Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Morsels and Maple Glaze.

Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Morsels and Maple Glaze

Creating the perfect pumpkin cookie takes time. As in numerous batches of cookies, some edible, some not so much.

Just when I was about to give up, I remembered THIS Iced Oatmeal Cookie recipe on my blog. And I thought, perfect! The oatmeal will absorb some of the extra liquid from the pumpkin creating a delicious, soft (NOT CAKE-Y) pumpkin cookie.

Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Morsels and Maple Glaze

Then of course I had to go whip up a glaze. And I think maple and pumpkin are just perfect together. Oh, and instead of chocolate chips, like you might see in most pumpkin cookies, I used white chocolate morsels.

Such a delicious pumpkin cookie. And I can say that honestly since I ate nearly half of them on my own.

Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Morsels and Maple Glaze

These could also be great for breakfast on the go. I mean, pumpkin is healthy, right? Not too different from a granola bar. And it pairs so nicely with coffee. Just sayin!

Are you following me on Bloglovin’? It’s my favorite way to keep up with the blogs I want to read!

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Morsels and Maple Glaze

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
  • For the glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp maple flavoring
  • 1 Tbsp milk

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars. Add pumpkin and mix until fully combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, baking soda, oats and flour. Mix until blended. Fold in white chocolate morsels.
  2. Drop cookies by large tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 14-16 minutes. Remove and cool completely before glazing.
  3. For the glaze, whisk together all the ingredients. Drizzle or spoon onto each cookie. Allow to set, about 15 minutes.

I have some favorite COOKIE recipes…

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Funfetti Cookies– not from a cake mix!!

No Bake Nutella Cookies

Some of my favorite cookies on the web…

Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies from A Pumpkin and a Princess

m&m Chocolate Chip Cookies from Crumbs and Chaos

White Chocolate Snickerdoodles from Oh Sweet Basil

37 Responses to “Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies”

1. posted Oct 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Yum! These sound great. I love the maple glaze and white chocolate chips. Can’t wait to try these.

2. posted Oct 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Pumpkin cookies are definitely not easy to make—they’re usually too cakey for my taste–but you nailed these! They look like they have the perfect texture and I love the addition of oats and white chocolate chips! Pinned it!

3. posted Oct 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm

The texture. The glaze. The FLAVOR. Oh wow. I loooove oatmeal cookies. These would be so good! Pinned!

4. posted Oct 18, 2013 at 9:48 pm

OH MY goodness, maple and pumpkin are my favorite!!! Love that these aren’t cakey! Can I come over and eat the other half you left 😉

5. posted Oct 19, 2013 at 12:57 pm

These are perfect! Best flavor combo ever!

6. posted Oct 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Haha! I love that you say these are like a granola bar…you don’t have to convince me! I am so glad you didn’t give up on the pumpkin cookie quest…the oatmeal and maple sounds amazing paired with pumpkin!!! Pinnned!

7. posted Oct 19, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I’ve had oatmeal and pumpkin on my to do list, so these are feeding into that even more. Love the sound of these cookies, and that glaze is killing it. Pinning!

8. posted Oct 19, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I was looking at my ipad in bed this morning and I had this post up. My husband looked over and was like those look awesome especially with the gooey stuff on top. This is high praise from him :)

9. posted Oct 19, 2013 at 7:18 pm

There are not enough glazed cookies in my world. I love this pumpkin twist on the oatmeal cookie and wow, that glaze seriously puts it over the top!

10. posted Oct 19, 2013 at 8:05 pm

You put together a lot of brilliant flavors all in one cookie. I love the chewiness of an oatmeal cookie, and that glaze just takes it straight over the top.

11. posted Oct 20, 2013 at 9:03 am

These cookies are rockin’!!

12. posted Oct 20, 2013 at 1:32 pm

OMG! I love all the flavors in these cookies! I could eat a ton of these.

13. posted Oct 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Hello, gorgeous! I saw these on Pinterest and couldn’t wait to hop over! That glaze! Mmmm!

14. posted Oct 20, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I am currently looking for fal type desserts and as soon as I saw these on google+, I just had to stop by. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I think they will do nicely!

15. posted Oct 20, 2013 at 9:52 pm

You had me at maple glaze…I’ll take a dozen 😉

16. posted Oct 21, 2013 at 8:46 am

I used to buy iced oatmeal cookies at the grocery store every week. Your version is a zillion times better since it has pumpkin in it!

17. posted Oct 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm

yum!!! I love oatmeal anything but especially this version. And thanks for the link!

18. posted Oct 21, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Aww man I had some serious problems with pumpkin cookies a few weeks back. These oatmeal cookies look freaking amazing though, Aimee! The perfect balance of chewy, soft, and sweet (oh and the pumpkin, can’t get enough pumpkin in my life!).

19. posted Oct 22, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Everything about these cookies makes me excited. I just want to eat one (or two or three) right now! Pinning these..

20. posted Oct 22, 2013 at 2:47 pm

These look really good! I love oatmeal cookies. I’ll definitely have to try that glaze. It would probably be good on some sort of breakfast treat too!

21. posted Oct 22, 2013 at 3:54 pm

These cookies look fabulous Aimee! A perfect combination of flavors – yummy!

22. posted Oct 24, 2013 at 10:27 pm

You had me at “maple glazed”! Pinning and sharing on my Facebook page tomorrow!

23. posted Oct 26, 2013 at 1:44 am

I just made two batches of the most delicious pumpkin oatmeal cookies ever! what a great recipe! I made it my own by doing half white chocolate chips and half semi-sweet chips. so yummy!

24. posted Oct 27, 2013 at 3:09 am

I love that these aren’t cakey. I need them!!

25. posted Oct 27, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I am dying over this maple glaze, yum :) my husband will love these

26. Isi
    posted Nov 11, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Made these tonight. They are wonderful. Chewy and the spicing is just right. Used oldfashioned oats and oat flour to make them gluten free for a friend. They are delicious! So glad, I found a recipe that isn’t cakey.

27. Paula
    posted Nov 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Hi Aimee. I made these cookies and was surprised that there were no eggs even though the other iced oatmeal cookie recipe you referenced contained eggs. My family loved these but I wondered if they might be even better with an egg and whether the lack of eggs was an oversight. Was it? Thanks for all the great recipes!

• posted Nov 15, 2013 at 9:29 am

The egg helps bind a cookie together. In this recipe, the pumpkin was the binding ingredient. Adding an egg would have added not only more moisture to this recipe, but I didn’t want “cake” like cookies. So yes, it was intentional to leave the egg out :)

• paula
        posted Nov 15, 2013 at 10:20 am

Aimee, thanks for the reply! I thought that might be the case, thanks for clarifying!

28. Pingback: Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies - Shugary Sweets

29. posted Sep 10, 2014 at 6:58 am

I’d love a batch delivered to my house :)

30. posted Sep 30, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I made these tonight! Moist and delicious, my hubby ate 3, I ate 2, but I had to control myself!! Delish

• posted Oct 1, 2014 at 1:13 pm

So glad you enjoyed them!! I have little self control around them, haha!!