty much the queen of peanut butter AND granola!!!

tanya January 11, 2013 at 8:56 am

Like you daughter, I love peanut butter!!!! Can’t wait to try these!! I always feel like my granola bars need chocolate chips, but I think I’m wrong!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction January 11, 2013 at 9:07 am

I love making granola bars, especially those loaded with peanut butter!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Buffalo Chicken QuesadillasMy Profile

Ashley January 11, 2013 at 10:12 am

I love homemade granola bars! For a while I was making them all the time, but I got out of the habit. I need to start making them again… this version sounds amazing!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life January 11, 2013 at 10:18 am

An all peanut butter granola bar that is ready in minutes? Yup that sounds perfect!!! I love the extra peanut butter drizzle going in these too!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Nacho Potato ChowderMy Profile

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection January 11, 2013 at 10:40 am

I love homemade granola bars, and peanut butter are always my favorite! I might even mix in a few mini chocolate chips to make a choco-pb flavor. Your pictures look fantastic!
Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection recently posted..Oatmeal Cream PiesMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) January 11, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Homemade granola bars FTW!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Beefy RiceMy Profile

Jennifer @ Mother Thyme January 11, 2013 at 3:08 pm

These look incredible! I love granola bars, especially homemade. Great recipe!

peachy January 11, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I’ve made granolas but never granola bars! Will try to do this sometime next month. Thanks for dropping by my blog!
peachy recently posted..Barbecue Grill CupcakesMy Profile

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain January 11, 2013 at 8:59 pm

These look great, sure to be a hit around here!
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain recently posted..Fashion UpdateMy Profile

Anita at Hungry Couple January 12, 2013 at 5:35 am

I totally share your daughter’s love of peanut butter and these look yummy!!
Anita at Hungry Couple recently posted..Skinny Chocolate LoafMy Profile

Cristina @ Just My Crazy Kitchen January 12, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Aimee, your photographs are beautiful! I was just stopping by from the Pin Party and I thought you should know =) Also, why did I never know about these before? I just got back from a trip to Haiti and these would have been perfect to take with us! We lived off of granola bars for lunch!
Cristina @ Just My Crazy Kitchen recently posted..{Spicy} Sausage and Shell SoupMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 13, 2013 at 8:55 am

Well aren’t you just the sweetest? Thanks!! Homemade granola bars are so easy and delicious. You’ll wonder why you ever bought them!

Ala January 13, 2013 at 4:24 am

I just made a panful of peanut butter cookie butter granola…and now I know where half of the batch is going to go into. This recipe sounds mouth-wateringly good…
Ala recently posted..Insanely Fudgy Deconstructed Twix BrowniesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 13, 2013 at 8:53 am

Oh that will be good with homemade PB granola!! YUM.

Karly January 17, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I just made two batches of granola bars and they’re already gone. These ones are next on the list!

Thanks for linking up to What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Karly recently posted..Creamy White Queso Dip – No Velveeta Needed!My Profile

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen February 16, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I love granola like crazy! i eat it all the time. I am sharing these on my facebook page!
Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted..Show Me Your Plaid #55My Profile

Ezekiel November 28, 2014 at 4:17 am

Looking for healthy breakfast cereals? Discover the wonders of Ezekiel Cereal; its quick, easy and healthy. Read and be completely informed.http://ezekielcereal.com/