Caramel Coffee Shakes

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 14, 2012

Caramel Coffee Milkshakes: make your own coffee milkshakes at home with this easy recipe!

First, before I rant for the next minute or so, let me preface this with I love being a mom. I love my children. I love my husband.

What I don’t love is the joy they all seem to get when they sneak a little swig of mom’s drink. Everyone can have their own glass of pop in front of them, but it’s my Diet Coke they all seem to want to swipe.

But ahhhh, do I get my moment. That time around lunch when the house is quiet, everyone is at school, husband is at work and I can whip up one of these beauties in the blender. And I don’t have to share.

**I like to use Starbucks Coffee Caramel flavor for these, but any brewed coffee works great!
**I also topped mine with a Dark Chocolate Espresso Bean from Trader Joe’s
Caramel Coffee Shakes

Yield: 1 serving

• 6 coffee icecubes (see note below)
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 3 large scoops vanilla bean icecream
  • 2 Tbsp caramel sauce
  • 1 Tbsp chocolate syrup
  • 2 Tbsp whipped cream (from the can)

1. In a blender, mix ice cubes, milk, ice cream, chocolate syrup and caramel until smooth. Pour in a tall glass and top with whipped cream (and more caramel if desired). Enjoy immediately!
  2. **To make coffee icecubes, pour cooled coffee (the stronger, the better) into an ice cube tray. Freeze.

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 14, 2012 at 10:26 pm

3 scoops of ice cream, coffee cubes, and all kinds of syrup and whipped cream DEFINITELY would make my afternoon better :)

this looks delish!

Anonymous October 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Agreed

Ashley May 14, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Ok, so I know what my special treat is going to be tonight. Thanks for sharing!!!

Ashley

Jenn May 14, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Oh I want one of these for breakfast lunch and dinner!

Jocelyn May 14, 2012 at 11:43 pm

That time of day is my favorite too…love the quiet:-) I would definitely not be letting anyone steal a swig of this yummy shake from me!!! One of those shakes and a bowl full of dark chocolate espresso beans sounds just perfect!!!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos May 14, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I am going to be dreaming about one of these tonight :) Which probably means I’ll wake up and make one for breakfast…it’s got coffee so that makes sense, right?

Cassie/Bake Your Day May 15, 2012 at 12:21 am

Want one right now. Oh goodness, this is bad news…in a really good way!

carolinaheartstrings May 15, 2012 at 12:33 am

That is one wonderful guilty pleasure! I love Starbucks coffee any flavor.

Elizabeth King May 15, 2012 at 12:47 am

Omg! looks so delicious! Diffidently gonna save this recipe! ^_~

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 15, 2012 at 2:12 am

Yummmm!! This looks fabulous!

Tanya Schroeder May 15, 2012 at 10:54 am

Love cold coffee drinks in the summer! Perfect pick me up after the pool! Can’t wait to try this.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I totally get you on the rant. My kid always thinks my plate looks better than hers! These milkshakes, YUM. I must have one.

Robyn May 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Oh my! I do believe this has my name all over it! :)

Julie @ Table for Two May 16, 2012 at 10:43 pm

oh my heavens. this is calling my name right now…do you dry ice ship this? haha

Blythe May 17, 2012 at 11:20 am

YUM!

Kelsey Poofy Cheeks May 17, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I couldn’t agree more – I am sick of sharing! :)

Jenny @ The NY Melrose Family May 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm

This look absolutely fabulous! My husband loves the line from Friends “Joey doesn’t share food.” (His name is Joe) This is definitely a me drink. I’m hosting my weekly link party going on now and I’d love for you to join in at http://www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/05/whimsy-wednesdays-11.html

Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls May 17, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Yummm this looks SO good! That would perk up my afternoon for sure! Thank you for sharing at Thursday’s Treasures.

Lady Behind The Curtain May 17, 2012 at 7:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe is being featued today on Menu & Party Idea Round Up from Cast Party Wednesday #41!
Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! —Sheryl—

Joan@chocolateandmore May 17, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I know, right? My kids do the same thing! I can make them milk shakes and as soon as their done “Mom can I have a sip?” Drives me nuts! But I’m going to save some of the morning coffee for my ice cubes and come Tuesday when they’re all off at school, I’ll be thinking of them while I sip one of these, ahhh, sweet, sweet revenge! Does that make me a bad mom?
Thanks for sharing, pinned!

Henrique August 9, 2013 at 1:37 am

Bollywood. Under the alias Ayush Kapoor, I will rise to the top of the Indian feel-good musical scene, leviang Slumdog Millionaire as nothing but a memory of a forgotten generation in film. Riding the tidal waves of success experienced by Bollywood’s rapid growth and international recognition, I amass millions in USD$, eventually establishing myself as a national icon. As with any superstar, my fame will burn out swiftly, after being spurned by the nation for leaked photos of me enjoying an Angus Chipotle BBQ Bacon burger from McDonald’s, (while filming on location internationally). My reputation tarnished, and fortune seized for the cliche9 actor didn’t pay any taxes’ incident, (here’s looking at you Wesley, stay strong!), I live out my remaining days in obscurity, answering phones for Dell’s shitty customer service line, never to act again.The End. 2 likes

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles May 18, 2012 at 12:02 pm

It looks soooo good! Now my morning Starbucks brew with a cinnamon sticks sounds so blah…
Thanks for sharing the great tip :)

Lisa May 18, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Looks amazing! It’s like the coffee places have a scret way to make it because mine never turns out as good. I need to try this!

Winnie May 18, 2012 at 3:24 pm

This is a wonderful and sinful treat!
My other half (=hubby) would definitely love it

Shiloh May 18, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I’m not a huge coffee person, but this looks SOO good. I love the caramel.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son May 18, 2012 at 7:14 pm

If I had seen this moments early, I would be enjoying this creamy treat, instead of my boring old cup of afternoon coffee. Yum!

twelve-O-eight May 19, 2012 at 3:42 am

This looks amazing, what a great way to (save money!) have a iced coffee in the warm months! Your new follower- Tanya

Michelles Tasty Creations May 19, 2012 at 5:53 am

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle

TidyMom May 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm

oh my heavens this looks and sounds SOOO delicious!

thanks for linking up! I featured you post on my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/12-cool-ideas-for-summer/

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous May 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Drive thru Sonic for a Java Chiller with caramel. A lot less work!!

Six Sisters May 21, 2012 at 11:35 pm

We are so glad you came to another week of our fun “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. Please join us again! -The Sisters

Sarah E. May 31, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Be still my heart!

I just had a BK Caramel Frappe 2 weeks ago and have been craving the crap out of another one for a while. This sounds like a much better version and I cannot wait to try it!

Stopping by from Trick or Treat – and pinned to share!

whiness July 16, 2013 at 2:35 am

Pure coffee perfection <3 I'd love to drink it even now! I wish my homemade coffee looked like yours.

aimee @ shugarysweets July 16, 2013 at 10:31 am

It is perfection. You can do it. As long as it tastes great don’t worry how it looks :)