You’re going to love eating these Carrot Cake Muffins for breakfast. Especially since they are topped with a cream cheese frosting and walnuts!
It’s that time of year when I want to make carrot cake EVERYTHING. My dad loves carrot cake, and since this is his birthday month, I tend to get nostalgic and want to make all the carrot cake recipes.
Today though, how about carrot cake for breakfast. I mean, after all, they are muffins. And muffins are breakfast food. Even when they are topped with a big dollop of cream cheese frosting. Oh wait, I should call it a glaze to make it more breakfast friendly.
Yes. Carrot Cake muffins with a cream cheese glaze. And walnuts. For protein of course!
Now that I have devoured this whole batch of muffins, I guess I’ll bake up some of these Carrot Cake Cupcakes next!
A few tips about making these Carrot Cake Muffins:
- Spray a muffin tin with baking spray. You don’t need to use liners for these muffins!
- If your batter is really thick, don’t worry, it should be! Don’t overbeat it.
- Use a large cookie scoop (I like this one) to portion out your muffin batter so they are even. This recipe makes 10-12 muffins!
- Let your muffins cool COMPLETELY before adding the glaze!
- Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for best results. You’ll want to keep that cream cheese frosting chilled. If you’re skipping the frosting (glaze, I’m sorry), you can store these at room temperature.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you’re on the hunt for other unique CARROT CAKE recipes, be sure to check out this Carrot Cake Roll from Dorothy. Her cake roll recipes are top notch! Or maybe you want to try these Carrot Cake Cookies from Maria. I love that she even added a Cream Cheese glaze to the top! Finally, think outside the box and make a batch of this Carrot Cake Fudge from Jocelyn. How adorable would this be on your Easter dessert table!?!