These Lemon Coconut Cupcakes are from scratch and filled with sweet lemon curd. Topped with a creamy lemon frosting and shredded coconut, your family will beg for the recipe on Easter!
**today’s recipe is in partnership with Country Crock® Butter Sticks. All opinions are 100% my own**
Click HERE to save the recipe to Pinterest!
It’s almost SPRING! Well, here in Chicago it could feel like spring temperatures one day, and the next it could snow. BUT, the idea of Spring is all it takes for me to want to whip up a batch of Lemon Cupcakes!
Anything lemon flavored actually. I think that fresh, bright lemon reminds me of sunshine!
Today, I’m making a Lemon Curd filled cupcake with a sweet Lemon Frosting topped with Coconut. It’s basically screaming, it’s EASTER, it’s EASTER!
Easter traditions at our house always include a ham dinner and a festive treat to finish the meal. Normally I choose a version of one of my carrot cakes, but when Country Crock® reached out asking me to try Stefani’s Lemon Curd cupcakes, I happily obliged!
In addition to sending me the recipe, I also received a basket filled with all sort of baking goodies and a few packages of the new Country Crock® Buttery Sticks.
Have you tried these yet? They are a baker’s dream come true! They don’t need to be softened. It’s amazing. You just grab them straight out of the refrigerator and make cupcakes, frosting, cookies, etc. NO SOFTENING needed. What a time saver!
Country Crock® Buttery Sticks are made with sunflower oil, have a soft and creamy texture, and a fresh taste! You can use them like butter in all your favorite recipes, in a one for one exchange! I can’t wait to try them in some of my favorite cookie recipes!
How to make Lemon Coconut Cupcakes:
- Start with your dry ingredients mixed in a bowl. Add your Country Crock® Buttery Sticks and beat for several minutes until fully blended (and remember, they don’t need to be softened first)!
- Add your wet ingredients and beat until creamy. Fill your favorite colorful cupcake liners and bake for about 18-20 minutes. The recipe makes about 12-15 cupcakes.
- Once your cupcakes have cooked and cooled, you’ll want to fill them with lemon curd. The easiest way to do this is to cut a small circle around the middle of the top of each cupcake, going down 3/4 of the way into the cupcake creating small cylinders. Remove cylinders of cupcake and set aside. Spoon about 1 Tbsp of lemon curd (you can purchase this or make my homemade Lemon Curd recipe), and place the cylinders back on top of the cupcake. It’s okay of they don’t fit perfectly as you’ll be covering them with frosting.
- For the frosting, beat the Country Crock® Buttery Sticks until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add in powdered sugar, milk, and lemon extract and beat for an additional 3-5 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- I used a cookie scoop to top each cupcake with the frosting. Spread evenly over the top and add the sweetened, shredded coconut to each cupcake, pressing gently so it sticks to the frosting.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
What’s on your baking list for Easter? Whether you try these or not, be sure to pick up some of the Country Crock® Buttery Sticks. I think you might fall in love with using them, as a quick and delicious alternative to butter!
Connect with Country Crock® :
website | facebook | instagram
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Lemon Coconut Cupcakes Recipe:
**Today’s recipe is in partnership with Country Crock® Buttery Sticks. While I was compensated to create the recipe and images, all opinions are 100% my own**