Fruit Salsa

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 31, 2011

Delicious, easy to make, picnic perfect FRUIT SALSA!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Delicious, easy, picnic perfect Fruit Salsa recipe

Having spent the weekend camping, I’m reminded how easy and delicious this salsa is to bring…anywhere! The first time I had this was last year, camping with my brothers and their families. Having 3 brothers and no sisters I am very lucky to have 3 great sister-in-laws! They are each a blessing to our family, and each one is a blessing to my brothers! This recipe comes from Casey, the youngest of the troop. She brought this to our camping trip last year, and we all gobbled it up. Of course she shared the recipe, which I have then used to make several times.

Delicious, easy, picnic perfect Fruit Salsa recipe

Usually, I tend to change things, add/subtract. You know. Enhance. This recipe is perfect as is. No need to change a thing. Even the choice of fruit in this recipe pairs to nicely with the seasonings. And I’m not a big fan of mango. Unless it’s a margarita. But, then again, I’ll drink any flavor margarita.

As we are leaving for another camping trip this weekend, I had to make more of this salsa. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Thanks Casey!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Fruit Salsa

Yield: serves 8

Delicious, easy, picnic perfect Fruit Salsa. Serve with cinnamon pita chips!

• 1 pint strawberries
  • 1 green apple (don't peel)
  • 1 mango (peeled and cored)
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 Tbsp orange marmalade
  • 1 tsp mint flakes

1. Dice all fruit VERY VERY tiny. Stir in seasonings and serve with cinnamon pita chips! Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.

**photos edited March 2014**

Cindy May 31, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I do love fruit salsa, this looks very yummy! I have 5 brothers, no sisters but I do have 5 great sister-in-laws!

Christine May 31, 2011 at 5:16 pm

This looks so refreshing and delicious–perfect timing for the season…Thanks!

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations May 31, 2011 at 5:32 pm

That looks really good! I have never had a fruit salsa like this, I will have to try it out! Thanks for sharing. :)

Amy May 31, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Looks and sound like a very delicious fruit salsa! I would love to try it soon. Lucky you got to go camping! I miss camping a lot! Sure it is a great dish to bring to the camp site. Love those vibrant colors from the fruit and mint. Thank you for sharing.

BTW, I’m hosting 2 Giveaways on my blog. One for $50 Thrive Products and the other is Baking molds and more. Please stop by to enter if you’re interested. Thanks.

Amy

Holly June 1, 2011 at 2:25 am

This looks so good! Perfect for this hot summer weather we are starting to have : )

Aimee June 1, 2011 at 10:28 am

@Cindy- you too are very blessed then!

@Amy- we love camping. I’ll check out your blog today!

@Holly- thanks, it’s perfect too because strawberries are in season right now!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks June 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm

That salsa looks delicious! I can see why everyone would gobble it up! I wanted to invite you to come by and show of your fruit salsa at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a blessed day, Aimee :)
Katie

Aimee June 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Katie= I beat you to it!

Betty @ Little Farm in the Big City June 2, 2011 at 12:47 pm

This looks great! I’m always on the lookout for fresh summer recipes. I think this is a keeper.

Anonymous June 4, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Fruit salsa – one of our favorite summertime treats. I use a combo of strawberries, crushed raspberries, pineapple, kiwi, mango or papaya, peaches, and apple (for crunch) and a bit of sugar to draw out the juices – as you can see, a little more labor intensive, as all fruits should be finely chopped (preferably by hand).
For chips, I spray flour tortillas w/veg. spray, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (only necessary on one side), cut into triangles, spread on a cookie sheet and bake @ 350 for 5-10 min (watch after 5 minutes, so they don’t burn).

Jenn Erickson June 7, 2011 at 5:02 am

Light, fresh, simple…and simply wonderful! Can’t wait to try this one!

Jenn

Lisa June 10, 2011 at 10:42 pm

This would be so good with some cinnamon chips and it’s so healthy to boot. Thanks so much for sharing this at Sweets for a Saturday.

Ali July 31, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Beautiful salsa Aimee :D I have trouble chopping food so tiny, you have better skills than me. :)

Thank you so much for submitting this to my monthly recipe collection for July – Cookout Food.

The new theme for August will be posted tomorrow, and I hope you will submit again. :)

additional hints April 5, 2013 at 5:51 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on vinyl collectible dolls.
Regards
additional hints recently posted..additional hintsMy Profile