Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Love Carrot Cake? These delicious Carrot Cake Cupcakes have a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting! Perfect for a weekday dessert or weekend potluck!
Be sure to sign up for my FREE email subscription…new recipes in your inbox!
I don’t know how people work at Starbucks.
Not the actual employees…although that would take so much self control for me to not drink #allthecoffee and eat #allthedessert.
But I’m talking about actually sitting at a table and trying to get some work done.
I’ve only had to do this a few times , when my internet has been down, or when I have work and I’m waiting to pick up a child from swim practice, etc. But I must say, I am so less productive. I find myself listening to the barista call out orders. Then I like to “see” who ordered what, so I spend a lot of time watching people.
Earlier this week I went to Starbucks to meet a friend, and I arrived WAY early so I thought I would get some work done. But the baristas there were so entertaining, I didn’t accomplish anything. Except drink 3 coffee drinks and eat a slice of lemon bread.
My plan had been to write about these Carrot Cake Cupcakes…but I kept drawing a blank. Or I found myself writing about coconut, lemon bread, venti, grande…as I listened to the employees I kept writing the words they were saying. Clearly I was distracted.
Which is odd, because I work from home. TONS of distractions at home. I think I thrive off distractions at home. I’m a pretty productive person and can totally multitask my home chores with my blog work (and Jamberry). I have a system at home. I can even have music or the TV on and it doesn’t distract me.
It must have been the coffee. Ha!
Anyways. Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Sweet, moist cupcakes, from scratch. Topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting full of chopped pecans. This is what I want for Mother’s Day dessert. I can’t get enough of the Carrot Cake this season! You may remember this Carrot Bundt Cake from a few weeks back. I don’t know what it is, but I just LOVE the moisture carrots add to cupcake batter. Similar to zucchini, really!! ENJOY!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Yield: 30 cupcakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cup shredded carrots
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat until well blended. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat for 2-3 minutes until fully combined. Fold in carrots.
- Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese together for 3 minutes, scraping down sides as needed. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat 3-4 minutes until fluffy. Fold in chopped pecans. Use an open tip to pipe onto cupcakes. Top with a pecan halve if desired. ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Love cupcakes? Cool. Me too!
Watermelon Cupcakes: not only are they delicious, but they’re cute too! Perfect for summer or a bake sale!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes: if you’re going to make cupcakes, you must make them cute!
Chocolate Butterfinger Cupcakes: chocolate cupcakes with a creamy Butterfinger frosting. Doesn’t get much better than this!
Love these Carrot Cake cupcakes? Here are some delish cupcakes from my friends:
- Kiwi Cupcakes from The First Year
- Samoa Cupcakes from Glorious Treats
- Lemon Cupcakes from Cooking Classy
- Yellow Cupcakes from Life, Love and Sugar
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**