Soft Garlic Breadsticks (like Olive Garden)

Let me be honest for minute. The only reason I like going to Olive Garden is for their breadsticks and salad. I mean, their entrees are good, but I rarely eat one fresh at the restaurant. I fill up so much on the breadsticks and salad that by the time my dinner arrives I’m stuffed and I take it home for leftovers.

I love serving bread with dinner. And these breadsticks are amazing! Perfect to dip in a marinara sauce, or eat alone. I hope you enjoy them too!

Soft Garlic Breadsticks (like Olive Garden)

by Shugary Sweets
Keywords: bake bread side garlic

• 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 pkg active dry yeast (o.25oz)
  • 1 1/2 cup warm water
  • 4 1/2 cup flour
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp salt
In warmed mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Allow to sit about 5 minutes, add in sugar and mix to dissolve. With paddle attachment, mix in flour and 3 tsp salt until just combined. Switch to dough hook and knead for about 3 minutes.
Lay dough on counter and cut in half. Divide each half into 8 equal pieces, for a total of 16. Using counter, roll each piece of dough into a log, about 5 inches long. Lay dough on parchment lined baking sheets. Cover and let rise in warm place for about one hour.
In small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in 2 tsp salt and garlic powder. Set aside.
Bake breadsticks in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes. Halfway through brush with garlic butter (don’t use all of it!). Don’t overcook the breadsticks, they will be firm, but not browned. When done, brush with remaining butter. Enjoy warm!
(recipe adapted slightly from Todd Wilbur/ ABC news)
Powered by Recipage

Linked To:

11 Responses to “Soft Garlic Breadsticks (like Olive Garden)”

1. posted Aug 26, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I think I might just eat these for three days straight. Sounds yummy and easy!

2. posted Aug 27, 2011 at 3:21 am

These are wonderful and easy to make! I hear ya on the “take out” box, lol.

3. posted Aug 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Oh yum, I love those Olive Garden breadsticks! I can’t wait to try your recipe!!

4. posted Sep 2, 2011 at 6:30 am

My family tried these breadsticks not too long ago at Olive Garden and we loved them. How wonderful that this recipe turns out just like them.

5. Anonymous
    posted Jul 26, 2012 at 8:46 am

Um is it just me or is this missing the baking temp?

• posted Jul 26, 2012 at 11:41 am

400 degrees!

6. posted Mar 12, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Unquestionably imagine that that you said. Your favorite reason
    appeared to be on the internet the easiest factor to take
    note of. I say to you, I certainly get irked even as other folks consider
    worries that they plainly do not recognise about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing without
    having side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be
    again to get more. Thanks

7. posted Apr 26, 2014 at 10:50 am

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.

Your site offered us with useful info to work on. You have
    done an impressive process and our whole community might be grateful to you.

8. Pingback: Zuppa Toscana Soup - Shugary Sweets

9. heidi
    posted Aug 7, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Way too little liquids in this recipe. Not a chance of the dough sticking together.

• posted Aug 8, 2014 at 9:25 am

Hmmm, I make these all the time with no problems. I use my kitchen aid mixer and the dough hook and it comes together just fine.