No Bake Peanut Butter Eclair Cake
Too hot to turn on the oven? Try making this No Bake Peanut Butter version of a Chocolate Eclair Cake!
One of you suggested I make a peanut butter version. And I’m so glad you did! I used chocolate graham crackers instead of original honey, which gave a delicious chocolate twist to the cake!
I also added peanut butter to the pudding filling. Oh, and some whole Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. I made a homemade chocolate frosting, but if canned frosting is your thing, go for it! I also scaled this recipe down to a 9inch baking dish instead of a 13×9. It’s quite rich, so you don’t need as large a slice!!
One bite of these and you will be so glad you tried this version! Be sure you let this cake sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight) to help soften the crackers! It’s an important step, k?
Speaking of the homemade frosting, I used one of my new favorite discoveries! TCHO Chocolate. I used their 99% unsweetened chocolate critters. They are so adorable too. But, word of warning, don’t let their cuteness be mistaken as a good snack. They are unsweetened. So unless you like to snack on unsweet chocolate, (NOT ME) don’t pop them in your mouth.
However, please please please use these for making delicious smooth and creamy frosting! I’m delighted in how smooth this chocolate melts. As some of you many know, chocolate can be difficult, temperamental product. And you want a good quality chocolate filled with rich creamy flavor, but also a product that melts perfectly. EVERY TIME. So far, TCHO Chocolate has been that perfect product!
TCHO provided me some samples, and I can’t wait to purchase this chocolate on a regular basis. I’ve already used the other samples (dark chocolate and milk chocolate) in upcoming recipes! So stay tuned!!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
Don’t miss a single recipe!
No Bake Peanut Butter Eclair Cake
Yield: serves 8
Prep Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
For the Cake:
- 18 chocolate graham crackers
- 1 box (3.5oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 16 Reese's Peanut butter cups
For the frosting:
- 2oz unsweetened chocolate (I used TCHO 99% unsweetened chocolate)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, beat vanilla pudding mix with milk, until there are no lumps. Beat in peanut butter until smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip, set aside.
- In a 9inch square baking dish, layer 6 grahams. Top with half of the pudding mix. Top with 6 more crackers and the 16 Reese's PB cups. Top with the remaining of the pudding mix. Finish by topping with the remaining 6 graham crackers.
- For the frosting, heat unsweetened chocolate with butter and corn syrup on medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar and milk. Frost the top of the graham cracker layer and place in refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**TCHO chocolate provided me with samples. No other compensation was received. All views are 100% my own!**
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**