Chocolate Banana Muffins
Chocolate and Banana in one tasty bite! These Muffins are delicious slathered with Nutella or creamy butter.
A few weeks ago I set out to make some banana muffins. And then it happened. Severe chocolate cravings.
That’s how these chocolate banana muffins were born! This recipe makes 18 regular sized muffins, for my family we like to double it and keep half in the freezer. It’s nice to pull out a bag of homemade muffins for a quick breakfast treat.
While they are absolutely delicious plain, they are over the top delicious with a spoonful of Nutella! I hope you enjoy them too!
Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:16 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Add mashed banana (I use a stand mixer and just add the whole bananas, letting the mixer mash them).
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Divide batter in half.
- To one half of the batter, mix in the baking cocoa.
- Prepare cupcake tin by greasing with baking spray. Drop 2 Tbsp of plain batter into each muffin. Then 2 Tbsp of chocolate batter into each muffin. Should make about 18 muffins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 16-18 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack. Store in air tight container for up to 4 days, or freeze in ziploc freezer bag for one month. ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
While I love these Chocolate Banana Muffins, there are more muffins on this site that I need to remind you about!
These Apple Spice Muffins with Caramel Glaze are insanely good!
Blueberry Muffins: We make these at least once a month and store extra batches in the freezer! Soft, moist bakery style muffins!
Dark Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Chips: Love Otis Spunkmeyer? Tastes just like them, only better cause they are homemade!
Here are a few of my favorite muffin recipes from around the web:
Caramel Mocha Chip Banana Muffins from Inside BruCrew Life
Very Vanilla Muffins from Dine and Dish
Banana Brickle Muffins from Taste and Tell
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**