Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

by aimee @ shugarysweets on April 9, 2014

Tender Pork Tenderloin seasoned with a Chipotle marinade and drizzled with a Cilantro Lime Sauce. This is one weeknight dinner dish that my whole family loved!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Chipotle Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro Lime Sauce...dinner is ready in 30 minutes!

Do you remember last year when I worked with the Ohio Pork Producers to make this delicious Lasagna Soup recipe? Well it was quite a hit, so I’m back teaming up with them to bring you another Pork recipe.

Today’s recipe uses pork tenderloins. I love using these small tenderloins for an easy dinner recipe. They are perfect for a quick toss on the grill, or roast them in your oven at a high temperature. BUT, there is a key to SUCCESSFULLY cooking a pork tenderloin. Use a meat thermometer.

Growing up, I think I was taught there should be NO pink in your pork. Most of the time, pork chops and pork tenderloins were chewy grey cuts of meat. Not my favorite. Using a meat thermometer will help you not overcook those delicious cuts of meat. When the center of your tenderloin hits 145degrees, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest about 5 minutes before slicing. This will keep all the juices inside, and the result will be a tender cut of pork with a “blush of pink” in the center. It’s SAFE to eat.

You also may have noticed in the grocery store that some of the cuts of meat have had a name change. Check out this list of pork cuts and cooking times for help!!

For today’s marinade I used a can of chipotle chilies in adobo sauce. I plucked out two chilies for the recipe (and about a teaspoon of sauce). Don’t worry about wasting the remaining chilies in your can….do what I do! Take the leftover chilies and put them in an ice cube tray, individually. Divide the sauce amongst them, then freeze. Once frozen, pop them into a ziploc bag and keep them frozen and handy for when you make this again. You WILL make this again!!

I put my pork in the marinade for about four hours, but overnight would work well too!!

While they were baking in the oven, I whipped up a quick cilantro lime dressing. This sweet dressing was great at taking away some of the heat from the chilies. Our dinner was ready in 30 minutes! I also served it up with a side of the mango guacamole from earlier this week. My kids were thrilled that they got to eat guacamole as a side dish.

Be sure to stop by the Ohio Pork Producers website. They are hosting a “pin it to win it” contest until April 20, 2014. You could win $500 in groceries! That’s a lot of pork! Also, check out this great article about 1 million meals donated. Thanks to many of you last year for clicking on the video in my Lasagna soup recipe…in 5 years the Ohio farmers donated 1 million meals. Not too shabby!!

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

Yield: serves 6-8

For the Pork:
  • 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb each)
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
  • For the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • handful of cilantro

1. In a food processor, add oil, salt, pepper and chilies in adobo. Process until chilies are finely ground. Slowly stream in the orange juice. Pour ingredients into a large ziploc bag, add pork tenderloins and seal. Shake and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
  2. When ready, preheat oven to 450 degree. Bake tenderloins on baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes, until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees. Oven temps may vary, so using a meat thermometer yields best results!
  3. Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
  4. While the pork is cooking, combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender (or food processor). Blend until smooth.
  5. To serve, slice pork and drizzle with cilantro lime dressing. ENJOY!!

Connect with Ohio Pork Producers:

website | facebook | twitter | pinterest

**This is a sponsored post on behalf of the Ohio Pork Producers Council (OPPC) and the Ohio Soybean Council (hey, those pigs eat a lot of soybeans)!  I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!

Tina Muir April 9, 2014 at 7:19 am

Oooh this looks beautiful, and I love that it has a tint of pink. My dad has always loved a medium rare, so I have grown up with the pink, and love it, so tender, and this would be so flavorful. Pinning right now; a perfect post workout source of protein!
Tina Muir recently posted..Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Recap: Racing As An EliteMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Thanks for pinning Tina!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes {Butterfinger Frosting}My Profile

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel April 9, 2014 at 7:25 am

This seriously looks SO good! Definitely need to add it to our dinner menu soon! :)
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel recently posted..Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 14, 2014 at 3:44 pm

You totally should!! And don’t forget the sauce, so important :)

Los | The Man, The Chef, The Dad April 9, 2014 at 9:11 am

That is one perfect looking pork tenderloin! The flavors all sound amazing. I love chipotle chilies in adobo sauce too, I have a bunch in the freezer right now and never thought to use it for marinade.

Thanks for the ideas!
Los | The Man, The Chef, The Dad recently posted..Bread and Salt & The Sacred Law of HospitalityMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Give them a whir in a food processor and they make a FANTASTIC topping for burgers too. Or put them in your scrambled eggs!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife April 9, 2014 at 9:27 am

Love smokey chipotle flavor and pork tenderloin–I don’t cook with either enough. Thanks for putting it all together for me :)
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..Berry Coconut Frozen Yogurt {Baby Shower for Steph of Girl vs. Dough}My Profile

danielle April 9, 2014 at 10:34 am

That cilantro lime sauce sounds perfect!

Brittany @ The Domestic Geek April 9, 2014 at 10:51 am

This looks so delicious, pork tenderloin is one of our favorites to grill this time of year!
Brittany @ The Domestic Geek recently posted..Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese FrostingMy Profile

Tanya April 9, 2014 at 12:37 pm

This looks amazing! I need to take my pork tenderloin out of the freezer I’m thinking :) Yum.
Tanya recently posted..Keys to Attracting Top TalentMy Profile

Emily @ Life on Food April 9, 2014 at 1:31 pm

This is a meal the whole family would enjoy!!
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Getting ready for another work trip and WIAWMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Yes indeed!!!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet April 9, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I grew up thinking the same thing! We invested in a meat thermometer and it is the best thing! No guessing when the meat is ready! This looks great!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Spring Velvet WafflesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Thanks Nancy!! I love using the meat thermometer, no overcooked pork for us!

Maralyn Woods April 9, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Pork is my favorite meat. Thanks for the links to the charts – I bookmarked them both. Your tenderloin looks wonderful and I have been on such a chipotle kick lately this is calling for my time and attention.
Maralyn Woods recently posted..Chipotle Pork TenderloinMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Thanks Maralyn! I hope you enjoy the recipe, let me know if you give it a try!!

Kristin @ cheap-chef.com April 9, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Wow, love it! Can’t wait to give this a try!
The Cheap Chef
Kristin @ cheap-chef.com recently posted..Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe w/ homemade marinaraMy Profile

Jess @whatjessicabakednext April 10, 2014 at 5:05 am

This looks divine- I love the colours and the flavours all sound amazing together!
Jess @whatjessicabakednext recently posted..Healthy Mexican-style Chicken & Rice BowlsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Thank you Jess. It was quite a delicious meal!

David @ CookingChat April 10, 2014 at 6:22 am

I love this flavor combo! I make something along these lines, though somewhat reversing how you have it. I marinade in a cilantro-lime mixture and have a chipotle sauce.
David @ CookingChat recently posted..Roast Cod with Herb Pesto from Irish Country CookingMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Love the idea of doing this in the reverse! YUM!

Jennifer Keller April 10, 2014 at 11:08 am

Great recipe, flavor combinations and pictures! Thank you for participating Amy!

aimee @ shugarysweets April 10, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Thank you Jennifer. It was wonderful working together creating something delicious!

Tanya Schroeder April 11, 2014 at 3:47 pm

If it has chipotle flavor, I’m all over it!! I love this recipe. That guacamole is a must!
Tanya Schroeder recently posted..Meal Plans Made Simple #13My Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain April 12, 2014 at 6:53 pm

mmmmmm this looks like an amazing marinade, Aimee! I love chilis in adobo, and it’s been ages since I had pork. Pinning this immediately! :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Roasted Tomato Goat Cheese GaletteMy Profile

Kristen April 13, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I love this marinade and this recipe! Your #pinkpork really shines in your gorgeous photos too!
Thank you so much for participating in this campaign!
Kristen recently posted..Roasted Veggie Pizza for #PizzaWeekMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 13, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Thank you Kristen, it was fun to be a part of again!!

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon April 14, 2014 at 8:23 am

Nothing better than #pinkpork! Fabulous flavors in this recipe!
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Peanut Butter Cookie Dough BrowniesMy Profile

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor April 14, 2014 at 8:26 am

I’m pretty sure I would eat every last bite of this meal. Love the cilantro lime sauce!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted..Spring Onion and Cheddar Scones with Bacon ButterMy Profile

Michele @ Flavor Mosaic April 14, 2014 at 9:11 am

The combination of the Chipotle Pork Tenderloin with the Cilantro Lime Sauce sounds wonderful! Pork tenderloin would be excellent choice for Easter! You and I were thinking along the same lines because I recently posted my recipe for Pork Loin for Easter dinner. Thanks for sharing. I’m going to have to give your recipe a try.
Michele @ Flavor Mosaic recently posted..Pork Loin with Dijon Cream Sauce and CornichonsMy Profile

Tonia April 14, 2014 at 10:56 am

I love pork and I’ll bet the chipotle gave it an amazing flavor!
Tonia recently posted..Brunch Recipes: Fruit Salsa CrepesMy Profile

Susan April 15, 2014 at 9:07 am

Oooh I have a tenderloin in the freezer! Just need to pick up some chipotle chiles! I think this may have to happen!
Susan recently posted..Cadbury Egg BarkMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 15, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I think it NEEDS to happen :)