Cherry Krispie Treats with Dark Chocolate
You all should know by now my crazy obsession with Rice Krispie Treats. I don’t make them very often (even though I’ve perfected how to make Rice Krispie Treats) because I can’t control myself around them.
It’s a joke in our house, because my husband knows if I’ve made them there will be very few left. If any. It’s that serious.
Today, you can indulge on cherry flavored treats with a dark chocolate frosting. Well, only if you make them yourself, because mine are gone.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cherry gelatin powder
- 16 oz pkg mini marshmallows
- 8 cup Rice Krispies
- 11oz dark chocolate, melted
- In large saucepan, melt butter with gelatin powder and marshmallows on low heat. Stir constantly until marshmallows are completely melted and smooth.
- Fold in rice krispies cereal. Press mixture into a buttered baking sheet (13x9). Frost treats with melted dark chocolate. Allow to set, about one hour. Cut into squares and enjoy. Store in a covered container.
Cherry Marshmallow Krispie Treats by Inside BruCrew Life
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats by Eat Cake for Dinner
Kitchen Sink Krispie Treats by Shugary Sweets
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**