Bunny Chow

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 12, 2012

Easy bunny chow candy made with pretzels, oreos, candy and white chocolate

Easy snack here people. I’m talking, almost as easy as my white trash candy, except this has less ingredients. I whipped this up in under 15 minutes. It makes a big bowl full, so if you’re trying to be careful with what you eat, you may not want to leave this on the counter. In front of you. Within reach.

See, I just kept grabbing a piece, all day long. Before I knew it, I probably consumed half a batch of this treat, on my own!

Good thing it is so easy to make, I can whip up a second batch in no time, and no one will be the wiser. However, they may be suspicious when I don’t get off the treadmill this evening!

Bunny Chow

• 2 cup pretzel sticks, broken
  • 14 Oreo cookies, slightly broken
  • 2 cup milk chocolate M&M candies
  • 16 oz vanilla candy coating
  • 2 Tbsp spring sprinkles

1. In large bowl, mix together pretzels, Oreos and M&M's.
  2. Melt vanilla candy coating according to package directions. Pour melted chocolate over M&M mixture. Pour bunny chow onto a large piece of parchment paper on countertop. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp spring sprinkles (say that 5 times fast)! Let stand about 10 minutes until hardened. Break into pieces and put in a ziploc bag for storage. Enjoy!

Jocelyn March 12, 2012 at 11:21 am

I love yummy easy snacks that call out to me from the counter ! Of course now I am going to need more treadmill time too:-)

RavieNomNoms March 12, 2012 at 12:48 pm

So cute!! Looks so very yummy and colorful. Perfect treat for spring!

sally @ sallysbakingaddiction March 12, 2012 at 4:12 pm

i have all of these ingredients in my pantry right now! i would have NEVER thought to combine all of it for a sweet and salty snack. LOVE this!

Kiri W. March 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Wow! Never had bunny chow, but it sure looks fun and delicious :)

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy March 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Such a great treat for Easter coming up! Loving the salty sweet combo with the pretzels! I would not trust myself around this!!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie March 12, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Enjoy the addition of pretzels. Choc covered pretzels are soo good!

Averie @ Averie Cooks March 12, 2012 at 8:42 pm

this looks perfect!

i love puppy chow and white chocolate chow! made some over xmas, so addictive.

Tracy March 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm

So cute and springy! Definitely want to try this!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 13, 2012 at 3:11 am

Wow, this probably would be gone in less than a day. And I’d be the only one eating it. So cute and what a great idea. YUM!

Loveforfood March 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

i like your recipes so much, good information to show how to cook

Melissa March 13, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Easy and delicious? I can certainly handle that! This looks like a great spring snack :)

April Oliver March 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Yummy! Perfect snack for a class party!!

I’m following you from Trick or Treat Tuesday!

theoliverlife.blogspot.com

Erin March 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm

YUM! Love that there are Oreos in there. Delicious!

Trish - Sweetology101 March 14, 2012 at 2:05 am

how cute and yummy – I appreciate your link at Tea Party Tuesday!

Anonymous March 14, 2012 at 2:15 am

At first glance (and until I read the ingredients) I thought this had Lucky Charms in it. Will be making this for the kids classes this year.

Anonymous March 14, 2012 at 6:44 am

I don’t know what vanilla candy coating is? Can someone explain to a1st timer. Would love to make this for my kids. Thank u!!

Aimee March 14, 2012 at 10:22 am

@ anonymous- vanilla candy coating is sometimes called vanilla bark at the grocery store. You find it in the same aisle as the chocolate chips, and it’s sold in vanilla or chocolate flavor. If you can’t find it, you can always use white chocolate, however it takes much longer to set, and it has a tendency to melt easier in the hands.

Anonymous March 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question about vanilla candy coating Aimee!! Much appreciated. xo

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com March 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty friday link party and would LOVE for you to share this!
http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_15.html We have also included a Sugarlicious giveaway!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper March 18, 2012 at 1:55 pm

This is so cute! I have a Bunny Tail Bark recipe coming up on my blog that reminds me a bit of this one. This really sounds delicious! I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

Jenn Erickson March 19, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Mmmm…all those yummy festive treats in one adorable bite!

Kristi March 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm

This looks super yummy! I am a nut for snack mixes. I pinned this so that I can make sure to give it a try. I am stopping by from Chef in Training.

Shay March 20, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Shay

Six Sisters March 23, 2012 at 3:49 am

This is a yummy mix!! Thanks for joining us for “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll come back next week! -The Sisters

Gina April 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm

We just made this for an outdoor tea party today! It was sooo yummy! I added a link to your recipe on my post, so others can try it! If you have a chance, check out our post! :)

Izzy V. April 10, 2012 at 1:10 am

This looks sooo good! And cute :) I’m so trying this! Thanks for sharing :) Cheers!