Toffee Cashew Cookies

by aimee @ shugarysweets on January 13, 2012

Do you like your cookies crunchy or chewy? For me it depends on the cookie. With these, I was looking for a good crunch. Have you ever tried Trader Joe’s caramel cashew cookies? These reminded me of those crunchy cookies.

However, if you love the crunch, you have to wait a day. On day one, these are chewy with a little bit of a crunchy exterior. Delicious!

But day 2, if you still have any left, OH EM GEE. Crunchy and perfect in coffee or milk, or straight up! Enjoy!

Toffee Cashew Cookie Recipe:

12 Tbsp butter
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup cashews, chopped
1 cup Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
Brown butter in small saucepan and allow to boil for a couple minutes. Remove from heat.
In mixer, beat melted butter with brown sugar for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and eggs. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in the cashews and toffee bits.
Roll dough into one inch balls. Dough will be crumbly. Tap tops with fork or press with thumb, lightly.
Bake on parchment lined baking sheet in a 375 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and enjoy.

**If you enjoyed these cookies, you may also enjoy

Caramel Cashew Clusters by My Baking Addiction
White Chocolate Toffee Doodles by Something Swanky
Toffee Crunch Cookies by Shugary Sweets

Linked To:
Sweet Tooth Friday  Weekend Show Off  Sweets for a Saturday  Strut Your Stuff Sweet Indulgences Melt in Your Mouth
Mouthwatering Monday  Little Birdie Told Me  Trick or Treat  Crazy Sweet

Jocelyn January 13, 2012 at 11:41 am

Sadly I have never been to Trader Joe’s. We have driven past but I have been deprived of this wonderful place. I am thinking we remedy that on our shopping trip!

Cookies with coffee…sounds like breakfast to me. Who needs the diet:-)

Paige @ The Crunchy Mamacita January 13, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love this! I have been needing to use up some toffee bits in my freezer so this is the perfect recipe. Pinned!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

Ive never tried those cookies from TJs…I have so much of my own stuff I hate buying baked goods. As in, my freezer runneth over.

I love toffee bits. HUGELY! These cookies look great!

Julie @ Table for Two January 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm

yum! I LOVE toffee. Some days I like crunchy cookies and some days I like chewy/soft cookies. If I’m ever in the mood for crunchy, I want to make these. Toffee is just one of my favorite flavors. I always get the toffee nut latte at starbucks!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos January 13, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I’ll take a dozen of these babies asap. What a great combo!

Hilliary@ Happily Ever Healthy January 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I have wanted to make every single treat you have posted this week! My grandpa would love these! Cashews are his favorite!

Erin January 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Toffees and cashews? This sound like a winning combination. If you have the chance I would love for you to link this and anything else you would like at my month long link party.

Aarthi January 13, 2012 at 5:27 pm

yummy recipe…I will try it soon….This makes me drool..Bookmarking it..

Aarthi

Cindy Waffles January 14, 2012 at 1:00 am

Yes, I’ve tried the caramel cashew cookies from Trader Joes. They are soo good. Your toffee cashew cookie recipe looks great too! I’m going to bookmark this.

On crunchy or chewy cookies?
Same here, it depends on the cookie. I like my chocolate chip cookies warm and chewy. Oatmeal raisin cookies, also chewy. These toffee cashew cookies, I think I’d like them crunch to go along with my coffee.

Amalia January 14, 2012 at 3:26 am

These look so delicious! I love dunking crunchy cookies in milk, it’s heavenly! I’ve really been wanting to buy some toffee bits because I’ve seen so many amazing recipes that use them. This is just one of the many :) I really need to get on it and buy some already! Fabulous recipe, I can just imagine how amazing these taste!

Christine's Pantry January 14, 2012 at 5:57 am

We don’t have Trader Joe’s in my area. I like both crunchy and chewy cookies. Great recipe.

peanutbutterandpeppers.com January 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Yum! I love chewy and crunchy, so I’ll eat half the batch the first day and the other half the 2nd. That way I have best of both worlds! :)

Curt January 15, 2012 at 2:43 am

This really sounds good. I love cashews, and I’ll bet they’re great in a cookie!

shopannies January 15, 2012 at 3:37 am

so yummy

Heather January 15, 2012 at 6:51 am

This looks like the perfect evil treat!! bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

Lizzy January 15, 2012 at 11:51 am

Put toffee chips in anything and I’m there!!! These look fabulous!

Kiri W. January 15, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I love toffee to death, and cashews are some of my favorite nuts ever :) These look amazing!

Hayley January 16, 2012 at 6:21 am

OMG, I can just imagine the sweet and buttery yet salty flavor of these cookies and my mouth is watering like crazy! How delicious do these look?!

Veronica and Daniel January 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm

mmmm toffee! I am so glad you linked up to Trick or Treat tuesday :) These look so good!

MrsFoxsSweets January 17, 2012 at 1:22 pm

These sounds so yummy! They would go perfect with my coffee right now!

Erin January 17, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Oh man. Another fantastic cookie!

Bake Up, Little Suzy January 17, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Cashews and toffee — two of my favorites together! I’ll probably under-bake them a hair. I like them chewy EVERY day.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 17, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Wow, those sound good. Really good. Like, I want them now good! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more January 18, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I am not a crunchy cookie person, but I might like these, they sound really good.

Jenn Erickson January 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Another brilliant marriage of flavors!

Cindee December 21, 2013 at 8:12 am

I want to pin this recipe, but the image does not appear on the page; it says “file not found” when I click on it. :(