Fudgy, chocolate Brownies in the Instant Pot are irresistible. You’ll love this easy recipe for moist and chewy chocolate brownies!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love these Brownies
Brownies in the Instant Pot? Yes, you read that right.
But it was the Instant Pot chocolate bundt cake recipe that I made that sent a jolt of excitement through my kitchen.
I mean, if you can make a moist, fudgy chocolate cake in the pressure cooker…surely chocolate brownies would work too, right?
The answer is yes. Chocolate brownies turn out amazing in the Instant Pot. Especially if you prefer the fudgy bakery-style brownies like we do. (Really, does anyone like cake-y brownies?!)
Here’s why these Instant Pot Brownies are the best:
- They’re an easy, no oven needed dessert. Perfect for when your oven is occupied!
- Instant Pot brownies are rich and fudgy thanks to all the moisture from pressure cooking.
- This is a versatile recipe! Top them with powdered sugar or go all out with the ice cream and hot fudge!
Important Ingredient Notes
- Unsalted butter – Using butter instead of oil makes these brownies rich and extra delicious.
- Semi-sweet chocolate morsels – I like to make brownies with melted chocolate and cocoa powder for a more decadent flavor.
- Vanilla extract – I recommend pure vanilla extract, not imitation.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – Be sure to use cocoa powder, not cocoa mix—cocoa mix is sweetened!
How to Make Brownies in the Instant Pot
Make the Batter:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, remove the pan from heat and stir in the chocolate chips and sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Using big strokes, stir in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder until just combined.
Bake in the Instant Pot:
- Coat a 7×3-inch push pan or cheesecake pan with baking spray. Pour the batter into pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the Instant Pot. Set the brownie pan on a trivet and lower it into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure valve on top to sealing.
- Select “HIGH PRESSURE” for a cook time of 45 minutes.
- When the cook time ends, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Lift the trivet out of the Instant Pot and cool the brownies or enjoy them warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Absolutely! Brownies that are overcooked will be hard and dry. Instant Pot brownies are harder to overbake, but it is still possible.
Cake brownies have a higher flour to fat ratio in the batter, while fudgy brownies have more fat. In addition, fudgy brownies are usually a little bit under-baked for that slightly gooey texture.
Brownies shouldn’t be wet in the middle, but it’s okay if when you insert a toothpick in the center, there are a few moist crumbs.
More Instant Pot Desserts
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Apple Cake
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Cheesecake
Instant Pot Brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add in chocolate chips and sugar.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Finally, add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Using big strokes, stir JUST until combined. Do NOT over mix.
- Spray a 7×3-inch push pan (or cheesecake pan) with baking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water to the Instant Pot. Place brownie pan on a trivet and lower into the instant pot.
- Secure the lid and make sure the pressure valve on top is set to sealing.
- Select "HIGH PRESSURE" for a cook time of 45 minutes. When cook time ends, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Lift trivet out of the Instant Pot and cool brownies. OR enjoy warm with a scoop of ice cream!
- I use this Fat Daddio 7×3-inch push pan. It also works great for making instant pot cheesecakes in the 6qt! Be sure to check out my other favorite IP accessories!
- Do no over mix the batter. This will result in a horrible texture!
- To remove brownies from pan, allow to cool first. Then place push pan onto a mug (or canned good). Holding the sides of the push pan, push down as the brownies come UP. Grab the plate of brownies and enjoy.
- For best results, use GOOD quality chocolate. I prefer using Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips AND Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder. Both have great results in delicious flavor.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
Fudgy, chocolate Brownies in the Instant Pot. You’ll love this easy recipe for moist and chewy chocolate brownies!