Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 20, 2012

**Before I get started on this post I need your help! I was invited to be part of a recipe contest, and I made it to the final round! If you have a quick minute, could you click over and give Shugary Sweets Chocolate Almond Fudge bites a vote? I’ll still be here. Go here: Sweetest 16 Contest. Thanks so much friends, I really appreciate all your support!

As a special thanks to all who voted, how about another FUDGE recipe? This one for the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life.

Here’s the thing about this fudge. It makes a billion bite size pieces. Seriously. One billion (or 120, whatevs).

My mom gave me this recipe years and years ago (no idea where she got it). I added the peanut butter just for fun, but if you want just a decadent chocolate fudge, you can certainly skip the peanut butter layer!

These little fudge bites will be making an appearance on my candy trays this year…along with some of my other favorite fudge flavors…

What’s your favorite flavor of fudge?

Almond Fudge Bites- not only delicious, but worthy of your VOTE (shameless plug, hehe)

Peanut Butter Fudge: for those of you who prefer more peanut butter to chocolate ratio!

Cinnabon Fudge- fudge that tastes like a cinnamon roll. You’re welcome.

Strawberry Swirl Fudge- otherwise referred to as strawberries and cream fudge. Delish.

Peppermint Fudge- gorgeous and perfect for your Christmas tray!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Yield: 120 bites

• 4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 25 regular sized marshmallows
  • 12oz milk chocolate morsels
  • 12oz semi sweet chocolate morsels
  • 2 oz baking chocolate (unsweetened)
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 bag (10oz) peanut butter morsels

1. In a large mixing bowl, add marshmallows, chocolate morsels (both kinds) and baking chocolate. Set aside.
  2. In a large pot, bring to a boil the sugar, milk, vanilla and butter (over medium high heat). Stirring constantly, boil for 2 minutes. Pour hot mixture over marshmallows and chocolate. Using an electric mixer (or stand mixer), beat with whisk attachment until melted and smooth (may take several minutes).
  3. Pour into a parchment paper lined 15x10x1 baking sheet.
  4. In a small saucepan on medium heat, warm condensed milk with butter. Heat until butter is melted, add in peanut butter morsels. Whisk until melted and smooth, remove from heat.
  5. Pour peanut butter over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set. Cut into bites and enjoy!

Linked To: Wrap Up  Sundae Scoop Chic and Crafty

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar December 20, 2012 at 4:47 pm

This looks perfect!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar recently posted..Eggnog FudgeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Thanks Katrina. I say we swap…I’ll send you a batch of mine, you send me some Eggnog Fudge!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter FudgeMy Profile

Crystal December 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Umm..can I give you my address? I’ll take any left overs you may have from those billion pieces.

p.s. voted for you..yay, you’re winning! :)
Crystal recently posted..Duct Tape Poinsettias FlowersMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Leftovers? No comprende!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter FudgeMy Profile

Medeja December 20, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Looks wonderful! So irresistable!
Medeja recently posted..Meduoliai/ GingerbreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Thank you Medeja!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter FudgeMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks December 20, 2012 at 7:27 pm

The fudge looks great!

And I clicked to the site and got this message : “Forbidden – Users from your country are not permitted to browse this site.” — I tried!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Creamy Tomato SoupMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Darn you for being in Aruba :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust December 20, 2012 at 7:49 pm

This is gorgeous Aimee! Super duper love it!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..White Hot Chocolate Candy Cane Martini {Candy Cane Infused Vodka}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 10:05 pm

They would go perfect with a side of martini :) Or is that the other way around?
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter FudgeMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust December 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Totally!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life December 20, 2012 at 8:20 pm

A billion pieces huh? Then I am sure a package of this awesome fudge is on it’s way to my house right, because you can’t eat that many pieces of fudge :-) And just so you know…I blame you for my recent fudge addiction. I made another one this week too!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Baked Biscoff M&M DonutsMy Profile

Sarah C. December 20, 2012 at 8:25 pm

My hubby saw these and is excited to make them for work friends.
Sarah C. recently posted..Fall/Winter PhotographyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Tell him I said ENJOY!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter FudgeMy Profile

Sue/the view from great island December 20, 2012 at 8:48 pm

This fudge looks fabulous, like a little iced piece of cake. I would love to see all your fudge creations laid out on a platter!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 20, 2012 at 10:06 pm

They won’t last long, that’s for sure! Thanks for stopping by Sue!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter FudgeMy Profile

Mallow&Co December 20, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Oh gosh I love all these variations! Now which one do I try first??? I’m leaning towards these chocolate peanut butter ones…
Mallow&Co recently posted..Shout OutMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 21, 2012 at 7:47 am

I can’t help you. I’m a little impartial to the Cinnabon variety :)

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl December 21, 2012 at 8:32 am

You are the fudge QUEEN! I love all the fudge recipes you post, but I have to say the chocolate/peanut butter combo is my favorite. My grandmother use to make some every year at Christmas and this reminds me of her. :-)
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl recently posted..Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies {#BloggersForSandyHook}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Thank you Ashley. Your grandmother had good taste I’m sure :)

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) December 21, 2012 at 8:37 am

Yep this recipe sounds like perfection. I adore chocolate and peanut butter together. Its the perfect marriage of flavors.
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..KWANZAA FEATURE: Pineapple Upside Down Hummingbird CakeMy Profile

Bailey @ Bailey Bakes December 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

This looks just like my favorite fudge I buy at a sweet shoppe downtown. I’ve always thought about trying to replicate it, but I’m not very knowledgeable in the art of fudge-making! I can definitely follow your instructions though! Thank you for sharing this!!!
Bailey @ Bailey Bakes recently posted..Chocolate Chip Coffee CakeMy Profile

Kate quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com December 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

If I could just eat the peanut butter fudge off the page, I would! It looks so amazing!!
Kate quartercenturysouthernliving.wordpress.com recently posted..This Week’s Little Things to LoveMy Profile

Elise Johnson December 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I can not wait to make this for my hubby who adores all things peanut butter. Thanks so much for sharing these amazing recipes!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction December 21, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I absolutely love chocolate and peanut butter fudge! I would need to make sure others were around if I were to make it!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Peppermint Hot Chocolate DonutsMy Profile

Wanda Ann December 22, 2012 at 4:42 pm

These all look great, will have to try some when I get home.
Merry Christmas,
Wanda Ann

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) December 30, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I love any pb/chocolate combo and this fudge looks absolutely amazing and perfect! And I know the boyfriend would adore it too!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Happy Holidays!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 31, 2012 at 8:20 am

Thanks Kayle! There are a lot of chocolate peanut butter fans out there!!

Trish - Mom On Timeout December 31, 2012 at 11:03 am

Peanut butter ganache??? Why have I never had this before? My eyes have been opened and soon my mouth will be too… YUM!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Top 12 Posts of 2012 | Mom On TimeoutMy Profile

Lucy December 31, 2012 at 11:33 am

Can you replace the peanut butter morsels with smooth peanut butter?

Erin @ Texanerin Baking January 1, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I forgot to make fudge this Christmas. I don’t know how that’s even possible. I wish I would have seen this! It looks awesome. And hooray, peanut butter chocolate! :)
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Your Favorite Recipes of 2012My Profile

Vikki January 2, 2013 at 9:46 am

Love your blog! I would love for you to visit my linky party going on now at http://wallisfarmsdailywalk.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

Have a great day!
Vikki recently posted..LINKY PARTY #1My Profile

Nicole January 3, 2013 at 12:15 am

Jeez, You sure do know your fudge, girl! This Pb Fudge looks Amazing!
Nicole recently posted..Bloody Mary RecipeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2013 at 7:01 am

Haha, thanks Nicole!!!

Kelly October 5, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Aimee, this is the 2nd fudge recipe of yours I am trying out(your PB fudge was absolutely melt in your mouth delicious!). Do you have any suggestions for a vanilla fudge? Can this recipe be altered with white chocolate morsels instead? Thank you for sharing with us all!!!!

Debbie November 9, 2013 at 9:26 am

Looks soooo good! Pinned! Deb
Debbie recently posted..Super Saturday Link Party #18My Profile

Serena Bolin January 16, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Do u use the small or large marshmallows ?