Toffee Cashew Cookies
Do you like your cookies crunchy or chewy? For me it depends on the cookie. With these, I was looking for a good crunch. Have you ever tried Trader Joe’s caramel cashew cookies? These reminded me of those crunchy cookies.
However, if you love the crunch, you have to wait a day. On day one, these are chewy with a little bit of a crunchy exterior. Delicious!
But day 2, if you still have any left, OH EM GEE. Crunchy and perfect in coffee or milk, or straight up! Enjoy!
Toffee Cashew Cookie Recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- 12 Tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
- Brown butter in small saucepan and allow to boil for a couple minutes. Remove from heat.
- In mixer, beat melted butter with brown sugar for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and eggs. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in the cashews and toffee bits.
- Roll dough into one inch balls. Dough will be crumbly. Tap tops with fork or press with thumb, lightly.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet in a 375 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and enjoy.
**If you enjoyed these cookies, you may also enjoy…