Apple Pie Fudge
Hi, my name is Aimee, and I’m addicted to fudge.
See those bits of apple in there? Yep, apple. As in apple pie filling.
I couldn’t do apple week without making fudge. I mean, you all expected this, right?
These were actually the first apple desserts I made for #appliciousweek!!
The creamy fudge with chunks of apple pie alone are amazing. But then I topped each one with a piece of a gingersnap (quite possibly one of my favorite cookies…)
If you wait a few hours after putting those cookie bits on, they soften like a pie crust. OMG. LOVED this fudge!
I hope you have enjoyed Apple Week! Check out some of the other blogs participating:
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup apple pie filling
- 3 cup white chocolate
- 12 gingersnap cookies, broken into bite site pieces
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add white chocolate and apple pie filling to a mixing bowl, attach whisk to mixer. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar, butter, salt, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice over medium high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and stir continuously for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Quickly pour mixture into prepped mixing bowl with white chocolate and apple pie filling. Beat on medium speed until white chocolate is smooth (about 2 minutes). Pour into baking dish. Refrigerate for 3 hours, until hardened, or overnight.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Cut fudge into small bite sized pieces and top with a small piece of cookie. Store in covered container in refrigerator. Use within one week, or freeze. ENJOY!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2013