These easy Cherry Rice Krispie Treats are drizzled with dark chocolate. Ready in minutes, you’ll love this summer treat. Perfect for holidays too, just add sprinkles.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
You all should know by now my crazy obsession with Rice Krispie Treats.
I don’t make them very often (even though I’ve perfected how to make Rice Krispie Treats), because I can’t control myself around them.
Self control aside, I can’t let a few months go by without sharing another Krispie treat recipe. (Remember these Avalanche krispie treats, these Biscoff krispie treats , and of course pistachio rice krispie treats?)
If you love chocolate covered cherries, this is likely to be your new favorite Rice Krispie treat.
Make them for Valentine’s Day, for a birthday or anytime you want to share something sweet with someone you love!
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- Cocoa Krispie Treats
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
You only need 5 ingredients to make easy krispie treats with Jello:
My secret for making all kinds of flavors of Rice Krispie bars is gelatin powder. Choose your flavor, find the corresponding instant jello packet and make something amazing with very little thought or effort.
- Rice krispie cereal – Make sure it’s fresh and not stale.
- Cherry flavored gelatin powder
- Mini marshmallows – for an even chewier treat, add an additional cup of mini mallows to the cereal when mixing (don’t melt them).
- Melted dark chocolate
Tip for Cherry Rice Krispie Treats
- Use a gentle hand: When pressing the rice krispie mixture into the baking pan, make sure to press lightly. The harder you press, the harder the finished treats will be.
- Dampen your fingers: Hate when rice krispie treat batter gets stuck on your fingers? Run your hands under water before you press the treats into the pan. No sticking, no mess!
- Cutting Rice Krispie Treats: If the treats are getting stuck to your knife when you slice them into bars, spray a very thin layer of cooking spray on the knife first.
- Get creative with shapes: I’m a fan of the classic bar shape for Rice Krispie Treats but I love them in any form! These would be perfect to cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Make sure to spray the cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray first.
The bright pink color and addition of smooth dark chocolate makes Cherry Rice Krispie Treats stand out from the crowd!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section below!
Cherry Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounce package mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ Tablespoon cherry gelatin powder JELL-O, not sugar free
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounce Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers melted
- sprinkles optional
- In large saucepan, melt butter with marshmallows on low heat. Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted and smooth. Add in gelatin powder, mixing until smooth.
- Fold in rice krispies cereal. Press mixture into a buttered 13×9 baking dish. If you want THICKER treats, use a 9-inch square pan. Frost treats with melted dark chocolate. Allow to set, about one hour. Cut into squares and enjoy. Store in a covered container.
- Sugar free gelatin does not work well with this recipe.
- I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers for best flavor and texture.