Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Love Cinnamon Rolls? Love Caramel Apples? Try combining them in one dish! Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake is perfect for your next brunch! And it’s easy to make!
I love making coffee cakes for breakfast! I have a Bible Study group that comes to my house once a week, and this group of ladies knows that there will be something delicious in my kitchen each morning. What better way to start our study than with a big slice of coffee cake, a hot cup of coffee and some laughter with friends!
Here’s the thing with this coffee cake. I based this recipe off of my love of this Cinnamon Cinnabon Coffee cake. Except of course I added in some delicious apples and topped it with a rich Caramel sauce.
To make the recipe even easier, I used Crunch Pak apples! Have you tried these? My kids love sliced apples, so the convenience of having these on hand when we are running out the door is a blessing. I don’t buy much convenience food (since I make enough treats around here), but I don’t mind spending money on healthy convenience food! I bought a bag of the sliced apples, took a paring knife to remove the skin and diced them up. No need to cook them, just toss them in when the recipe calls for it.
Did I mention this makes TWO coffee cakes? It freezes very well too. I have frozen this with the glaze and without. Just thaw on your counter or in the fridge. You can warm it up in your oven or microwave if you like to have a warm slice of cake. Totally YOUR call. Cause it’s YOUR cake.
Here are some of my other favorite Coffee Cake Recipes….
Cinnamon Cinnabon Coffee Cake: this baby gets made at least once a month in our home! We can’t get enough of how good it tastes!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Streusel: it doesn’t have to be Fall to enjoy this pumpkin breakfast cake. You will want this all year long!
Swedish Almond Cake: this one will get you begging for more! It’s not overly sweet, but the almond and lemon together bring such flavor to the cake you will wish for a second slice. This recipe comes together in just minutes too!
Strawberry Frosting Vanilla Bean Donuts: what’s coffee without a donut? These baked donuts are moist and delicious and the glaze will remind you of Dunkin Donuts strawberry glazed Donuts!
Love these breakfast recipe ideas? Find more delicious recipes by following me on Pinterest:
Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Yield: serves 16
For the Coffee Cake:
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 cup peeled, diced apples
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9inch round cake pans with baking spray and line bottom with parchment paper. In a mixer, blend flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, milk, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined. Divide batter evenly between two cake pans.
- In same mixing bowl (no need to rinse it out), for filling, beat butter with brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice until fully combined. Fold in apples. Drop by cookie scoop onto batter, dividing evenly between two cake pans. Spread with a knife to smooth tops and swirl slightly.
- Bake cakes for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on serving plate.
- For the glaze, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar and bring to a boil. Whisk for one minute, then add milk. Bring back up to a boil, remove from heat.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and pour glaze immediately over warm cakes. Enjoy warm or room temperature!
Check out some of my favorite bloggers sharing their Breakfast Recipes:
Easy, Fluffy Belgian Waffles from Ashton at Something Swanky
Blueberry and Cream Cheese Muffin Top Bread from Averie at Love Veggies and Yoga
**Crunch Pak Apples is a sponsor of Shugary Sweets and has provided free apples and other compensation. However, all opinions are 100% my own! I wouldn’t have it any other way!