Pistachio Eclair Cake

Delicious, no bake Pistachio Eclair Cake is the perfect dessert at the end of the day!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Pistachio Eclair Cake: an easy recipe for a no bake eclair cake!

I am obsessed with eclair cakes. It could be because they are so easy to whip up, it could be because they don’t have to bake.

But mostly, it’s because they are delicious.

Growing up my mom used to surprise us with giant pudding parfaits. She would take chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding and swirl them in great big shake glasses and top them with cool whip. There was always one for each of us.

Occasionally she would use different puddings, and I always loved it when there was pistachio.

I’m such a sucker for pistachio pudding. I love the creamy texture, the little bits of pistachio nuts, the color!

Pistachio Eclair Cake: an easy recipe for a no bake eclair cake!

Today’s eclair cake recipe using pistachio pudding as the main flavor. I love to make this before going to bed, refrigerating it all night, and all the next day and enjoying it for dessert. I like my graham crackers to fully soften! However, I have totally eaten it immediately after making it too. The crunch grahams give it a completely different texture!

As for the frosting, there are a few options.

• make your own milk chocolate frosting (like I did in this recipe)
  • spread on a can of milk chocolate frosting
  • spread on a can of MELTED milk chocolate frosting

I did option 3 for today’s recipe. Normally I would make my own (it’s my favorite way, by far)…but sometimes you don’t have time or ingredients. Spreading on a can of frosting works just fine in a pinch. HOWEVER, taking that can of frosting and melting it in the microwave for one minutes results in a whole different texture. You get a fudgy, creamy frosting that once refrigerated takes on a rich chocolate flavor! Only do this option if you will have time to refrigerate for up to 3 hours. ENJOY!

Pistachio Eclair Cake: an easy recipe for a no bake eclair cake!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Pistachio Eclair Cake

Prep Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes

Yield: serves 12 large or 24 small

Delicious, creamy No Bake Pistachio Eclair cake recipe!

• 1 box (14.4 oz) honey graham crackers
  • 2 pkg (3.4oz each) instant pistachio pudding mix
  • 2 1/2 cup milk
  • 12 oz Cool Whip
  • 1 can Pillsbury Milk Chocolate frosting, melted

1. Mix pudding with milk, using a whisk, for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip. Set aside.
  2. In a 13x9 baking dish, lay a single layer of graham cracker on bottom of pan. Pour half of the pudding mixture over the grahams. Place another layer of graham crackers. Pour remaining pudding mixture over grahams. Top with final layer of graham crackers. Pour melted chocolate frosting over top layer of grahams.
  3. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight). ENJOY!

Love Eclair Cakes?

eclair cake

Chocolate Eclair Cake: classic, original with homemade frosting!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Eclair Cake: filled with Reese’s PB Cups!

Strawberry Eclair Cake: cheesecake pudding filling with fresh strawberries!

Favorite Eclair recipes from around the web:

31 Responses to “Pistachio Eclair Cake”

1. posted Mar 1, 2014 at 8:59 am

I love pistachio; this looks and sounds amazing! Can’t wait to try this :)

2. posted Mar 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I too love you eclair cakes!

3. posted Mar 1, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I have a feeling I would be obessed with eclair cakes if I made them! :) I really like how distinct the layers are! A showstopper for sure!

• posted Mar 2, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Thanks Mary Frances. So many great flavors can be made into an eclair cake!!

4. posted Mar 2, 2014 at 9:58 am

It’s been way too long since I made the eclair cake. Loving this pistachio version! Pinned! Happy weekend, Aimee!

• posted Mar 2, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Thanks for pinning Anna! Hope you had a great weekend too!

5. posted Mar 2, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Oh my husband would die for some of this sweet treat. I love that it is so easy to put together too.

• posted Mar 2, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Thanks Emily, it is such an easy dessert! And so many flavor possibilities!

6. posted Mar 2, 2014 at 4:25 pm

You read my mind. I had just pinned a recipe for this :) Yours looks fabulous.

7. posted Mar 2, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I need to make an eclair cake. I keep meaning too and never do. It’s on my list for summer for sure!

8. posted Mar 3, 2014 at 9:41 am

Wow, Aimee. This seems so dreamy. I adore creamy pistachio filling and I love eclair cake. I ADORE this combo.

9. posted Mar 3, 2014 at 10:28 am

Super simple but still beautiful and delicious! Great recipe!

10. posted Mar 4, 2014 at 10:58 am

Although I adore baking in all its forms, sometimes you just need a no-bake treat to inhale immediately – I mean enjoy with friends. I definitely didn’t mean eating the entire glory that is this eclair cake on my own…

11. posted Mar 4, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Oh wow, I love eclair cakes so much! This pistachio cake is fantastic!!

12. posted Mar 7, 2014 at 4:00 am

All your elcair cakes look amazing – I’m such a sucker for pistachios, so I love that you made a pistachio version :) Can’t wait to give this a try – pinning :)

13. posted Mar 26, 2014 at 11:39 am

Have you made this with the fat free/sugar free pistachio pudding? wondering if it works as well?

14. Pingback: March Ramblings - Shugary Sweets

15. Pingback: Pistachio Eclair Cake | Link4Food

16. Pingback: 50 Icebox Desserts for Summer

17. Rashmi
    posted Jul 12, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Hi Aimee,

I love this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it. I read it-pinned it-made it! All in a day!! Has turned out perfect.

• posted Jul 13, 2014 at 8:38 am

So glad to hear it!! Thanks for stopping back and letting me know :) ENJOY!

18. posted Aug 21, 2014 at 10:48 pm

This cake looks amazing. Such a nice twist from the original Éclair Cake. Can’t wait to try this. Thanks for posting.

19. Pingback: Pistachio Eclair Cake: an easy recipe for a no bake eclair cake! - ZuziFeed

20. Pingback: Pistachio Eclair Cake: an easy recipe for a no bake eclair cake! - Food Ziya

21. Pingback: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars - Chocolate Chocolate and More!

22. Pingback: Banana Eclair Cake - Shugary Sweets

23. Linda
    posted Aug 1, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Love Eclairs using grahams and puddings. I’ve been making them for years to take to gatherings. Though I must say I never thought to use Pistachio!! This is going on my must make list. I will offer an alternative to the canned icing, if anyone is interested. I use chocolate fudge pudding and only half the milk or just a little over half the milk. So, generally for a 9×13 pan, I will use two boxes of instant chocolate fudge pudding and two cups milk. You can make it with the 4 cups milk, that will work. I just like it really really thick I have not tried this yet, but plan to….I want to try cook and serve chocolate fudge pudding for the topping. I do believe I am now hungry for this dessert. I will have to add the ingredients to my grocery list this week!! Thank you for sharing you recipe! I can’t wait to try to switch up the flavors. I absolutely love pistachio!!