Green Monster Smoothie

If  you haven’t yet tried a Green Smoothie, don’t be afraid or turned off by the color. These monster smoothies are energy boosters and delicious too!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Green Monster Smoothies: full of flavor and vitamins!!

As for my workouts, I’m still going strong, if you’re wondering. Do you follow me on instagram? Then you may have noticed I made this green smoothie after my last p90x workout.

But before we talk about this tasty smoothie, let’s talk workouts.

I’m curious, for those of you who workout at home…what do you do? Are you a dvd watcher? Run on a treadmill in your basement? Do you write your own routine?

I have a gym membership that I barely use in the winter. I will go for a week, then quit going and workout at home for two months before going back to the gym.

I never thought I would enjoy working out at home, but two years ago we bought p90x and started the program. I hate love it. It’s a great home workout.

I also have a couple Jillian Michael’s body shred DVD’s as well as some Bob Harper Kettleball workouts.

But now I’m hearing of this T25 and I’m totally intrigued. Not that I need to spend more money on a workout, but I do enjoy having variety at home!

So basically, I’m putting out a request, tell me YOUR favorite home workouts. If it’s a link, share it!!

Oh, speaking of variety, thanks to Shanna from Pineapple and Coconut I started doing 10,000 Kettleball swings for the month of January (be sure to stop at her blog for some healthy recipes!!). Ummm, what was I thinking???? In addition to my p90x and treadmill workouts, I’m doing about 400 swings per day. And every muscle in my body hurts.

Enter….Green Monster Smoothies.

Nice transition, right???

I love to change up the variety of fruits in my smoothies, but my very favorite green smoothie is this one! With banana, spinach and peaches; it’s so refreshing and delicious!

I’ve also added some Vanilla whey protein powder into my smoothie, this is totally optional! I love having this extra protein boost in my diet, it makes this smoothie a meal replacement! ENJOY.

If you have the nerve, add a pinch of cilantro to this smoothie! It takes it to a whole new wonderful place! And a squirt of lime juice. See, my mind and flavor buds keep on going…

Green Monster Smoothies: full of flavor and vitamins!!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Green Monster Smoothie

Yield: serves 1 large or 2 small

Delicious, protein and vitamin packed, Green Monster Smoothie!

• 2 1/2 oz fresh spinach, washed
  • handful of ice
  • 1/4 cup milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
  • 6oz yogurt ( I use vanilla greek yogurt)
  • 1 large banana (frozen if possible)
  • protein powder
  • 1/2 cup peaches, fresh, frozen or canned

1. In a large blender, combine all the ingredients above. Process for 3-5 minutes. You want to go this long to make sure the spinach is fully blended. ENJOY.

For a thicker, less watery smoothie, use frozen bananas and frozen peaches.

Green Monster Smoothies: full of flavor and vitamins!!

Love smoothies? This Banana Split Smoothie is one of my favorites!

Be sure to check out my Getting Fit and Healthy Pinterest Board!

48 Responses to “Green Monster Smoothie”

1. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I really need to get on this green smoothie thing! I love how easy and nutrition packed this is Aimee! A quick snack or breakfast to keep ya going :)

2. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 1:19 pm

LOVE green smoothies! So versatile and delicious.

Favorite home workouts = Sara Ivanhoe 20-minute yoga solution DVDs; (free YouTube videos found there); (even MORE free workout videos).

3. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Love green smoothies and you’re right about not being turned off by the color. You can’t even taste the green. I doctor mine up with banana, and any frozen fruit from pineapple to mango. Love that you put greek yog in yours. pinned!

4. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 1:33 pm

10,000 kettle bell swings? I am exhausted just thinking about that. Of course that will be my routine come next week. I love green smoothies too!

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 5:50 pm

OMG it’s such a good workout. Today I did 100 swings, 50 ab crunches, 10 minute run on treadmill, repeated 3 times…then through in an extra 100 swings at the end. I’m dying….

5. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 1:35 pm

I love how refreshing this smoothie looks! Sounds fab too! Pinned!

6. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I love this combination for a green smoothie. I’m excited to try it. I tend to get in a rut with my smoothies. And my workout DVD’s. I like to mix it up too. My favorites, though, tend to be Leslie Sansone’s Walk Away the Pounds.

7. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm

More power to you sister! I am not so big on the working out, though I should be. How about I just sit back, kick my feet up and drink this! :)

8. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 3:16 pm

How can something so green looks so good? I pinned this so I can try it once I go to the store. I need some peaches. :)

9. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I work out 4-5 days a week at the gym but I used to do p90x abs to supplement it before I started doing pilates. My mom is currently on a p90x kick! Is it just me or do you think the yoga is surprisingly harder than expected?

As for the smoothie, it looks so yummy! Been craving one but it’s been far too cold, even here in Louisiana!

• posted Jan 9, 2014 at 5:48 pm

The yoga is ridiculous. I usually break it up into two workouts, it’s just too long. THanks for stopping by :)

10. Jamie
    posted Jan 9, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Do i have to use protein powder and if so what is a good kind to buy and where?

• Linda
      posted Nov 21, 2014 at 11:42 am

Next step at the vitamin Shoppe, chocolate or vanilla. Awesome stuff!!

11. Kentucky Lady 717
    posted Jan 9, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Hi Aimee…..
    Can you tell me how much protein powder you use for the monster smoothie ?
    Can you give me the name of a good one ?

Thanks, love your blog…

12. posted Jan 9, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Ok… so not at your level of working out yet! I’m lucky if I get 40-50 minutes in on the treadmill walking… and I bribe myself with tv shows I can only watch down there. I use to do a lot of running. The hubby does the P90 thing, and loves it… or so it seems :)

13. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 12:35 am

I need to get back on the workout grind! Go you for getting it!! This smoothie does look delicious, I could drink a few of these!! Adding lime sounds amazing!

14. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 7:56 am

Love the addition of peaches in this smoothie! For workouts, I run outside and alternate arm exercises and ab exercises inside. I used to love doing this 99 workout.

15. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 8:31 am

400? Wow, you go girl! And your photos are gorgeous! I hate photographing smoothies, milkshakes, parfaits, etc, but you did an incredible job with these. I really want to dive right in. For workouts? I used to run, but now I just do things our personal trainer gave us … they’re just on a sheet of paper, so I assume he made them up. Sorry that isn’t much help at all!

• posted Jan 10, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I hate photographing drinks too, thanks for the sweet words!

16. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 8:47 am

I’m on such a smoothie kick and this just might be my lunch today! Yummy!

17. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Lol…I am scared of green smoothies. I think I like the idea more than anything. I pin a billion recipes but never make them. I need to try yours. It’s the most sane one I’ve seen (if that makes sense).
    I love my local kick boxing class, but on off days I do DVD workouts at home (especially in the cold weather if I can’t run outside). I go through phases. Right now I’m totally into Bob Harper. Love Jullian M. I’ve done Shawn T’s hip hop abs and Insanity. Um, the Insanity is insane. Way to hard. I heard about the T25 but have not tried that yet. I hope you find something that you love. :)

• posted Jan 10, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Oooh I have heard of Insanity, sounds like something I would like, LOL!! Definitely try a green smoothie!! YOu may be surprised at how delicious they taste :)

18. posted Jan 10, 2014 at 8:52 pm

This sounds fantastic, Aimee! I’ve been making green smoothies for the past 3 weeks and we have our share of bad combos so I’m always on the lookout for stellar recipes. This one sounds refreshing. I can’t wait to try it– writing ingred. on my farmer’s market list now! My favorite home workouts are Jillian DVDs and going out running. I have to force myself out the door for a run, but always love it once I’ve begun.

19. posted Jan 11, 2014 at 11:27 am

We start each morning with a green smoothie at our house – lucky for me my husband gets up early and makes them before he heads to work. This one looks yummy!!

20. posted Jan 11, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I love green smoothies. This one looks so refreshing!! When I’m at home, I run on my treadmill and watch something on Netflix on my I Pad. Otherwise, I am on a team fitness program at Lifetime. I love it! I have met a lot of great friends through it and when I don’t do it, I am NOT consistent with working out at all!!

21. Bev
    posted Jan 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Can these be frozen to make them easier for grab and go somedays?! Have you tried it or is fresh best?!

22. posted Jan 12, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I love this Green Monster Smoothie! After a long run I like to drink no only water but after I cool down a bit something a little different but healthy. This sounds perfect! Thank you for providing a great idea, I can’t wait to try this!

23. Robbie
    posted Jan 12, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I’m with Bev…has anyone tried to prep ahead? Sounds delish!

24. posted Jan 12, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I’ve never tried a green smoothie (probably the only person who hasn’t!). I’m not sure I can imagine drinking spinach, but love that your version includes peaches!

• posted Jan 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm

oh you can do it, I promise if you blend it long enough you won’t taste the green stuff :)

25. posted Jan 14, 2014 at 11:59 am

Ugh I knew the world would tell me I needed to work out one way or another! I’m so bad because I know I should, but it is just so intimidating. THOUGH – if I had a delectable (and good for me) smoothie as a prize for not dying while on the treadmill, MAYBE I could be a real person and start working out. 😉

26. Ty
    posted Jan 16, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Are your vanilla almond milk and vanilla yogurt sweetened? Sounds like a lot of extra sugar in this since banana and peaches already will make it sweet. Don’t fear the green! (My quick green smoothie is spinach, blueberries, water, blend.) :)

27. Ty
    posted Jan 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm

I should add that mine don’t look nearly ss appetizing, though (unless you like gray drinks).

28. Theresa
    posted Jan 21, 2014 at 11:46 pm

T25 is one of my favorites! Very different than Insanity, which I love. You move non-stop for the full 25 minutes. A great workout and the whole program comes with 12 DVDs so you won’t ever get bored! Always follow it up with a healthy and good quality protein smoothie!

29. LJ
    posted Jan 22, 2014 at 7:05 am

Wow – that green smoothie not only looks great, but it sounds like it also will taste great (I have tried some and they just kinda taste like raw veggies – understandably as they´re so heavily veg based) – I have to try this one though. As for exercise I´m currently on week 3 of P90X3 and loving that it´s only 30 minutes a day, although I´m missing the weights and the arm definition that they brought really quickly when I did P90X, but it´s still early days, I´ve never tried Kettleball swings – that could be fun :-)

30. posted Jan 22, 2014 at 12:28 pm

This is a fantastic smoothie recipe :) I can’t wait to try it out!

31. Anonymous
    posted Jan 22, 2014 at 6:04 pm

turbo fire is a blast, insanity is crazy insane but fun, chalean extreme is awesome I love the weights, jillian micheals 90 day is good, I love to have different ones so I don’t get bored with the workouts. thanks for smoothie ideas.

32. Anonymous
    posted Jan 27, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Try this workout if you have a pullup bar.
    Set a timer for 30 minutes. Do 3 pullups or chinups, 10 pushups, 10 speed situps or other core exercise. Do as many rounds as u can in the 30 minutes.
    OR: put 40 coins on a table and move one after every round and do the workout throughout the day until all 40 coins have been moved.

33. posted Feb 6, 2014 at 10:29 am

I love T25! How can you say no to 25 minutes a day? I’m a Beachbody coach and there is a new program on the scene called the 21 Day Fix. It looks to be really great! I’m not a gym person at all, I’m intimidated, so home DVDs are my preference.

34. Melanie
    posted Feb 25, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Green smoothies are a great way to get all that good stuff in and they are actually great. I prep mine when I get home from the grocery, packing 2 c. spinach or kale into baggies, and fruits cleaned & chopped into snack size baggies by 1 c. so I can change things up. I do 2 c. green, 3 cups fruit, 2 c. liquid ( water, oj, almond milk or a combo) and always start with just liquids and green, this get sit smooth before adding the fruits. This makes 32 oz., I drink one immediately and stash the other in the fridge or split between my kiddos. This makes it easy to get out every morning, and I don’t have to add ice, since my fruits and greens are frozen :) I’ve been avoiding work outs for 4 years my goal is to get back in shape, did a 30 day challenge in January with green smoothies and now I am slowly trying to start the work outs.

35. Pingback: Cranberry Orange Smoothie - Shugary Sweets

36. Corinne
    posted Jan 4, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I have the T25 DVD’s…love them! (a great workout in 25 mins) and add them to my rotation of videos. I don’t go out to the gym so have to find my motivation at home. Jillian M’s “No More Trouble Zone’s” rocks it for a great all round workout that helps you shed inches, and get toned. I’m back to the treadmill while I watch Netflix to help me get through a couple miles. Exercise is soooo mind over matter – hate it, but love how I feel after. I need to try your green smoothie…it looks great!

37. Pingback: Pina Colada Smoothie - Shugary Sweets