Blueberry Lime Crumble

by aimee @ shugarysweets on June 10, 2014

Fresh blueberries and lime create the perfect base to this Blueberry Crumble. I must admit though, it’s that thick layer of crunchy sugar and oats that keeps me lifting my fork repeatedly. I served ours with homemade whipped cream, but of course ice cream is perfectly acceptable too!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Blueberry Lime Crumble: fresh blueberries and a thick layer of crumble make this the perfect dessert. Don't forget the homemade whipped cream!

I realized after making this dessert that I haven’t yet shared the inspiration for this treat. I have an apple crumble recipe that is out of this world delicious! I thought for sure the recipe was already up on the blog (from my early years), but apparently I was mistaken. Don’t worry, that recipe will be coming later this summer! Can you wait that long?

In the meantime, soak in summer with this fresh Blueberry Crumble recipe. I paired the fresh blueberries with some lime, and I’m so glad I did! The citrus just pops without being overpowering.

And of course, what’s a crumble without the thick crumb layer.

I’ve got ya covered with this bad boy! The crunchy layer is totally proportionate to the blueberry layer. If you like them to be even, that is.

As for the topping, well, of course you could go with ice cream. That’s what I usually choose when eating an apple crumble.

But if you want something different, I seriously suggest you give the homemade whipped cream a try. It’s easy to make, you can have it whipped up and ready in the fridge. And it’s light enough that it won’t overpower your tender berries. Unlike apples which can dominate a dish, you want the blueberry lime flavor to shine. The whipped cream just adds a sweet enough touch to give this dish a creamy texture!

I’m normally the candy contributor over on Food Fanatic, but today they’re letting me share a summer favorite! Go check out this Blueberry Lime Crumble.

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Averie @ Averie Cooks June 10, 2014 at 10:30 am

Berry crisps just scream summertime!! Love this one & pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I agree completely! Thanks for pinning Averie!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

marcie June 10, 2014 at 10:32 am

Fruit crisps, cobblers and pies are my favorite summer desserts! I love the blueberry-lime combination here — sounds delicious!
marcie recently posted..Tropical Mango Pineapple SmoothieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I love these types of desserts in the summer too! Fresh berries are the best :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting June 10, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Fruit crumbles are my favorite!!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Bourbon Toasted S’mores MilkshakeMy Profile

Matt June 10, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I am the same way, that crunch would make every bite pure heaven. Love this!

Stephanie K June 10, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Ooh, this is nice! Just made it with a package of blueberries that had to be used up today. Delightful!

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Enjoy!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel June 10, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I like my crisps and crumbles with EXTRA crumble and this fits the bill beautifully! Yum!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Pop Tart Cookie Dough S’moresMy Profile

Nan June 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm

I just looked at 5# of frozen blueberries in my freezer and said, “Pie or a crisp???” Thanks, Amy!

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:25 pm

You’re quite welcome! ENJOY Nan!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar June 10, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I love all the crumble! And I bet that pop of lime is delicious!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice CreamMy Profile

Librarian Lavender June 10, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I love a good crumble and this recipe looks absolutely wonderful! I’m a big fan of lime!
Librarian Lavender recently posted..My first 29th birthday giveaway!My Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet June 10, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I LOVE any kind of crumble and the homemade whipped cream is a MUST!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Berry Oreo Yogurt PopsiclesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I agree Nancy. The whipped cream just adds the perfect touch of sweetness :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Chloe @ foodlikecake June 11, 2014 at 5:52 am

That looks so good!

Mir June 11, 2014 at 6:27 am

Anything with lime and I am totally sold! Add the crust, and wow. I could eat crumbly crust all day for every meal. No problem!
Mir recently posted..Fudge Crumb BarsMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) June 11, 2014 at 9:06 am

This treat is the definition of summer! In love!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Raspberry S’more PieMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction June 11, 2014 at 9:47 am

I love summer crumbles! Great idea to pair blueberries with lime!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Strawberry Dark Chocolate Graham BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Thanks Jessica :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Jennie @themessybakerblog June 11, 2014 at 11:49 am

You had me at thick crumb. Oh my, this looks amazing!

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Is there any other kind? hehe!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Danae @ Recipe Runner June 11, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Love this blueberry lime crumble! The lime is so unexpected and who can resist a thick crumbly topping, not me! Homemade whipped cream or ice cream on top, yes please!
Danae @ Recipe Runner recently posted..Green Blueberry Banana SmoothieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets June 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Thanks Danae, the lime really does give it a fresh twist of flavor!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Honey Orange Glazed PorkMy Profile

Lindsay Ann @ Lindasy Ann Bakes June 12, 2014 at 1:53 pm

YESSS. Looks soo fruity, crumbly and delicious! I might have to sub the whipped cream with ICE CREAM, it is summer after all ;) LOVE this

Ami@NaiveCookCooks June 13, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Just looking at this crumble, my mouth is watering!!
Ami@NaiveCookCooks recently posted..Churro Bites with Grapefruit-Chocolate Dipping SauceMy Profile

Carri June 17, 2014 at 1:58 am

Loved this. Not too sweet, tricked myself into thinking it was healthy, as I ate another bowl. Next time, I’m doubling the recipe. Thank you.

aimee @ shugarysweets June 17, 2014 at 2:31 pm

It’s not healthy? hehe, kidding! Glad you loved it :)