Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats with Dark Chocolate

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 15, 2012

I get it. I have an addiction to Rice Krispie Treats. But once I figured out you can add pudding mix to change the flavor, well, the possibilities are endless.

And I loved THIS fudge so much I wanted to recreate it in a krispie treat!

Genius move people. First I tried this banana version, then I was ready to experiment. Imagine coconut pudding mixed into your krispies with some additional toasted coconut and dark chocolate….why yes. Don’t mind if I do.
Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats: add a box of Pistachio #JELLO pudding mix to give your treats a fun twist on flavor!
Do you have any food addictions? C’mon. Tell me you do and that I’m not the only one!

**Bakers Twine from Pick Your Plum. Have you signed up for them yet? Awesome stuff at huge discounts!
**Bamboo Placemat from Michaels (their dollar section is a goldmine of goodies)
Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats with Dark Chocolate

Rating: 51

Yield: 16 servings

• 1/4 cup margarine
  • 10oz bag mini marshmallows
  • 5 cup rice krispies cereal
  • 3.5oz box instant pistachio pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted

1. In large pot, melt margarine over medium heat. Add marshmallows and continue stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat.
  2. Add dry pistachio pudding mix. Fold in with spatula. Add in cereal. Mix completely.
  3. Pour into a parchment paper lined 9inch square baking dish. Allow treats to cool and set at least one hour. Remove from dish, remove parchment paper. Cut into 16 squares.
  4. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate, allow to set, about 15 minutes. Enjoy (these are great in the fridge)!

Patricia @ ButterYum May 15, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Now that I’ve wiped the drool off my keyboard, will you marry me??? These have got to be the world’s most perfect krispie treat!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 15, 2012 at 11:22 pm

This is so unique! Yum!

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 15, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I am trying the pudding trick you use with my next batch of RKTreats.

I notice you say to melt over the stove. Do you think it matters in the finished product if one uses the stove or micro? I always melt in the micro. Yours always look soooo gooey and perfect which is why I ask! (and using 5 c not 6 cups is huge too!)

Jenn May 16, 2012 at 12:02 am

Now I am going to have to try this version too and that pistachio fudge!

Jenn May 16, 2012 at 12:02 am

Now I am going to have to try this version too and that pistachio fudge!

Aimee May 16, 2012 at 1:03 am

@Averie- I’ve never tried in the microwave, so I can’t say one way or another. Using less Krispies though helps keep them softer. Same goes with not PRESSING too hard into the pan. Enjoy!

Holly May 16, 2012 at 1:52 am

My food addiction would have to be tacos. Seriously. I eat tacos atleast twice a week. Sad, but true! Ha I love that your addicted to rice crispy treats. These ones look delish!

Debbie June 11, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Hi Holly, was wondering if ever tried making Mini Tacos from Tortilla shells, super easy and really easy to eat. They are a hit at parties.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 16, 2012 at 2:10 am

SAY WHAT? You can add pudding to rice krispie treats? OMG the possibilities. My brain synapses are firing rapidly.

Jocelyn May 16, 2012 at 4:29 am

You are the queen of rice krispie treats!!! These are officially awesome!!!

Tanya May 16, 2012 at 11:05 am

Great idea! Never thought of using a pudding mix, this changes everything! Couldn’t have picked a better flavor!

Winnie May 16, 2012 at 12:20 pm

What a wonderful unique treat!
Very unique and looks DELICIOUS

Sharon May 16, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I love traditional No Bake Cookies. They are so rich that you can only eat one or two at a time, but they are so addicting that I only make them a few times a year.

Julie @ Table for Two May 16, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I seriously love the unique twist on this childhood treat! great ingredients, I love pistachios!

Lee May 17, 2012 at 3:55 am

Oh, my gosh! These look incredible. My husband and I are on a sugar fast till Father’s Day, but … oh, it’s going to be hard to not stuff my face with these. Incredible!

Joan@chocolateandmore May 17, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Love it, I would have never thought to add pudding mix to rice krispies treats, you’ve opened up a whole new world for me (again!) Thanks for sharing!

Carrie Burrill May 17, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Great idea!! Love this twist on Rice Crispy Treats.

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen May 18, 2012 at 1:05 am

My daughter saw me Pin this today and I had all of the ingredients at home so we made it tonight. They’re FANTASTIC! Thanks for a great recipe Aimee!

Michelles Tasty Creations May 19, 2012 at 5:55 am

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

twelve-O-eight May 19, 2012 at 8:03 am

These look amazing and I think I have all of the ingredients to make these, yeah!!! Tanya :)

Sara May 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm

YUM!!! Hope you can link this up at my brand new Trendy Tuesday party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/05/trendy-tuesday-1.html

Kathy Shea Mormino October 5, 2012 at 6:09 pm

YUM-O!

Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick

Tiffany @ baking at tiffany's March 12, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I was looking for a creative unconventional rice crispy treat recipe today and this is perfect! Thanks!

smooth radio music list August 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

We stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought
I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am
following you. Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.
smooth radio music list recently posted..smooth radio music listMy Profile

Amy November 21, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Do these need to be refrigerated? Looking for cookie and bar recipes to make for my deployed husband for Christmas, so I need something that will keep okay in transit.