Chocolate Banana Cake
Do you always have bananas rotting on your counter too? Yeah, me neither. Actually I lie. There are weeks when my family eats 3 bunches of bananas, and weeks when those bananas get neglected. Most of the time those bananas get put into a smoothie, or into the freezer for later use. But sometimes, a girl has to bake. And oh my word is this cake good.
It tastes like banana bread, in a lighter, cakier form. Does that even make sense? Is cakier a word? Don’t judge. Go bake this soon. You won’t regret it.
Here’s the thing. It’s so good out of the refrigerator the next day. I can’t decide if I like it better plain or topped with nutella and walnuts. Maybe we can take a vote. Go make this and let me know what YOU think!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup nutella, melted (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- In mixer, blend butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined. Blend in bananas. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Divide batter in half. In one half of batter, add cocoa and mix until combined. Spread in bottom of greased 13x9 pan (I use my butter wrapper to grease the pan). Spoon remaining batter on top, spread with spatula. ****this will seem like a small amount of batter in the pan- trust me it bakes up fluffy****
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Refrigerate.
- I like it best served the next day, out of the refrigerator. You can also dress it up by drizzling some nutella on top and some chopped walnuts. You decide!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**