So, after searching my parents cupboards one afternoon, I realized they had all the ingredients to make a moist chocolate pudding cake. SO SO SO easy, and only a few ingredients. There are so many varieties you can make as well. The one I made used a chocolate cake mix, vanilla pudding, and a bag of semi-sweet morsels. One of my favorites though is yellow cake, with butterscotch pudding and butterscotch morsels. You pick your favorites! Your taste buds will thank you.
**This is a very dense cake because of the pudding, but quite a lovely treat!
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Yield: serves 15
Prep Time:5 minutes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box (3.4oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cup milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- sprinkles, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with milk. Whisk until smooth. Add in chocolate cake mix and beat until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 13x9 baking dish, and bake according to cake mix package directions.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Top with Cool Whip and sprinkles, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cake will be moist and dense...perfect!!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**